Hacking So how long until we get a proper tutorial?

Jetpacunlimited

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the work done here by almost everyone is amazing. I've been on GBAtemp for years lurking mostly but I def admire all the hard work here. ESP, the progress in hacking the Wii U so fast. That said.

When will we get a proper tutorial, FROM THE BASICS of how to soft-mod the Wii U?
Now I soft-modded my Wii way back when the Zelda exploit was huge, also installed the USBloader a few years later. Unfortunately that Wii is long gone. So I need to be un-noobed again so to speak.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When a user take the time to write it.
But it needs to be a user who understand everything, or else it would provide wrong or incomplete informations.

I guess the users with knowledge are busy developing/testing/and playing their new game on their new console, instead of writing a guide.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide that's been posted here (twice) were very easy to understand...even I understood it. what are you not understanding?

Jetpacunlimited

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for recommending the Wii Hax tutorial, question.. I've seen some people having problems with the Wii U reading games off of USB certain hard dives... Which one should I buy?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the answer is simple to why there is not a proper tutorial. alot of stuff is still WIP and nobody wants to create a proper tut just for it to be outdated/incorrect a few days later.
also, having no proper guide keeps some of the super noobs away who cannot follow simple instructions very well or figure out stuff on their own. some, not all.

once the amount of people who buy a Wii U increases and more noob friendly ways come about to mod the vWii, then we will most likely see a proper SoftMod guide.

Reactions: [Truth]

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The guide is really easy to understand... I have no idea why people have problems follow it this isn't like the Twilight hack that everytime you wanted to install something or load something you had to put it through the Twilight Hack to get it to work/install. The HBC and the Multi-Mod Install makes everything extremely easy to do. When the scene first started you had to put in Twilight Princess then run a program then installed what ever you wanted and then reload it and repeat until you were done.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide is really easy to understand... I have no idea why people have problems follow it this isn't like the Twilight hack that everytime you wanted to install something or load something you had to put it through the Twilight Hack to get it to work/install. The HBC and the Multi-Mod Install makes everything extremely easy to do. When the scene first started you had to put in Twilight Princess then run a program then installed what ever you wanted and then reload it and repeat until you were done.

I remember the Twilight Hack. I waited for HackMii installer to be released then I rented Twilight Princess just to Install the HBC. I never had to mess with using Twilight Princess as a loader. I had to with the vWii using Brawl tho until the HackMii installer with vWii support came out.

I agree that the guide is easy to understand. I sometimes wonder how some people cannot seem to follow any guide, regardless of how broken down and easy some are. I am dumbfounded by some of the posts people make sometimes.

at least its not like trying to Install FreeMCBoot on a PS2 memory card without having a Gameshark/ActionReplay by hotswapping a game on a PS2 fat, which requires disassembling the PS2 and the top cover of the optical drive to cover the sensors and hotswapping a spinning disk with a modified one while not trying to damage your original or the laser with getting the magnet center piece off and on with a spinning disk. I did exactly this to Install FreeMCBoot on my PS2 via Agent Under Fire (gotta love EA;))

steplay29

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@jetpacunlimited as for the problem with usb hdd's not working on the wii u,i think it is all down to the drive not getting enough power.i have two my passports drives that the wii u would not detect,but fixed the problem with a y-cable and now they are both working.i think driverdis mentioned this problem somewhere else.

lampjese

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lotus-gaming.org
XP
Country
Netherlands
Buy a hard drive with power supply i tried it yesterday and it look like wiiflow sees it because you get a black screen for a while but than fails.
It work on a normal wii tough.
I used another with power supply and it works.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's what driverdis meant, it's still evolving
alot of stuff is still WIP and nobody wants to create a proper tut just for it to be outdated/incorrect a few days later.

The best practice for users who want to hack their vWii is to READ (yeah, I mean it, it bother you? too bad) the current threads talking about vWii hacking.
Follow the current advancement, learn what is possible or not to prevent bricking your console.
Do not just follow a guide which tell you how to install homebrew, without learning what can be done and what can't be done afterward. You need to read the sticky

We already have two members from this forum with bricked vWii.
I'm sure you don't want to be the next one.

Reactions: lampjese

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ