Nathan's News Flash: July 29th - August 1st

gbatemp_news_flash_2_s-png.22470.png

Final Fantasy VII Remake, The Heroic Legend of Arslan, PS+ changes, Dragon Quest XI, and more!

Welcome to another edition of Nathan's News Flash!

This time I'll be covering the evening of July 29th through the afternoon of today, August 1st. I come bearing changes to the format as well! On top of colored system tags to help you find the information relevant to your interests faster, I am including a featured news piece at the top of the feature. This will be the piece of news I find either the most interesting, the most controversial, or the most deserving of attention with each edition. This will be given something a touch closer to a full article format, including a picture or video, as well as an extended description.

As for the system tags, I'll include a key in the following spoiler:
The key for system labeling is as follows:
[Playstation] - [PS4], [PS3], and [Vita]
[Nintendo]
- [3DS], [Wii U], and [NX]
[Microsoft]
- [360] and [One]
[PC] [Other] -
This is for PC news and any news that may not be gaming related.
[Various Consoles] - Because 5+ system tags is too much

With all of that out of the way, let's dig into the featured article!

Featured Article

[PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake to Drastically Change Battle System

GJRGQoMm.jpg

Tetsuya Nomura has has confirmed that "dramatic changes" will be made to the battle system for the remake of Final Fantasy VII. Nomura says the game will still be recognizable as Final Fantasy VII, but how much so based on fan desire is unclear. He also mentioned drawing inspiration from Advent Children for the visuals, though he does point out that he won't be using the Advent Children models due to different technology and the movie being ten years old.

:arrow: Source

New Game Announcements

[PS3] [PS4] [One] Koei Tecmo Announces Localization For Arslan: The Warriors of Legend

Based on the hit story of The Heroic Legend of Arslan, a novel, manga, and anime, Arslan: The Warriors of Legend aims to blend Warriors gameplay with a great story for a memorable experience. This title is slated for an early 2016 release in the west. See the trailer and get more details at the source below.

:arrow: Read More
:arrow: Original Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox

[PC] [PS4] [One] RED ASH: The Indelible Legend Successfully Funded

Inafune's latest attempt at using the Kickstarter system to produce a game resembling the long dead Megaman Legends series was going pretty poorly. Were it left to backers, the project would have failed. Lucky for Inafune, FUZE Entertainment has backed the base development costs, confirming development for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

[Other] New PopoloCrois Game in Development

Someone who picked up a strategy guide for Return to PopoloCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale in Japan discovered an advertisement for the next game that is apparently already in development. I give this the other tag due to the fact that no platform for the next title was included. A friendly reminder that PopoloCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale is coming west later this year.

[PS4] [One] [PC] New cRPG, Demons Age, Coming Q1 2016

Bigmoon Entertainment recently announced that they will be bringing a new cRPG, Demons Age, to PS4, Xbox One, and PC in Q1 2016.

[PS4] [One] Team17 Announces Worms 4 and Worms WMD

Team17 has announced that they're bringing Worms 4 to mobile, and Worms WMD to PS4 and Xbox One. Worms 4 will have smaller, shorter matches suited to the mobile experience. Worms WMD will be coming in early 2016, and I'll include a preview impression below so that you can see what hands on experience has to say about it.

:arrow: Worms WMD Preview

[Other] Dead Or Alive: Xtreme 3 Announced

Team Ninja has announced that they have begun working on Dead Or Alive: Xtreme 3. Development only began recently, so there are no real details to report. It does not seem like Team Ninja currently plans to localize this title.

New Game Details

[3DS] Dragon Quest XI 3DS Will Not Display Modern and Classic View the Whole Time

In this week's issue of Jump magazine, it was confirmed that the Dragon Quest XI 3DS version will not display in both the modern and classic view the entire time. Although they will be shared throughout the beginning of the game, you will have to pick one or the other to use at a time throughout most of the game. You will be able to switch as often as you like.

[3DS] [PS4] More Dragon Quest XI Screenshots Revealed

Also in this week's issue of Weekly Jump magazine, Dragon Quest XI battle and field screenshots were shown. Both versions of the game were confirmed to have a traditional turn based battle system. Head over to the Siliconera source to see the page scan.

[3DS] New Monster Hunter X Trailer Shows Off New Combat

Capcom has released a new trailer for Monster Hunter X that shows off the flashier combat, styles, and the new monsters I mentioned in the piece from my previous News Flash. Check out the trailer linked below, and check out the source for more details.

:arrow: Trailer

[Vita] New Digimon World: Next Order Trailer Released

Although outside of Japan, we're still waiting on the Digimon game announced to be coming our way, in Japan, they're hyping up the next release. This trailer is a little light on details in general, but it does give a taste of what players may expect. Currently Digimon World: Next Order is set for a Japanese release in 2016.

:arrow: Trailer

[PC] New Trailer for Total War: Warhammer

Here is a first look trailer at the work in progress engine for the new Total War: Warhammer, featuring the chaotic and never ending conflict between man vs. mythical beast. This trailer, which was first unveiled to the press at Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, is now available for public digest and hopefully offers a sense of the diversity that this game has in comparison to the other games in this series.

:arrow: Source - GBAtemp Press Inbox
Thanks to @Ryukouki for the writeup

Release Date Announcements

[PS4] The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition PS4 Release Date Announced

Devolver Digital announced that The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition will be coming to PS4 on October 13th. This great puzzle game will be coming with the original game as well as the new expansion, Road to Gehenna. There will also be a special boxed release in the Americas.

[3DS] Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson Coming to Europe August 27th

Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson has received a release date for Europe for a physical and digital release. A new trailer, viewable at the source, was released to celebrate the occasion. A specific US release date has not been announced yet, but that will also release physically and digitally.

[PS4] [One] Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse Coming to Consoles September 4th

Revolution Software has announced that Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse will be coming to PS4 and Xbox One on September 4th for €29.99 / $29.99. A digital release will be available worldwide, but they mention that Europe and Australia will have a physical edition available including a prelude comic.

[PC] Fairy Fencer F Coming to Steam on August 4th

Originally released on the PS3, Fairy Fencer F is being brought to Steam on August 4th. Enhanced with 1080p, this is sure to be the best looking version of the game.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox

[PS3] [PS4] Harmonix Delays Amplitude to Early 2016

The Kickstarter backed Harmonix game, Amplitude, among an announcement of many great updates, was given a delay. The game will now be coming in late December for early access backers on PS4, with PS3 following shortly afterward. There is an early 2016 release for everyone else.

[Various Consoles] RUMOR: Mighty No. 9 Delayed to 2016

Game Informer reports that Mighty No. 9 may have been delayed to 2016. Deep Silver chose not to comment when contacted, and Comcept completely ignored Game Informer's request for confirmation.

[PS4] Defenders of Ekron Heading to PS4 Holiday 2015

Defenders of Ekron is a mix of adventure and classic shoot-'em-up mechanics. See the trailer and get more details on story at the PS Blog link below.

Other

[3DS] Monster Hunter X Special Edition N3DS XL Announced for Japan

Capcom has announced a limited edition Monster Hunter X N3DS XL special bundle for Japan. The system features a primarily red design with the game logo prominently displayed, and the four main monsters in the background. The game and system are slated to release in Japan on November 28th.

:arrow: Source: Siliconera - See the system

[One] Rare Replay Could Add More Games as DLC

During a Twitch livestream, Rare's lead engineer said that picking the 30 games for the release wasn't easy, and that more games could be added as post-launch DLC. Rare Replay will launch on August 4th for $30, a mere $1 per game, exclusively on the Xbox One.

[PS4] Rocket League Free Update and Supersonic Fury DLC Announced

Coming this August, a DLC update including new cars and new customization options was announced at the small price of $3.99. There is also a free update coming including a new stage, new flags, and the desired Spectator Mode. They will also include things like improved explosions and a new song in the free update.

[Other] Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki Heading To Bluray

If you like Miyazaki's animated films as much as I do, you may be interested to know that a great looking collection of Miyazaki's work is coming to a beautiful bluray collection. Coming exclusively to Amazon on November 17th, this great looking collection shouldn't be missed by any fans. Check out the source to get a look at everything you can get.

[PSP] [Vita] Summon Night 5 Physical Edition Coming, Includes Soundtrack

If you're familiar with the Summon Night series, you know they don't tend to leave Japan, ever. Gaijinworks has made localizing Summon Night 5 a reality though, and after a survey, they have confirmed a physical release is coming that includes the game UMD, soundtrack CD, and a poster. Pre-orders begin next week for $41.99 with $5 S&H with a planned Fall release.

:arrow: Source: Gaijinworks Website

[PS4] [PS3] [Vita] Playstation Plus Vote to Play Coming

Sony has announced that they are going to start a "vote to play" system for their Playstation Plus program. They will offer up a few games to vote on each month, and the one that receives the most votes will be added to the month's instant game collection. At least in the first promotion, the runner ups will be offered at a discount for Playstation Plus members.

[Other] Scribble Art Studios Release Jak 4 Concept Art

You may remember Jak and Daxter as a highly noteworthy series from the PS2 library that was later remastered in HD for the PS3 (and poorly ported to Vita). Scribble Art Studios, who work on concept art for several major studios, released some Jak 4 concept art from the title that will apparently never be made. Check them out at the link below.

:arrow: Concept Art
:arrow: Scribble Pad Studios Art Station Account

[Wii U] [PS4] [One] [PC] Team17 to publish Yooka-Laylee, retail release in discussion

Yooka-Laylee will be officially distributed by UK based publisher, Team17. There are also possible plans for a retail release but this is yet to be confirmed.

Thanks to @shaunj66 for the writeup

[3DS] [Wii U] Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Content Patch - Costumes, Stages, Tournament Mode

Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U fans were in for a treat July 31st with the arrival of a new content patch that gave tournament modes, new costumes for Mii Fighters, N64 stages, and the ability to save and post replays to YouTube. Some of this content is free, and others are paid.

:arrow: Source - Nintendo Everything
Thanks to @Ryukouki for the writeup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That concludes this edition of Nathan's News Flash! I hope you enjoyed it, and that you'll join me again August 5th for the next edition. It's worth noting that on August 5th, Gamescom will be starting. I don't know how that may affect the August 8th edition of this piece, but I'll update everybody once I know more.

Like last time, I encourage you all to leave feedback that will be reviewed both by me and the GBAtemp staff. It's through your feedback that I can continue to improve this piece.

Reactions: T-hug and Ryukouki

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That Digimon World Next 0rder Trailer got me all wet (Order is spelled with a zero in this title Source: Youtube Video title of the trailer). Digimon is getting a second boom. Unless Bamco somehow screws it up somehow.

I'd love to have Retail box for Yooka. I don't know if new Rare plans of reviving Banjo so having this alternative would be nice.

The only flaw on Vote to Play is that it's PS4 only currently. I want to vote for Vita and PS3 games too, Sony.

Rare Replay is already a steal. More content as DLC would be awesome.

Some Speculate MN9 delay is caused by Red Ash. If it is the case then Inafune will probably never see a funded kickstarter again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night