ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found where the menu selection sounds are? The ones when you choose an option in the menu? I want to try and add the Melee sound back since it sounds so much nicer.

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I used a different guide before I came here, but that one didn't really get me anywhere, so I came here

I ran an extract_romfs.bat which gave me a romfs folder, and this is what it looks like inside. Should there not be a folder for models? The music is there, at least

NN5YmzD.png

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, the smashtex editor won't properly import my custom image when the format is LA4 for some reason. I can't seem to figure it out.
I made an edit to Cloud's series icon to resemble the meteor thing in the FF7 logo.
b220aa80b0.png
0ac85f568c.png

The first image is the emblem with a black background so you can actually see it on the forum, the second image is the same logo, but with transparency like the original file had.

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Aus-Yoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Edit: Apologies again, please disregard this post also ._. I managed to make them a regular size again and they're working now, not sure why they were ending up so big before.

Last edited by Aus-Yoshi,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just installed the turbo mod. FD plays megalovania. I heard about his earlier. What I wanna know is how this is happening if no music is in the mod.

Aus-Yoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone had "unhandled exception" errors with Ohana? I load up the files like instructed in the OP and it worked fine for Yoshi, but I can't get it to work for Pikachu oddly enough. (it's happening with other characters too, pretty sure the file's not corrupt or anything)
It gives me the error once I click on a texture in the textures tab, and replaces the texture list with a big red "X" :(

The error reads: "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index."

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had "unhandled exception" errors with Ohana? I load up the files like instructed in the OP and it worked fine for Yoshi, but I can't get it to work for Pikachu oddly enough. (it's happening with other characters too, pretty sure the file's not corrupt or anything)
It gives me the error once I click on a texture in the textures tab, and replaces the texture list with a big red "X" :(

The error reads: "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index."
This happens to me a lot. Just be sure to not choose those textures and if you do, just restart Ohana.

Aus-Yoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use the arrow keys to change textures. (Up and down)
Doing this started to work, but then I got the error about half way through browsing the textures, and it would just appear again if I tried again :s Thanks for the recommendation though, it might just be an issue with my laptop more than anything. (Actually, it might just be it stops at a certain point because it's trying to load textures that aren't there for characters with less textures)
Edit: This was the case after all

On another note, I used Pikachu's default model with a texture over the goggles outfit, and it works fine but there appears to be some black artifacts left over from the goggles model, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu