cornaljoe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This time, after sound and CPU, the big update is on graphics side! The graphics engine has been entirely rewritten and should offer a much better look for most games (especially RPG like Chrono Trigger)!

This alpha version also integrate a new configuration file, that allow you to choose the best options for each game.

-New GFX engine that support tile address alteration (For RPG games and others)
-Faster HDMA (Makes games like Chrono Trigger faster)
-Much better line by line engine, which is now the default (Old tile mode is nearly broken in this alpha)
-Better transparency support
-Other GFX updates: Moved sprites 1 pixel down, Background color alteration by scanlines, fixed 16px tiles flip, better mode 5, better scrolling, new squish method.
-Added configuration file support snemul.cfg (no saving support yet in this alpha) that allow specific configuration for each game.

Download
Source

dunderhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say, I'm very very impressed with the progress this program is making. I just loaded up Chrono Trigger, and the improvement is dramatic, although there's still work to be done obviously. The levels in Donkey Kong Country seem to be playing perfectly. I can't wait for future releases!

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
thanks for the tip
wink.gif
news posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum