Not open for further replies.

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
800px-The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Skyward_Sword_logo.png

Ok, we need a new Skyward Sword Hype Thread. Lets try to not get this one locked/deleted.

RULES:
- Don't post (or imply) that you have it or are imminently getting it without proof.
- Even if somebody does, don't be mean to them.
- In general, be friendly.
- Don't post smut (seriously).
- If you find a torrent, post the filename and hash. I will try to keep a list on this post.
- Put spoilers in spoiler tags (some of us don't want EVERYTHING spoiled before we play it).
- Don't post links to any torrents or download sites, or even mention one by name.
- Stay on topic.
- Follow all of the GBAtemp rules (should go without saying).
- Have fun.

Torrent List:

DIEforKARMAsWING

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can dig this.
Thoughts on the art style?
I think it's quite perfect. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the Enemy design. A little too cartoony for me. But otherwise great.

Andrew_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really looking forward to the sword battles with Ghirahim, they just look really cool to me =)

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the cartoony style is great. The art style in WW was one of my favorite things about it, and I love the more mature re-imagining of it that we see it SS. It is vaguely Okami meets WW meets TP. It's fantastic.
I'm in general looking forward to the sword fighting. I have been waiting for 1-to-1 sword battles since the Wii was first announced, and now we are seeing that dream come true, in a Zelda game no less.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GOTY?! A few months back I'd have said it was a distant second to Skyrim as my 'most eagerly awaited', but the closer we get/more info...vids...etc we see and it's now right up there with it! The biggest problem I have is these 2 'best game evers' are coming out a week apart... s'pose whichever gets my attention will probably end up being my game of the year.... Edge magazing rates this a 10/10? That'll do me just nicely - roll on the 18th (hopefully earlier - I've preordered! :D)

Davester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
honnestly i think the art style fits the system perfectly. From what i've seen the game looks beautifull in its own uniuqe way i am also looking forwar to the 1 to 1 sword fighting. My wii has been sitting untouched for months but its gonna get some serious usage once this game is released.

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now there is an interesting question, who is more psyched for this than for Skyrim even though Skyrim is only like a week off?

Andrew_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm more psyched for this than Skyrim =) I'm not really hyped about it at all, never really liked Oblivion and Morrowind, no idea why I would have thought they were my kinda thing but whatever =P

I'm going to try and pin things to walls like in one of the early trailers, not sure why.... =P

Davester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this definately as link to the past is one of the first games i really enjoyed playing, was only 6 or 7 at the time and when ocarina of time came out i almost collapsed from hypoglycima for playing it too long without eating (i'm diabetic)

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pin things to the walls? What trailer was that?
Speaking of trailers, has anybody else seen the new gameplay feeds by Digital Chumps? The flying one looked awesome.

Andrew_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Think it was the very first one, link pins a heart to a fence post with an arrow =P Yeah I saw those direct feeds, definitely awesome =D

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tagg7: One of the Nintendo guys (may have been Miyamoto san) said that it is 50-100 hours. I've heard though that if you were just playing straight through without doing side-quests it would be much closer to the 50.
@Andrew_DS: Oh ya, I remember that. It's one of those subtle things that you just wouldn't expect from a Zelda game. In past Zelda games hearts are just sprite, not real 3D objects with any sort of interactions. Things like that and the whole bombs blowing up if you are on fire thing are going to add a lot of depth to the game.

Edit:
Also, YAY we made it through the first page without this topic being locked or deleted.

Andrew_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha first milestone =D

Between 50 and 100 hours of gameplay! Awesome =D

And yeah, the extra interactivity makes the game better, it will go nicely with my new surround sound system =)

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, do you have a Dolby Pro Logic II setup? I've always wondered how well that actually works since it uses two channels as the source.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 legitimate questions.

1. Will the game come with a wiimote (plus built in)?

2. If it does not, where is the best place to buy one? (cheapest preferably)

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone else find it odd that this game is this hyped for a leak when there is absolutely no proof that anyone but reviewers have it? It is Zelda, yes, but still. Glad to see this thread may survive the release of the game or leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1