Gaming So E3's in a month... your wishlist?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't tell if Foxi's trolling or not with Sonic Adventure :lol:, but I will agree with him on Generations - fun but throwaway: I loved playing through every level on that game.......once! I think he needs retiring - keep him as a fond memory Sega (but no, they're insisting on effing that franchise up with every new game)

This years e3, specifically for the Wii U? Well let's not get our hopes up.... Hopefully they'll announce a pricepoint for Mario Maker that isn't actually daylight robbery - we should really be talking a cut price 'game' here, but no, methinks they're gonna try and flog it for top whack....
Moving into pipe dream territory - F-Zero GX HD! Shouldn't be too difficult, just ramp it up to 1080p, sort out the occasionally-iffy pop in, add the AX tracks from the start, sorted. Hell, they can charge me £40 for it and I'd probably still snatch their hands off!
I'll also take a 1080p, 60fps Mario Sunshine if they want! :D

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Pokkén Tournament? I wish we'd get it but.. seems unlikely.
Yes, exactly that. It would make sense to port it, but as you said - not getting my hopes up.

What do you mean by triple A? Could it be that prequel-style Ace Attorney game? :D
It has yet to be revealed which AAA game gets ported.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade X - Release date for Europe and US, info about the game and its DLC packs (oh yeah, and it's 7 of them if anyone didn't know already).
Star Fox - Whether it'll be delayed to 2016.
Devil's Third - Just new info.
Mario Kart 8 - Another DLC pack with Battle Mode stages.
Project C.A.R.S - It's like the only 3rd party game remaining to be released on the Wii U so I'd like to know if anything good comes out of the Wii U version.
What ? No voice chat for Splatoon?

How about MK8 200cc upside down mode?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What ? No voice chat for Splatoon?

How about MK8 200cc upside down mode?
Just fuck Splatoon already, it's gotten enough criticism and if Nintendo's still too stubborn then there's nothing to keep going on about.

Buy the game = Actual new games
Avoid supporting it = Back to more god damn Mario games

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I was a fan of last year's presentation. While the actual information was lacking, they got the Robot Chicken makers for some pretty cool claymation shorts (that mother 3 joke hit hard, lol), and the fact that Nintendo was doing nothing live allowed them to make a presentation that wasn't boring and awkward.

As for this year, I heard Nintendo is doing something on the live spectrum but on a smaller scale than 2012 and earlier. So frankly, they must have something up their sleeves. I mean honestly, what do we have to look forward to other than Zelda Wii U, which is guaranteed not to appear at E3? The 3DS is feeling outdated, and is sorely lacking in original releases (except Boxboy, the first original 3DS game in a while that turned out great). The last two big releases were Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes, Zelda: Majora's Mask remake, and Xenoblade Chronicles which was arguably a remake, but I consider it to be more like a demake, since it is inferior to the Wii version in everything except the 3D which I would have turned off anyway.

There's that Puzzles and Dragons game, which looks interesting admittedly, but it's hardly a full-fledged classic Nintendo release.
We are absolutely saturated with info on Splatoon, which is a cool idea (maybe ruined by lack on team communication), but we are all damn tired of all its frivolous advertising. At least I am.

On to things which I might consider to be good in their presentation.

The Fire Emblem X SMT game is a massive opportunity and I can't imagine Nintendo leaving that out of the presentation.

A new 3D Mario is a game Nintendo needs. And I'm not talking the 2.5D style like SM3DW/L. I'm talking Mario 64 (Best N64 game if not best Mario game), Mario Sunshine (one of the best games on GC) and Mario Galaxy (arguably the best game on the Wii) style. It would be a winning title, guaranteed. How could Nintendo pass this up?

Of course, a new Star Fox title would be sorely missed, considering it could be one of the only games that uses the gamepad innovatively and it seems as if Nintendo has forgotten about the series entirely.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. Nintendo needs this presentation to boost sales and have something to make money off of besides Smash bros. and Pokemon. Let me know what your thoughts on this are.

Some edited additional thoughts:
I do have to give some consideration to the possibility of a new Metroid. Whether or not it's Metroid Prime-style, it's a big opportunity. Also, is no one mentioning details of their partnership with DeNa? I imagine they'll announce something smart-device related at this years E3.

Reactions: VinsCool

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why would it be pointless to show 2 upcoming games at the most watched gaming consumer show in the entire world?

Where millions of people will see those games.

That's a huge marketing opportunity. The entire point of the show is to show people upcoming games.

The point is, there's nothing new to show about those games at that point. It'd be a waste of space for Nintendo to focus on new, larger reveals.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Here's what I really want to see, no matter how unlikely:

-Kid Icarus on Wii U. Uprising was an amazing game, and the whole point of Uprising was to revive the franchise. If they don't make a new one at some point it'd be a giant missed opportunity.

-Zelda. It's ridiculous that it's not even showing at E3 this year. It was supposedly going to have a reveal at E3 2013, but was pulled at the last minute. It had a 30-second teaser at E3 2014. It had four minutes of footage late last year. Are you telling me that in over three years of development, there's still nothing to show?

-3D Mario. Yeah, I know, I know- I preach it too much. But here's the reality of it- Super Mario 3D World maintained this Nintendo-adage of recycling Mario 3 for all four of this generation's Mario games, and it's generic, cheap, the level design is bland and the besides the high resolution, high-poly graphics the visual aesthetic is an eyesore. Every environment is empty, annoyingly cubic and isometric and the lighting makes everything look like porcelain like it'd break if I touched it. 3D Mario was in its prime throughout 64/Sunshine/Galaxy (2), so that's the kind of game they should have stuck with in the first place. Yooka-Laylee is what a 3D Mario should have looked and played like on the Wii U. At the very least, a remake of a classic 3D Mario is needed. Super Mario Sunshine's the next Mario game chronologically due for a remake. The best case scenario for remake territory - Super Mario 3D All-Stars. The first four 3D Mario's bundled together in a HD collection, just as the first four 2D Mario's were in the original Super Mario All-Stars. It is SMB's 30th Anniversary, after all- and last time we went around this block during the 25th Anniversary we got a re-release of the original All-Stars game for Wii. If Mario Maker's going to be the only thing to celebrate that, Nintendo has continued to do Mario a disservice.

-A genuine reason to upgrade to the New 3DS. 'Nuff said.

-Something new. I don't mean a new IP, but a new idea for existing IP, in the same manner as Smash Bros. A crossover, a spin-off, etc.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Here's what I really want to see, no matter how unlikely:

-Kid Icarus on Wii U. Uprising was an amazing game, and the whole point of Uprising was to revive the franchise. If they don't make a new one at some point it'd be a giant missed opportunity.

-Zelda. It's ridiculous that it's not even showing at E3 this year. It was supposedly going to have a reveal at E3 2013, but was pulled at the last minute. It had a 30-second teaser at E3 2014. It had four minutes of footage late last year. Are you telling me that in over three years of development, there's still nothing to show?

-3D Mario. Yeah, I know, I know- I preach it too much. But here's the reality of it- Super Mario 3D World maintained this Nintendo-adage of recycling Mario 3 for all four of this generation's Mario games, and it's generic, cheap, the level design is bland and the besides the high resolution, high-poly graphics the visual aesthetic is an eyesore. Every environment is empty, annoyingly cubic and isometric and the lighting makes everything look like porcelain like it'd break if I touched it. 3D Mario was in its prime throughout 64/Sunshine/Galaxy (2), so that's the kind of game they should have stuck with in the first place. Yooka-Laylee is what a 3D Mario should have looked and played like on the Wii U. At the very least, a remake of a classic 3D Mario is needed. Super Mario Sunshine's the next Mario game chronologically due for a remake. The best case scenario for remake territory - Super Mario 3D All-Stars. The first four 3D Mario's bundled together in a HD collection, just as the first four 2D Mario's were in the original Super Mario All-Stars. It is SMB's 30th Anniversary, after all- and last time we went around this block during the 25th Anniversary we got a re-release of the original All-Stars game for Wii. If Mario Maker's going to be the only thing to celebrate that, Nintendo has continued to do Mario a disservice.

-A genuine reason to upgrade to the New 3DS. 'Nuff said.

-Something new. I don't mean a new IP, but a new idea for existing IP, in the same manner as Smash Bros. A crossover, a spin-off, etc.
You're hoping a bit too much for the Wii U, just like the guys over at Blu-ray.com made a topic titled "What would you want WiiU'd?" even though (I think) they're aware that the Wii U is a commercial failure and there's no reason to release a whole lot of games considering it's not going to sell much.

Maybe with the next Nintendo home console you'll have your wishes granted.

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No Fatal Frame love? I´m hyped since they announced 5 is coming to West. Hope there is a release date at E3.

Also, some new title with release date would be good, since most titles I´m waiting for are nowhere near in the horizon: Zelda U, Star Fox U, Pokken, SMT X FE.

Currently, there´s only Splatoon and Xenoblade X to look forward :\

Reactions: D34DL1N3R

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My wishlist: The official annoucement of god of war 4 with gameplay ... and release date.... (the ps4 is sucking for aaa games...)

More Rise of tomb raider info - maybe some gameplay...

Uncharted 4 more gameplay....

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing: the best gift you could ask for.

E3 is nothing but disappointment. Nothing you really want will be there. Even if one game you want to see is there, ten others won't.

All of you should never hope for anything out of gaming and just sift through the shit to find the few good gems that come through.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just hoping it comes as a full game, rather than an eshop exclusive bs thing.

And personally, I hope it is like an updated starfox assault. That game was great :3

I liked Assault too, but I don't think I'd want it similar. It was far too short, and the on foot mechanics could have been better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +2