Homebrew RELEASE SKyNX V1.0 - Stream your PC games to your Nintendo Switch!

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, it's working great so far!
Just a feature suggestion: Auto change resolution to the desired resolution on streamer startup. So that when I open it, it would automatically change my resolution to 720p then go back to 1080p when I close it. =)

Reactions: Supreme23

DevL0rd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, it's working great so far!
Just a feature suggestion: Auto change resolution to the desired resolution on streamer startup. So that when I open it, it would automatically change my resolution to 720p then go back to 1080p when I close it. =)
Already did :) just make sure your normal resolution is set, launch the program, and it should work.

Reactions: Supreme23

SuperHans111

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks to everyones feed back, I was able to fix all the issues and add GPU encoding for those with Nvidia graphics cards.
Enjoy!

https://github.com/DevL0rd/SkyNX/releases/

Changes
  • Use Analog sticks and triggers to control mouse
  • Use gyro to control mouse like a Wii remote.
  • Built in Nvidia encoding for low latency.
  • Automatically sets desktop resolution for max performance. (Optional)
  • Limit stream to 30fps (Good for emulators like Cemu)
  • Added some tooltips
  • Added start on boot.
  • Added prompt to reboot after installing drivers.
  • Added donate button. You know, just in case you wanna by me a coffee ;)
  • Fixed resolution detect on scaled monitors.
  • Fixed audio volume.
Notes
This is only a update to the streamer app.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

maybe the latest version will fix it for you using the Nvidia encoder
I used an older version and it worked. I will try the latest version and report back.

DevL0rd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used an older version and it worked. I will try the latest version and report back.
Idk if I said this already, lots of comments lol, but if you got the app from the HB app store, at the time it wasn't updated, but now it is. try it now from there.
If it doesn't work then on the latest pm me and we can get on discord and work it out

Nikoru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant start the streamer app after the update I get this error

CemuHook Server ID: 643259185
Waiting for connection...
CemuHook: Listening at 0.0.0.0:26760
Connected to Switch! Using Nvidia Encoding
C:\Users\Nicholo\Desktop\SkyNXStreamer-win32-ia32\resources\app\NxStreamingService\node_modules\struct\index.js:355 throw new Err
or('Buffer size too small for struct layout !'); ^ Error: Buffer size too small for struct layout ! at Struct._setBuff.setBuffer (C:\Users\Nicholo\Desktop\SkyNXStreamer-win32-ia32\resources\app\NxStr
eamingService\node_modules\struct\index.js:355:19) at parseInputStruct (C:\Users\Nicholo\Desktop\SkyNXStreamer-win32
-ia32\resources\app\NxStreamingService\main.js:141:9) at Socket
.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Nicholo\Desktop\SkyNXStreamer-win32-ia32\resources\app\NxStreamingService\main.js:284:
13) at Socket.emit (events.js:182:13) at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:283:12) at readableAddChunk (
_stream_readable.js:264:11) at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:219:10) at TCP.onStreamRea
d [as onread] (internal/stream_base_commons.js:94:17)
streamerProcess process exited with code 1

MartianMSK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I cant start the streamer app after the update I get this error

CemuHook Server ID: 643259185
Waiting for connection...
CemuHook: Listening at 0.0.0.0:26760
Connected to Switch! Using Nvidia Encoding
C:\Users\Nicholo\Desktop\SkyNXStreamer-win32-ia32\resources\app\NxStreamingService\node_modules\struct\index.js:355 throw new Err
or('Buffer size too small for struct layout !'); ^ Error: Buffer size too small for struct layout ! at Struct._setBuff.setBuffer (C:\Users\Nicholo\Desktop\SkyNXStreamer-win32-ia32\resources\app\NxStr
eamingService\node_modules\struct\index.js:355:19) at parseInputStruct (C:\Users\Nicholo\Desktop\SkyNXStreamer-win32
-ia32\resources\app\NxStreamingService\main.js:141:9) at Socket
.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Nicholo\Desktop\SkyNXStreamer-win32-ia32\resources\app\NxStreamingService\main.js:284:
13) at Socket.emit (events.js:182:13) at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:283:12) at readableAddChunk (
_stream_readable.js:264:11) at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:219:10) at TCP.onStreamRea
d [as onread] (internal/stream_base_commons.js:94:17)
streamerProcess process exited with code 1

I have the same error. Searched for help 3 times already with no reply. I wish you luck.

Reactions: Nikoru

Nikoru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same error. Searched for help 3 times already with no reply. I wish you luck.
Already fixed it, it seems that I didn't notice the CEMU Motion Control update just reinstall the homebrew app on switch

I cant seem to reach 60fps still even though the app is saying: frame=14872 fps= 60 q=2.0 size= 605062kB time=00:04:07.83 bitrate=20000.0kbits/s dup=7271 drop=0 speed= 1x
size= 102kB time=00:00:01.62 bitrate= 512.0kbits/s speed=0.00658x
I am using 5ghz connection and only the switch is connected to it I even OC the CPU of the switch
The audio when docked is still distorted.

@DevL0rd Thanks for this wonderful app I've been using it to play Citra on my switch

Last edited by Nikoru,

MartianMSK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Already fixed it, it seems that I didn't notice the CEMU Motion Control update just reinstall the homebrew app on switch

I cant seem to reach 60fps still even though the app is saying: frame=14872 fps= 60 q=2.0 size= 605062kB time=00:04:07.83 bitrate=20000.0kbits/s dup=7271 drop=0 speed= 1x
size= 102kB time=00:00:01.62 bitrate= 512.0kbits/s speed=0.00658x
I still have the same problem. At 20mb the app says it's going at 60 when really it stutters like with a 1 second delay. If I go down with the Mbps it starts to go better (strangely enough).

DevL0rd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have the same problem. At 20mb the app says it's going at 60 when really it stutters like with a 1 second delay. If I go down with the Mbps it starts to go better (strangely enough).
The lower the better latency. It's not higher.

That's the encoding rate. I need to make that more obvious lol
Are you using cpu or nvidia encoder?

MartianMSK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The lower the better latency. It's not higher.

That's the encoding rate. I need to make that more obvious lol
Are you using cpu or nvidia encoder?
Cpu, with nvidia encoder I can't see anything (maybe cause I have a MX150?). I had the same problem I wrote before since ""day one"", it's unplayable sadly...

DevL0rd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the update DevL0rd. Audio is still distorted docked, but everything else perfect!
My next wave of updates will be more focused on the app issues like audio distortion on dock, and some other bug fixes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Cpu, with nvidia encoder I can't see anything (maybe cause I have a MX150?). I had the same problem I wrote before since ""day one"", it's unplayable sadly...
Send me a pm with your discord username if you have one, when i get on tommorrow we can look into it and see was going on

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    She said see ya later boy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    something something boomer and r/im14andthisisdeep "ThAt'S tHe UnFoRtUnAtE sTaTe Of OuR mOdErN sOcIeTy"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    except they'd criticize you for having a phone in the first place lmao
    In my day we used smoke signals and liked it!!!
    +1
    5G gives you covid!! Kills bees and lets the devil control your sperm!!! *Walks away frothing at the mouth*
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    back in my day we just talked in person to communicate, and used books for entertainment, now pull yourself up by the bootstraps and develop a sense of work ethic, ya darn whippersnappers!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: back in my day we just talked in person to communicate, and used books for entertainment, now...