Homebrew Snes9x RX - A new fork.

Which one is the typography you think should be the main one from now on? (Images on page 22)

• Earthworm Jim 2

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Kirby Super Star

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Super Bomberman 2

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Earthworm Jim

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marsy_spaceman

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hi!
Is there any possibility of implementing dualshock 4 support?
Found this post some time ago threads/snes9x-gx-4-3-2-with-libsicksaxis.339612/page-3#post-6376800
Not a programmer myself but it looks like xerpi managed to pull it off somehow

RatoPuto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to add the same scanline configurations as the retroarch in this emulator? , the snes9x GX / RX scanlines are very dark :ninja:

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi!
Is there any possibility of implementing dualshock 4 support?
Found this post some time ago threads/snes9x-gx-4-3-2-with-libsicksaxis.339612/page-3#post-6376800
Not a programmer myself but it looks like xerpi managed to pull it off somehow
Is it possible to add the same scanline configurations as the retroarch in this emulator? , the snes9x GX / RX scanlines are very dark :ninja:

Almost everything is possible for the emulator. I don't have that much free time right now for these, so if you're willing to implement new features (don't forget DS3 support needs to be polished) go ahead and submit a pull request, i will gladly check and test those changes later! :yaywii:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You mean you're going to integrate support for that controller in a beta version or something like that and you want me to test if it's working?
"You willing to publicly promise such video, i can include your request for 4.8.0, hopefully it works for you. :yayone:"

Last edited by niuus,
Reactions: RatoPuto

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
New release is up! (4.8.0)

* Language updates for Spanish, French, Portuguese.
* .bs file extension support.
* Classify region id 18 as PAL. [Tantric]
* Set default calibration values, fix controllers that return invalid data.
* Quick fixes for Rendering Ranger R2 and Targa (50/60Hz).

Experimental support for Mad Catz SE FightStick for Xbox 360! Tested and working, separate binary available.
Experimental support for Logitech F510 Controller (Xinput mode). Untested (@wyjek), separate binary available.

Last edited by niuus,

wyjek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Experimental support for Logitech F510 Controller (Xinput mode). Untested (@wyjek), separate binary available.

Sadly, it doesn't work properly, however I've notived something interesting - my controller "works" in Wii menu, I mean I can't give any input, but things like vibration button (pressing it makes the controller vibrate) work and LED is on. When I'm launching Snes9x RX, it gets "brain-dead" - LED and vibration doesn't work. So it definitely does something to the controller, but it doesn't work. I hope it can give you an idea about the solution to this problem. Thanks for your time.

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sadly, it doesn't work properly, however I've notived something interesting - my controller "works" in Wii menu, I mean I can't give any input, but things like vibration button (pressing it makes the controller vibrate) work and LED is on. When I'm launching Snes9x RX, it gets "brain-dead" - LED and vibration doesn't work. So it definitely does something to the controller, but it doesn't work. I hope it can give you an idea about the solution to this problem. Thanks for your time.
Done. Check your messages.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool! BTW, you think the RX forwarder could be updated for USB and SD support, and to also hide the commands after launch?

I have these both working with USB. Have not tried with SD, but they should work.

Path(s)

apps/FCEURX/boot.dol
apps/Snes9xRX/boot.dol

Attachments

• FCEUltraRX - FCRX.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 143
  • Snes9xRX - SNRX.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
Reactions: RatoPuto and niuus

JustinJustin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@niuus have you ever read and looked into HD Mode 7? Nice little article explaining how the mod which is a part of Bsnes improved the overall look of the games. I doubt it would be easy to implement, just wondering if there is any interest there and perhaps if it was implemented, how much would the performance suffer?

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/04/hd-emulation-mod-makes-mode-7-snes-games-look-like-new/
TBH, zero interest at all, the Wii can't do that and maintain playable speeds. I'd rather have Snes9x speed hacks for Star Fox to get 100% sustained speed gameplay without overclocking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk