Visit site
XP
Country
So... what they calling it? PSP Slim?

PS1>PSone
PS2>PStwo
PSP>PSpee

laugh.gif
why not? it worked for nintendo. and we all know that sony likes to copy nintendo

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
looks as 2 of the rumors about this psp slim (or what ever they call it) are not true, or at least we're never mentioned. that being the 2x faster UMD read times and on board flash memory. i had one (was stolen, along lots of over things this last christmas)... but i don't plan to replace it as I played my DS more when i had my PSP anyway.

There was no mention of onboard flash...I don't see it happening anyway. Sony would sell their memory sticks. But the shorter load time was mentioned, not necesarily 2x.

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still dont have a PSP yet, so when it gets hacked 100% i might save up and get it.
the lighter and slimmer appeals to me.

need more pics though.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
199 is a great price for a PSP with 1 gig Memory and the game Dexter but those PSPs are going to be protected somehow I believe.

I think it's about time to get a PSP afterall

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ooooh..... a "PSLite" !!!!
laugh.gif

Why bother ? It might be thinner, but it still shares most of its dimensions with a house brick.
AND.....
It will still be kak
rofl2.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So if the bulky old version was the Playstation Portable, should this one be called PlayStation Ultraportable?

Would that be PSU or PSUP?
nyanya.gif

wacko.gif
Ungh, I just imagined a marketing campaign along the lines of the "Wassaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!?!?!?" thing.

'Sup.
'Sup.
PSUP!

cdr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the current psp is 169$ now and soon for 30$ more I can get...

-smaller
-lighter (it's much smaller and lighter when you take a close look at the pics)
-looks shiny (gotta see pics yet again)
-faster loading times
-longer lasting battery
-plugs to tv
-comes in 3 new colors
-includes a good game (daxter)
-familly guy movie
-1gb memory stick pro duo

so in my opinion its a good deal.

cdr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd prefer them to keep the name PSP. They'll stop manufacturing fat PSPs so they can simply replace it with these new ones.

That is what they are doing. (they will stop production of fat psp's soon after it comes out). They didn't want to make a PSP2 to alienate current psp users. It's also the reason they didn't add a 2nd analog stick but in my opinion they could have added some onboard flash memory or something and changed the design a bit to make it look different but I don't mind, that silver ice psp daxter package looks sweet.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sony should "accidentally" leave an exploit out to unlock the new "Slim" PSP's 100 percent (But have the exploit NOT work on old PSPs)...lol they'd make a fucking mint real quick. As for the redeisn? Pretty pointless....the DS Lite was actually a redsign....and a much needed one...PSP needed a redesign...to bad this was NOT it.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about the longer battery life.....how much longer? I mean, if it only gets a marginally better life, then it's still too short for my interests.

As for faster load times....well, it still won't beat the DS at loading up.
wink.gif

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd prefer them to keep the name PSP. They'll stop manufacturing fat PSPs so they can simply replace it with these new ones.

That is what they are doing. (they will stop production of fat psp's soon after it comes out). They didn't want to make a PSP2 to alienate current psp users. It's also the reason they didn't add a 2nd analog stick but in my opinion they could have added some onboard flash memory or something and changed the design a bit to make it look different but I don't mind, that silver ice psp daxter package looks sweet.

This is more intelligent than most of the stuff I'm hearing. It's pretty obvious why an extra analog won't be in this revision. The onboard flash makes sense when you consider that Sony as a corporation has it's own memory stick division. They will not put more flash memory other than the expanded 64 mb from the old 32 mb for the purpose of faster UMD loading. They want to make money not just for the game division but allow the game division to expand the other parts of the corporation. This is the same reason Microsoft has the whole Games on Windows thing going because it helps to tie in and expand both their game division and their PC software division.

Again, it's obvious that it won't beat a cartridge loading device, nothing has in the previous generations. I think the extended battery life might be 8 hours, I'm not sure if this is because you can apparently use the old batteries for the new ones or if the actual new batteries are determined to last that long. The battery itself had to undergo a redesign to fit the slimmer profile.

cdr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The battery life will last at least 6-8 hours from what I heard which is a good improvement since current psp's last about 3-4 hours and you will be able to put the old battery pack on the new slimmer psp to get even more gaming time BUT the battery cover, will not be able to close since the old battery pack is bigger.

To those saying that the redesign was a flop, I really disagree since they improved almost everything that was not so good on the current psp. (battery life,size,thickness,loading times and some button placements.) What else could they have CHANGED to make the new psp a good redesign?

Nintendo changed the appearance of the ds lite, added some brightness levels and changed the button placement a bit, so basicly they did 3 things and everyone praises it. (including me , I have one
yaynds.gif
xD ) IMO the only thing more that sony could have done without adding stuff that would hamper current psp games is... a new look!

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes they moved the memory slot to the trim.

Some people think that the 19% thickness reduction isn't adequate, but when you actually take a look at it, it does seem like quite a bit.

cdr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The overall reduction is huge and people won't know until they see a side by side comparaison or even better hold it in their hands. At least now we can shove it easy in a pocket and forget about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo