Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the edge.mbn?Sure

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I need permission from smb123w64gb though since he made the ganondorf

does anyone know how I can get in touch with him?
btw to install the skin on 3ds do u just put the model and ui in the folders?

whostolemywaffle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yah

here it is NO MODEL INCLUDED BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE STEALING HIS ART:http://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/5395
thx

yah

here it is NO MODEL INCLUDED BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE STEALING HIS ART:http://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/5395
btw where do u put the edge.bin file?

EmulatorLover

3ds master race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys I'm gonna post my tutorial on gamebanna
thx

btw where do u put the edge.bin file?
the same folder as the model

Model import findings. Basically, the answer was Noesis.

Step 1: Export your character model to a DAE file using Ohana3DS
Step 2: Open your DAE in Noesis. Export as an FBX and flip UV's
Step 3: Import into 3DS Max. Apply your material to assign textures.
Step 4: Make sure your objects are named right. When exported with Ohana, Mario is glitched for example. All of his mesh groups have the name of the previous one. This caused me some difficulty; for example, if your body mesh is set to blink, your body mesh might disappear randomly from time to time when your character is blinking. Rename the appropriate meshes to their exact names.
Step 5: Import your model. Attach the imported Editable Mesh to an existing Editable mesh. Match material ID's by default. Re-rig accordingly and assign the correct texture to your imported mesh.
Step 6: Make sure your textures are mapped how you want them
Step 7: Rotate your model's bone structure 90 degrees backwards so it's lying on its back. Your mesh should follow if it is rigged correctly.
Step 8: Run CvsExport from within 3DS Max. Make sure you have a Skin modifier selected. If it tells you it cannot write to dope.csv, restart 3DS Max.
Step 9: Throw your dope.csv and normal.bch with custom injected textures into the same directory.
Step 10: mbnMaker20XX_Bone.py dope.csv -------> Write that in the command prompt
Step 11: Test your normal.mbn

Would have recorded a video but it's late and I'm getting tired. Using these steps, I've been able to get a rigged model working in game 50% of the time without something finnicky happening. I'll try to post a screenshot unless you guys beat me to it.

Helpful tips
- In 3DS Max, make sure your units are setup so that 1 unit = 1 cm. That way, you won't need to scale your model
- I'm not sure how to hide / delete existing geometry. This needs testing, since I've deleted some geometry entirely and gotten crashes. I've also gotten weird results when scaling geometry to be smaller.
- If your model has 32 mesh groups on the left hand side for example, your final model must have 32 mesh groups named the exact same way.
- Regarding naming, Ohana 3DS (for me at least) screwed up and exported Mario's mesh groups with the wrong names. Example: If Mario blinked, he'd disappear for a split second. Use your head, rename some stuff, don't rig Mario for a first attempt or something.

Noesis direct download link
I have a question how do i use the non rig one because I want to add ditto but I want him to be still since well hes ditto

Deleted member 400504

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I edited the ZSS model to be like the thicc mod so it has the same number of polys and verts just moved around a little, the bones are rigged and it exports to dope.csv and converts to and mbn just fine. But when I open the mbn in ohana the textures are all messed up and when I load it in smash 3ds it freezes on the battle loading screen. :/

EmulatorLover

3ds master race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Model import findings. Basically, the answer was Noesis.

Step 1: Export your character model to a DAE file using Ohana3DS
Step 2: Open your DAE in Noesis. Export as an FBX and flip UV's
Step 3: Import into 3DS Max. Apply your material to assign textures.
Step 4: Make sure your objects are named right. When exported with Ohana, Mario is glitched for example. All of his mesh groups have the name of the previous one. This caused me some difficulty; for example, if your body mesh is set to blink, your body mesh might disappear randomly from time to time when your character is blinking. Rename the appropriate meshes to their exact names.
Step 5: Import your model. Attach the imported Editable Mesh to an existing Editable mesh. Match material ID's by default. Re-rig accordingly and assign the correct texture to your imported mesh.
Step 6: Make sure your textures are mapped how you want them
Step 7: Rotate your model's bone structure 90 degrees backwards so it's lying on its back. Your mesh should follow if it is rigged correctly.
Step 8: Run CvsExport from within 3DS Max. Make sure you have a Skin modifier selected. If it tells you it cannot write to dope.csv, restart 3DS Max.
Step 9: Throw your dope.csv and normal.bch with custom injected textures into the same directory.
Step 10: mbnMaker20XX_Bone.py dope.csv -------> Write that in the command prompt
Step 11: Test your normal.mbn

Would have recorded a video but it's late and I'm getting tired. Using these steps, I've been able to get a rigged model working in game 50% of the time without something finnicky happening. I'll try to post a screenshot unless you guys beat me to it.

Helpful tips
- In 3DS Max, make sure your units are setup so that 1 unit = 1 cm. That way, you won't need to scale your model
- I'm not sure how to hide / delete existing geometry. This needs testing, since I've deleted some geometry entirely and gotten crashes. I've also gotten weird results when scaling geometry to be smaller.
- If your model has 32 mesh groups on the left hand side for example, your final model must have 32 mesh groups named the exact same way.
- Regarding naming, Ohana 3DS (for me at least) screwed up and exported Mario's mesh groups with the wrong names. Example: If Mario blinked, he'd disappear for a split second. Use your head, rename some stuff, don't rig Mario for a first attempt or something.

Noesis direct download link
so I did this and it crashed still

EmulatorLover

3ds master race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried something with Falcon and it took nowhere near as long. Basically, don't use Mario until you know what you're doing.

hbRVaL1.jpg

It needs work but that's a quick import I did in 5 minutes basically just going through Noesis.
how did you add textures to the bch?

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Might gonna post another model import test but this time Livestream with perfect outputs of the stream.

Man. The Philippines have one of the most expensive and one of the slowest internet of the world. Curse you corruption.

and possibly help me out if I'm doing wrong on rigging.

EmulatorLover

3ds master race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might gonna post another model import test but this time Livestream with perfect outputs of the stream.

Man. The Philippines have one of the most expensive and one of the slowest internet of the world. Curse you corruption.

and possibly help me out if I'm doing wrong on rigging.
what will you be streaming on?

Alex119098

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@gryz Ok so I made this pretty quickly:
CbVB5mB.png

It's the online waiting stage in friend rooms. I just wanted to simply invert the colors, but people might be interested in downloading this so here you go.

Attachments

• Online Waiting Stage Inverted.rar
    49.9 KB · Views: 161
Last edited by Alex119098,
Reactions: LogicIsHansom

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
what hour you will stream? your country have one hour difference from my country, i will try to watch
Somewhere at 8PM or 10PM Philippine Time.

Question: Is it possible to recreate Big Battlefield on 3DS? I mean, the issue is the blast zone.

Ik Big Battlefield is for 8 Player Smash. But it's nice a Wii U stage is on a 3DS game.

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.