Status
Not open for further replies.

xvishon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, why must people always choose to be mistrustful?
Because not one person who has made a claim to either have the game or any information about it has given us no actual proof
I think its stupid that people believe in god (of whichever sort ) or even unsubstantiated scientific clams, or what they see on TV with out proof but they do?
It just shows that people will believe what they want proof or not. Somtimes that is a good thing somtimes its a bad thing. Im a Magician so it works for me. I just don't like people being automatically mistrustful. particularly when there basis for mistrust is for people they likely want to do something that is not legal that could put there career at risk I can fully understand there reluctance to Prove to you or anyone for that matter somthing on a public forum that would connect them to that activity. Seems a little unreasonable to ask some one that would put them in the position that basically says "hear I am fine and/or arrest me!". :)

(Said with no malice)

Andrew_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, anyone who may have the game if anyone asks you what is contained in the update partition you can also use WUFE (Wii Update File Extractor) to extract just the update partition, if you don't want to dump the whole thing and go into the ISO =)

And I guess we will find out which people had it prior it when we get our hands on it and look at the file size of the game ourselves =D

Finally, some or possibly all of the CD track names are on the internet somewhere I think it was 1Up, they accidentally showed the booklet in their unboxing video and people have studied the footage and got some info on the music ;)

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, here's a tidbit I can give that's a GBATemp exclusive, though some of you may not find it as interesting as I do. So, you know how most Nintendo games come with a little pamphlet saying, "If you like this game, check these games out" ? The one with Zelda: SS has an entire page dedicated to WiiWare games. I'd never seen that before and thought, boy, why'd Nintendo wait so long to push its frigging online offerings that way? Maybe the new Kirby Wii game had such an insert, as well; I haven't gotten it yet.

xvishon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, anyone who may have the game if anyone asks you what is contained in the update partition you can also use WUFE (Wii Update File Extractor) to extract just the update partition, if you don't want to dump the whole thing and go into the ISO =)

And I guess we will find out which people had it prior it when we get our hands on it and look at the file size of the game ourselves =D
Absolutely - I agree.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
All right guys, let's chill for awhile. This always happens whenever a filename gets mentioned. Let's just chill, have a level head, and wait. If it's real, awesome. If not, oh well. We'll have it soon enough.
We'll have it means you didnt have it before. Knew you were trolling, but I gave you the BOD before. Shame. Also, 3.93 GB is still a huge game. As mentioned, dual layer games either have multiple games i.e Metroid Prime Trilogy, or multi lang. with a lot of voice acting or a lot of FMVs. Who will be the first to confirm the game is out there in the wild.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.93 GB. The NDA is so thick, they won't even let me post the track names on the symphonic CD that comes with the game.

EDIT: Sorry, not gonna post photos or other stuff about it. I'd rather not ruffle the wrong feathers, as I'd imagine Nintendo lurks on here, but I'm a fan of GBATemp, particularly since its efforts have enabled legitimate users to play games like Xenoblade Chronicles in other territories. No reason not to post tiny bits of info while y'all wait for the inevitable downstream of data from someone.

I'm so behind on the homebrew scene, I can't even figure out how to dump the game onto a USB drive--keep getting USB drive error messages on the GX channel--though I kinda wish I did, at least to see how the load times would be reduced. The drive definitely chugs when loading things like the flying segments.

I would imagine posting a pic of the cover or even the disc would be within the bounds of the NDA since pretty much every review site with the game has posted similar pictures.

If you don't want to post pics but want to help us out - how about you rip the iso without compressing it and make an SHA1 hash of it? That way we'll know if any other image that pops up in the future is legit.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
Because people tend to lie when they can hide behind the anonymity of the internet. Sometimes it's just to get extra attention (that they presumably don't get in their offline lives), but usually it's just to rile people up.
This.

P.S. if someone actually has a real copy, all they need to post it online is a 3rd party. Like a friend, or a trusted internet buddy. No chain back to the original copy. Thus no legal actions. No risk. Worse thing that would happen is you would be asked to take it down. Oh no!, scary words.

I ran nds-roms.com for years. I got threatening letters all the time. As long as you are not a dumbass, you will probably be fine.

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right guys, let's chill for awhile. This always happens whenever a filename gets mentioned. Let's just chill, have a level head, and wait. If it's real, awesome. If not, oh well. We'll have it soon enough.
We'll have it means you didnt have it before. Knew you were trolling, but I gave you the BOD before. Shame. Also, 3.93 GB is still a huge game. As mentioned, dual layer games either have multiple games i.e Metroid Prime Trilogy, or multi lang. with a lot of voice acting or a lot of FMVs. Who will be the first to confirm the game is out there in the wild.
Take a little time to read through the rest of the thread before hopping on someone. There's a reason. Keepin' it civil, you should too.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Because people tend to lie when they can hide behind the anonymity of the internet. Sometimes it's just to get extra attention (that they presumably don't get in their offline lives), but usually it's just to rile people up.

This.

P.S. if someone actually has a real copy, all they need to post it online is a 3rd party. Like a friend, or a trusted internet buddy. No chain back to the original copy. Thus no legal actions. No risk.

This, but no one will do it. They are only holding out to make us wait and or they are afraid.

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Impizkit: Nothing in Porkmaster's post implied he doesn't have it. Everyone requested that he not imply he had it without evidence, and that is exactly what he is doing. It is true "we" will have it when it leaks, nothing about that says he does or does not already.

@Samred: I understand. For a reviewer, not wanting to be affiliated with a site that Nintendo almost certainly views as bing simply piracy oriented makes sense. However without evidence, I have to request that you make no further implications that you have access to the game (as stated in the rules in the first post).

Also, good idea to use WUFE, I had completely forgot about it. Samred, if you would be willing to use WUFE to check out the update partition, it would supply everyone here with some much needed information.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This.

P.S. if someone actually has a real copy, all they need to post it online is a 3rd party. Like a friend, or a trusted internet buddy. No chain back to the original copy. Thus no legal actions. No risk.

This, but no one will do it. They are only holding out to make us wait and or they are afraid.
Or none of them have it. IMO the most likely

Ressficent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take a little time to read through the rest of the thread before hopping on someone. There's a reason. Keepin' it civil, you should too.
It has nothing to do with being civil, really. You just keep making slips showing that you were lying before. I am disappoint.

xvishon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This.

Right no risk to the person. Just there close friends or someone they know. Thats nice. Everyone just makes it sound so easy. Would I like to play early sure. But I understand the position such a choice puts someone in. I've had early copies of things and the such and decide against posting it for the world. Most people aren't even that grateful to who puts there neck on the line for there impatient need for entertainment. Im sure some are but most dont care where it comes from just that they get it. So its unfair if you fall into that category which most do... to look down on someone for saying somthing that they have no real need to prove.

aufgreifen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Samred: I understand. For a reviewer, not wanting to be affiliated with a site that Nintendo almost certainly views as bing simply piracy oriented makes sense.
Still there shouldn't be any posts like this around here. Because it only leads to the same path like in the former thread. As of now, it could very well be just made up, or am I wrong?
I mean, I could also go and post the ISO is 7.98 GB big... without proof that I actually have the game, this information is useless AND it there's nothing to differentiate it from the usual trolling.

Ressficent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be "disappoint" all you want, I'm just following the rules! ;)

Pretty sure that's not in the rules anyway, it was just something people asked you to do in an attempt to circumvent your trolling. Unfortunately, you found a way to troll anyway. Congratulations, I guess.

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@augfreifen: I agree, that's why I edited that post to request that he make no further implications that he has access to the game without evidence.

@Ressficent: It is in the first post rules, which I would request you read if you have not done so.

aufgreifen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@augfreifen: I agree, that's why I edited that post to request that he make no further implications that he has access to the game without evidence.
Ah, okay, nvm then :) (why is it that I am always being ninja'ed? I definitely need to type faster!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1