• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

So about Dark Brandon's speech last night...

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
Sombrero isn't a fox news cultist like Trader and Tabzer are though, he's just a normal dude who thinks both parties are cringe. Which is a based take.

Doesn't matter. I could have inserted any name. While both parties being cringe is a based take, having the belief that Joe has done basically nothing is not. Sombrero can be a normal dude, but it doesn't change the fact that their statement was nonsense.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you still calling Kyle a white nationalist, or can you reference something else?
The Christchurch Shooter?

The OK hand symbol shit was an intentional hoax in 2017, and then over the years more actual white nationalists, such as the Christchurch shooter, Richard Spencer, Nick Fuentes, and so on have started doing it. It doesn't matter what the intent was in the beginning if *actual* nazis are doing it. It makes it a symbol that you can identify nazis with. It's the same reason why some people recognize the difference between the number one thousand, four hundred and eighty eight, and a nazi dogwhistle.

Not that I expect you to be smart enough to understand nuance. You probably need someone to tell you what to think first, bot.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
The Christchurch Shooter?

The OK hand symbol shit was an intentional hoax in 2017, and then over the years more actual white nationalists, such as the Christchurch shooter, Richard Spencer, Nick Fuentes, and so on have started doing it. It doesn't matter what the intent was in the beginning if *actual* nazis are doing it. It makes it a symbol that you can identify nazis with. It's the same reason why some people recognize the difference between the number one thousand, four hundred and eighty eight, and a nazi dogwhistle.

Not that I expect you to be smart enough to understand nuance. You probably need someone to tell you what to think first, bot.
Ah, the ADL deciding that and you listening to them, explains a very large number of your beliefs and puts a ton of things you've said through a large number of posts into perspective. Thanks for that insight.

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
the fact that networks don't want to Re air the message tells you how bad it look for him.

i wonder who told him the dictator look was a good look?

Perhaps try watching more than one channel? Your statement is like a liberal saying the networks don't air Hannity, but all they watch is CNN.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ah, the ADL deciding that and you listening to them, explains a very large number of your beliefs and puts a ton of things you've said through a large number of posts into perspective. Thanks for that insight.
And by your estimation, who is it we're "supposed" to be listening to? The MAGAt incels that call every single right-wing terrorist attack a false flag? It's painfully obvious that y'all just want us to march blindfolded and ass-first into the fourth reich. Ain't gonna happen.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
And by your estimation, who is it we're "supposed" to be listening to? The MAGAt incels that call every single right-wing terrorist attack a false flag? It's painfully obvious that y'all just want us to march blindfolded and ass-first into the fourth reich. Ain't gonna happen.
You'd just try discrediting anything I'd suggest. But start by turning off and stop reading the worst of the propaganda that is NPR, NY Times, MSNBC, CNN, and the Washington Post and see what other media outlets are saying. Once you are out of that echo chamber start re-evaluation your worldview.

• Haha

Ephemeral9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And by your estimation, who is it we're "supposed" to be listening to?
I understand this wasn't addressed to me, but to put in my two cents, I'd say listen to everyone. Also, don't listen to anyone. Every pundit on all sides will have small kernels of truth in what they say, and by sifting through everything you can remove the sensationalism, ID politicking, vitriol, etc and form your own opinion on what to believe is right.

Also just disregard anything with headlines ending in something akin to '...and that's a good thing!', though that's just my opinion on the matter.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
even CNN is shitting on joe
With all the firings that have been happening, I almost believe the new CEO that was brought in because of the Discovery buyout wants to turn CNN into a real media company that actually walks that fine line and doesn't lean either way. That will be incredibly difficult to pull off and I'm betting on CNN being gone in 2-3 years instead.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
Nah I'm not about to start listening to "infotainment." You gotta be a real soulless sonuvabitch to support grifters that call Sandy Hook a hoax and shit like that.
So anything that isn't left-wing propaganda is "infotainment"? Come out of the bubble, that's a whole world out here where people experience real happiness and aren't scared and angry all the time.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If nazis start doing a gesture, do you think there is value in recognizing that nazis do it? IE, do you think it's unreasonable to say that
image-20150303-31835-lsmnuv.jpg

THIS image is a "nazi symbol?" After all, he's just raising his hand!

School children are objectively white supremacists.

Ephemeral9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah I'm not about to start listening to "infotainment." You gotta be a real soulless sonuvabitch to support grifters that call Sandy Hook a hoax and shit like that.
That's the thing though. I'm not saying to listen to it as gospel, but to take it at face value. Then dissect it. Why are they saying it's a hoax? What do they gain from making statements like those? Strife? Internet fame? A reaction? If there are no small bits of truth in anything they say, I just do what I said before. Sift through it all and find kernels. No kernels? Toss it.

Everyone has an opinion and a reason for that opinion. Is it your job to look through it all? Of course not. If it troubles/offends/disheartens/angers (and so on), don't do it. I'm just asking you (not just you of course, not singling anyone out here) to expand their viewpoint from Left vs Right and to try and see a bigger picture.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So anything that isn't left-wing propaganda is "infotainment"? Come out of the bubble, that's a whole world out here where people experience real happiness and aren't scared and angry all the time.
LMAO the fuck are you smoking? Alex Jones and Donald Trump are red in the face 24/7, there's not a lot of people on this Earth who I can say are objectively more unhappy than them.

And hell yes I'm much more likely to be open-minded when it comes to pro-labor "propaganda" as opposed to grifters who have the names of corporations branded on their asscheeks. If your ire is directed at immigrants and gay people, it's not directed at the people keeping Republicans living in trailer parks their entire lives. Talk about a bubble.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Everyone has an opinion and a reason for that opinion. Is it your job to look through it all? Of course not. If it troubles/offends/disheartens/angers (and so on), don't do it. I'm just asking you (not just you of course, not singling anyone out here) to expand their viewpoint from Left vs Right and to try and see a bigger picture.
I already see the bigger picture, it's not Democrats versus Republicans, it's the proletariat versus the oligarchy. The reason I end up arguing with a lot more Republicans is because they're seemingly a lot more susceptible to billionaire worship. Democrats will occasionally argue in favor of someone like Bill Gates because of his charitable donations, but those wouldn't be necessary at all if we taxed wealth at a much higher rate and had proper social safety nets in place.

Meanwhile, Republicans love Trump not in spite of the fact that he's a bigoted dogwhistling piece of shit, but because of it. They aspire to have enough money to be like him, free from consequences for their actions. When somebody tells me who they are, I tend to believe them the first time.

Last edited by Xzi,

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have an argument besides "Disagreeing with me is bad because Trump said so"

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that they aren't just "presenting" themselves that way, it's the reality of the way things are now. Trump has already stated outright that if he ever gains power again, he will purge the entire government and judiciary of everybody who isn't completely loyal to him. The two-party system has always been shit, but it's ten times worse now that one of them has gone way the fuck off the deep end.

Literally all we can do is keep electing Dems while keeping their worst neolib instincts in check with labor and unionization movements. At least until the fat orange sack of shit kicks the bucket and the Republican party hopefully comes to their senses in part or in whole.

Go polish your boots. More marching to do tomorrow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just smoke meth, all your dental problems will go away.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even steven
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I wonder why edibles haven't caught on for meth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Locked down from government to dispensary
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In India it has, can't remember what its called yuka I think, they have a crisis like we have with fentanal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's why we need regulation :teach:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Speak to Psi, he'll offer you some in Tempycoin. :tpi:
    +1
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Day after day, we drink beer, Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Beer can be bad for your teeth
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Teeth? What Teeth?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Do crack instead. Beer is more of a depressant.
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    I like taking trips without even leaving my house, if ya know what I mean.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hygienist name is Jose I'm like fuck Juan found me
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did he ask to see yo feet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's second cousin obsessed with teeth
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you wake up with your belt un-buckled?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Let me lift you up in my chair
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Down there, teeth removal is putting you behind an angry donkey.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth removal is tying the donkeys hair to the tooth and slapping it's ass
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cleaning stuff they used was actually nice tasted like frosting
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That'd be 2million pesos, drink this tequila for your pain.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Also buy my art senior don't forget what happened with Germany
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For reference, so everyone knows we are not racist, just like to pick on Juan, and he gives it back to us 'murdicans in return. I love me some latinos.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: For reference, so everyone knows we are not racist, just like to pick on Juan, and he gives it... +1