ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:

Viable, competitive movesets for every character.
You better have Offense Up for Lucas...
Also, you should set the menu theme as PMs.
Anyway, for my Judgement Hall mod, I'll be getting back to work on that soon. Expect a pm on it. Has anybody figured out custom animations while I've been gone?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, for my Judgement Hall mod, I'll be getting back to work on that soon. Expect a pm on it. Has anybody figured out custom animations while I've been gone?
I have heard about stuff with custom animations, but I haven't seen any tool to do so...

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I
I can try to do Offense Up for Lucas. Shouldn't be too hard to implement. I plan to create an original themes for the menu and theme song. And yes, apparently we can swap individual animations. SonicBrawler gave one of Palutena's taunts to Bayo. I am already trying to contact him. If this works, I will completely re-do Roy, Ganon, Falco, and Toon Link, by changing hitbox and giving them others' animations. (Roy, Ganon, and Falco I plan to clone animations from Marth, Falcon, and Fox to make them more like Melee versions.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I

I can try to do Offense Up for Lucas. Shouldn't be too hard to implement. I plan to create an original themes for the menu and theme song. And yes, apparently we can swap individual animations. SonicBrawler gave one of Palutena's taunts to Bayo. I am already trying to contact him. If this works, I will completely re-do Roy, Ganon, Falco, and Toon Link, by changing hitbox and giving them others' animations. (Roy, Ganon, and Falco I plan to clone animations from Marth, Falcon, and Fox to make them more like Melee versions.
Stage animations. And for Lucas Offense Up is all he really needs to make him competitively viable, except for maybe a few other buffs here and there. I can overlook his rewrite, huge Mother fan ;)
And for the love of Sakurai, replace Fox & Falcos voices.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Voices and sfx are a piece of cake compared to movesets. I have either Brawl or Melee voices for all veterans. No Smash 4 voices. I also have implemented Melee kb sfx for all element types except for water (for obvious reasons) Lucas will also recieve edits and DJC. I have found out how to implement DJC(it's a WIP, right now it cancels ALL momentum on the first jump, so it's more of an SJC lol) Lucario can DJC with his dair, so I copied that command and gave it to all of Ness's arials.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adyer spending the last 20 minutes digging through this thread, I'll just ask. Can someone send me a Smash 3ds mod pack? I've heard of Melee Fox and Falcos voices, Melee Rest, and a few other cool things. Where can I find them?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't find this from searching so I thought I might as well share it. Global param file for 2 stock 6 mins with team attack on and some other things. Download here
Credits go to http://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/4512 for inspiring me to look into params and find what everything does. (more soon™)

global_parameter_menu.bin (3ds)
00: time/stock
01: timer count
02: stock count
03: Handicap (0=off 1=auto 2=on)
04: Damage Multiplier
05: Stage Choice (0=Choose 1=Random...)
06: ??????
07: ??????
08: ??????
09: ??????
10: ??????
11: Stock & Time
12: Pause enabled (1=on)
13: Team Attack (1=on)
14: Score Display (1=on)
15: ??????
16: Damage Gauge
17: SD Penalty
Things marked with ? mean that I changed it like once, but didn't bother to test it more than once, ?????? means that it did nothing from what I could tell when they were changed.

edit: goes in /saltysd/smash/param/global_parameter

Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w,
Reactions: Cydget

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't find this from searching, so I thought I might as well share it. Global param file for 2 stock 6 mins with team attack on and some other things. Download here
Credits go to http://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/4512 for inspiring me to look into params and find what everything does. (more soon™)

global_parameter_menu.bin (3ds)
00: time/stock
01: timer count
02: stock count
03: Handicap (0=off 1=auto 2=on?)
04: Damage Multiplier
05: Stage Choice (0=Choose 1=Random...)
06: ??????
07: ??????
08: ??????
09: ??????
10: ??????
11: Stock & Time
12: Pause enabled? (1=on?)
13: Friendly fire (1=on)
14: Score Display (1=on)
15: ??????
16: Damage Gauge
17: sd penalty
Things marked with ? mean that I changed it like once, but didn't bother to test it more than once, ?????? means that it did nothing from what I could tell when they were changed.
Did you make that the default?
FINALLY

Kerpumples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would this work with a cia installed version of smash bros? Cause my main 3ds is on 11.0.0-33U so i can to anything on that. Though on my other 3ds im on 9.2.0 with custom firmware. Though when i try, after i install the 114SALT_v420.cia and then boot up smash it shows an error at the bottom of the screen.

Attachments

• 3DS Error.jpg
    3DS Error.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 96

Eduardo Ferreira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Would this work with a cia installed version of smash bros? Cause my main 3ds is on 11.0.0-33U so i can to anything on that. Though on my other 3ds im on 9.2.0 with custom firmware. Though when i try, after i install the 114SALT_v420.cia and then boot up smash it shows an error at the bottom of the screen.
1- Make sure that you have a CFW as Luma3ds or RXtools
2 Delete the Smash Bros. your emuNAND (delete the updates * and * DLCs also erase all data)
3- then reinstall Smash
4 install the update 1.1.4 * and * DLC Pack of Bayonetta and Corrin
5- download the cia 'Smash-Selector' (search on Google and make download in GBATemp)
6 install the cia in its emuNAND
7 after having put the mods in the "SaltySD / smash /" root of your SD, put the SD back in 3ds
8- start Smash Selector, you will see the option to start your Smash Bros 'USA'
9 start and be happy ...

Any questions just ask...

Reactions: Kerpumples

Deltrix18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I build a .3ds for Smash? I want to make a custom .3ds and convert it to a .cia, but when I run the game it always tell me the data is corrupted or that I need the latest update (even though I already have it installed).

Also, I want to have 2 Smash .cias installed in the home menu, one is retail, the other one modded, is this possible?

Last edited by Deltrix18,

Kerpumples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for replying so quickly, that made me quite happy, i'm going to try this right now. Ill update you on if it work or not.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1- Make sure that you have a CFW as Luma3ds or RXtools
2 Delete the Smash Bros. your emuNAND (delete the updates * and * DLCs also erase all data)
3- then reinstall Smash
4 install the update 1.1.4 * and * DLC Pack of Bayonetta and Corrin
5- download the cia 'Smash-Selector' (search on Google and make download in GBATemp)
6 install the cia in its emuNAND
7 after having put the mods in the "SaltySD / smash /" root of your SD, put the SD back in 3ds
8- start Smash Selector, you will see the option to start your Smash Bros 'USA'
9 start and be happy ...

Any questions just ask...

I found a video that has a link to a download for both Beyonetta/Corrin and it also has the 1.1.4 update. Should i use that or still use the 114SALT_v420.cia?

Reactions: Eduardo Ferreira

Eduardo Ferreira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for replying so quickly, that made me quite happy, i'm going to try this right now. Ill update you on if it work or not.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I found a video that has a link to a download for both Beyonetta/Corrin and it also has the 1.1.4 update. Should i use that or still use the 114SALT_v420.cia?
Download this update and dlc not install "114SALT_v420.cia" not to influence, if this method I passed you not work let me know (I use this method and it works perfectly)

Kerpumples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download this update and dlc not install "114SALT_v420.cia" not to influence, if this method I passed you not work let me know (I use this method and it works perfectly)

By this do you mean the ones i got from the video? Because you have nothing linked. Sorry for asking, i just want things to be perfect.

Reactions: Eduardo Ferreira
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: