Hardware Smaller, Lighter PSP On The Way!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
What are you talking about? The sales of PSP aren't spectacular, but they definitely aren't losing money, either. And a PSP redesign that would take care of some of PSP's flaws (size, weight, nonexistent poratbility, battery life) would really boost sales. That, and releasing rewriteable UMDs and USB UMD readers, of course, but that is less likely.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What are you talking about? The sales of PSP aren't spectacular, but they definitely aren't losing money, either. And a PSP redesign that would take care of some of PSP's flaws (size, weight, nonexistent poratbility, battery life) would really boost sales. That, and releasing rewriteable UMDs and USB UMD readers, of course, but that is less likely.

They are losing money. Look at how the UMD movie crazed flopped. Now you rarely hear anything about it. Get some good games and they will come
bow.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
They are losing money. Look at how the UMD movie crazed flopped. Now you rarely hear anything about it. Get some good games and they will come 
bow.gif
The whole idea of having lower quality movies at higher prices than DVD's was idiotic from the start. If they wanted a media player, they should have given it more memory and made a movie downloading service, like Apple with their iPod Video. And Apple manages to sell their movies, somehow. Making UMDs rewriteable would benefit movie sales too.
As for games, there are some very goof games for the PSP, ut they are completely overshadowed by all the GTA sequels and clones.

Lumines 4EVA!!!
happy.gif

(And Loco Roco. And Katamari. And Mercury Overdrive. And so on, and so on... )

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And a PSP redesign that would take care of some of PSP's flaws (size, weight, nonexistent poratbility, battery life) would really boost sales.

funny you should say psp's flaw in portability... how would you make it smaller? it's tight as it is. the LCD is 60% of the system with 40% for controls. and the size in DS lite is the same size as psp (just thinner). would you say DS lite is also flawed in portability? you better no go there because the fanboys might attack you
tongue.gif

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
And a PSP redesign that would take care of some of PSP's flaws (size, weight, nonexistent poratbility, battery life) would really boost sales.

funny you should say psp's flaw in portability... how would you make it smaller? it's tight as it is. the LCD is 60% of the system with 40% for controls. and the size in DS lite is the same size as psp (just thinner). would you say DS lite is also flawed in portability? you better no go there because the fanboys might attack you
tongue.gif
The flaw that PSP has is that it isn't scratch proof, they should at least make it foldable. By protability, we may refer to a longer battery life. I am quite amazed at how low the battery life for PSP is, considering Sony is famous for having the longest battery life in media players.
But, man, a lighter emulator for me.
bow.gif

There is such thing as PSP games?
ph34r.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
In public, I'd take out my PSP, jack earphones in and listen to MP3 while playing NDSL on mute. People MIGHT be watching movies or stuff on PSP though (unless they're madly pressing buttons)

Edit: Fixed listen to PSP to listen to MP3
tongue.gif

reaperman@home

Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
tongue.gif
fine, I'll do it, the DSLite is better than it was before, but it's still a fat ugly brick. I'm not holding my breath for anything much slimmer from any company to come out in the next half decade, so it looks like my GBM and I are in it for the long haul. A shame gamepark died, two of the three proposed XGP's were small enough to warrant attention.

a smaller PSP is certainly welcome. especially if they shrink that screen a bit...doing away with UMDs would also help matters...

bobrules

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I laugh if they come up with a Dual screen Psp. I laugh even more if they called their lighter PSP- PSP Lite. I laugh if they would make one.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, i wouldn't be surprised if they went for the touch screen or even motion sensing controls! XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    overkill for any gamer
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is decent though
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm going to cave and get the 5700G and do a matx build
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    a current gen i5 is plenty,next is RAM size, and then GPU depending on the kinda setting and game you play
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 why the G-series?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On board graphics it'll just be a ps3 emu machine
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    easier to troubleshoot? or gpu comes later?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Won't need a GPU with G series for emulation
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I won't upgrade untill the day comes I can't play the games with my current hardware or something breaks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's equivalent to a gt 560 which should be enough for ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I won't need to hack a 360 @BigOnYa :tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    well, if you get a gud enuf PSU, you could futureproof it incase you actually need the gpu down the line
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a spare 650w some place
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/4aQazgy not bad for a $40 case
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for me a 650w is base
    line
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    very gud case, but make sure you have the kinda PSU with very flexible cables
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i know people with this exact case
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah hog tie the cables
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like one with support for a couple 3.5" bays though
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    not that, some psu like those corsair rm series stock cables have very big knicks that make it impossible to fit in there
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my friend had to order some custom cables for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just buy another 650 watt power supply, and Raid them
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    well, it's not a showpiece, but it'll get the job done
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Splice two 24 pins together
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Splice two 24 pins together +1