ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try downloading official updates... Also, you guys should probably remove those links since they are copyrighted material

Kerpumples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try downloading official updates... Also, you guys should probably remove those links since they are copyrighted material
Thats why i didnt post any links, but if you download official updates wont it only have the most recent. Also i thought the cia updates had something special that made the hacks work.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Kerpumples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Kerpumples,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing with that is i would have to get rid of RXTools. (But i was able to get it on rxtools so im confuzzled.)
Removed the links :P
rxtools is outdated, and the patched updates are using an outdated saltysd.
(poorly quoted from a post i made the other day)

Note: you will probably need an archive manager like winrar or 7zip (if on windows, idk what you will need on mac, linux should be fine though) to extract the files for

Setting up a bootmanager for menuhax and homebrew (so you can use homebrew and cfw automatically if you have not) (The next steps assume that you do not just use the normal homebrew launcher to boot cfw, if you do, you can skip this if you want)
0a. If you are using a boot manager (i dont remember the name of it, but it has a purple screen last time i used it) you should have a file called boot.cfg in the root of your sd card. This will be replaced later, but if you do see this, skip to step 1, if not...
0b. You may be using rxtools.3dsx as the boot.3dsx (you will likely boot right into rxtools if you hold select). You will want to switch over to a boot manager. (So you have access to cfw booting and homebrew when you need it)
0c. If you are using the homebrew launcher, and it is up to date or the grid launcher, rename it to boot_hb.3dsx to save a step
1. Download the file at the bottom of the first post from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ctrbootmanager-3ds-boot-manager-loader-homemenuhax.398383/
2. Drag both files to the root of your sd card, let everything overwrite
3. Open the boot.cfg and change everything called Reinand to Luma3ds. Leave everything else alone.
4. Download the latest homebrew launcher, rename it to boot_hb.3dsx and put it in the root of your sd card

Setting up luma
1. Delete the rxtools folder, the rxtools folder in /3ds/ and rxtools.dat
2. Download the latest release of luma3ds from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases (don't download dev unless you actually need it for something (you most likely do not)
3. Drag the 3ds folder, luma folder, and luma3DS.dat (all in the download) to the root of your sd card
4. Turn your ds on and see if everything is working fine. You should have a 3 second boot time, you can change this in the cfg or "more... > settings > timeout" use left and right to change it
5. If you do not forget to copy files over (like me :() then you should see Luma3ds v5.5-something configuration. Go ahead and setup what you want on there (do not check autoboot sysnand)
6. Press start and you should be good to go

If I forgot something, or are confused, let me know where you are at and I will try to clarify it.
after you follow that wall of text, just download the unofficial build from the smash selector thread, drag to the root of your sd card, and replace any files that it asks you to.

Kerpumples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. time for some fun ._. ill get back to you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Note: you will probably need an archive manager like winrar or 7zip (if on windows, idk what you will need on mac, linux should be fine though) to extract the files for

Setting up a bootmanager for menuhax and homebrew (so you can use homebrew and cfw automatically if you have not) (The next steps assume that you do not just use the normal homebrew launcher to boot cfw, if you do, you can skip this if you want)
0a. If you are using a boot manager (i dont remember the name of it, but it has a purple screen last time i used it) you should have a file called boot.cfg in the root of your sd card. This will be replaced later, but if you do see this, skip to step 1, if not...
0b. You may be using rxtools.3dsx as the boot.3dsx (you will likely boot right into rxtools if you hold select). You will want to switch over to a boot manager. (So you have access to cfw booting and homebrew when you need it)
0c. If you are using the homebrew launcher, and it is up to date or the grid launcher, rename it to boot_hb.3dsx to save a step
1. Download the file at the bottom of the first post from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ctrbootmanager-3ds-boot-manager-loader-homemenuhax.398383/
3. Open the boot.cfg and change everything called Reinand to Luma3ds. Leave everything else alone.
4. Download the latest homebrew launcher, rename it to boot_hb.3dsx and put it in the root of your sd card

Setting up luma
2. Download the latest release of luma3ds from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases (don't download dev unless you actually need it for something (you most likely do not)
3. Drag the 3ds folder, luma folder, and luma3DS.dat (all in the download) to the root of your sd card
4. Turn your ds on and see if everything is working fine. You should have a 3 second boot time, you can change this in the cfg or "more... > settings > timeout" use left and right to change it
5. If you do not forget to copy files over (like me :() then you should see Luma3ds v5.5-something configuration. Go ahead and setup what you want on there (do not check autoboot sysnand)

If I forgot something, or are confused, let me know where you are at and I will try to clarify it.
after you follow that wall of text, just download the unofficial build from the smash selector thread, drag to the root of your sd card, and replace any files that it asks you to.

Should i update to 11.0.0-33U on Emunand?

Kerpumples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Setting up luma

Now i get the error with only the game installed...

Kerpumples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you have in your /saltysd/smash/ folder?

F:\SaltySD\smash\model\fighter\kirby\body\c00 then the normal.bch

But the only thing i have installed so far is the Super Smash Bros. cia. and i tried to boot the game normally on the home menu without anything installed but i get the error.

Kerpumples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you have in your /saltysd/smash/ folder?
Ok, i updated my emunand to 11.0.0-33U and now smash boots. Now what should i do to get that specific update officially? Cause i can't access the eshop or anything nnid related on my emunand because i get error code 022-2634. But i cant make a nnid account on sysnand and such because it well make me updated.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use a9lh and it works fine. your problem is because emunand is not the default system. so nintendo's servers don't recognize you.

Kerpumples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use a9lh and it works fine. your problem is because emunand is not the default system. so nintendo's servers don't recognize you.

Thats quite complicated.

So i guess i cant hack smash 3ds?

Kerpumples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you just need cfw on sysnand. here, follow this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)

you don't NEED a9lh. it's the best version of cfw though. i'm just saying you need cfw on sysnand. any cfw should be fine. i use luma, but i've heard good about mizuki too.

Which part should i read because i already have homebrew, my sysnand is on 9.2, i have an emunand, and i can use either rxTools or Luma3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P