Femboy Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
I just got my Sky3DS (blue button), and I already had a MicroSD card ready with 29 games on it.
I put the card into the Sky3DS and then into my 3DS, the first game appeared.
I was able to change games with the button, but after I go past the 10th game on the card, it continues changing games on it's own until I get to Game #1 again, they all appear fine, but it's kind of hard to play any of them when they keep changing. I haven't tried launching any of them yet because I was afraid I might break something or lose data by not closing the game properly.

How can I make my Sky3DS stop scrolling or prevent this from happening at all?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You got duped, it's a red button card PCB in a blue button shell. There's methods to avoid autoscrolling or using it to your advantage, browse around if you want to keep the cart or RMA it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I thought the red button PCB couldn't do more than 10 games at all and they were permanent.
That's not true, it merely saves the first 10 games used and then autoscrolls through others. To make games past the 10 games limit bootable I believe you have to convert them to EEPROM NO (SLC-NAND) and store them on an SD separate to the one with your first 10 games, which is simple enough. If your Sky3DS is autoscrolling, it's a red button PCB.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...limit-on-red-button-sky3ds-cartridges.375739/

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Usually it's the resellers that assemble and package the carts, but we can't automatically assume they did this on purpose, it could be a simple mistake since the PCB's are practically identical. Try returning the faulty cartridge first.

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Usually it's the resellers that assemble and package the carts, but we can't automatically assume they did this on purpose, it could be a simple mistake since the PCB's are practically identical. Try returning the faulty cartridge first.

I really don't want to return it because it took 10 days to get here...

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I really don't want to return it because it took 10 days to get here...
you can always send them a rant email asking for a real one (and you will send it back when you get it)
or you will rant every website on the internet :wink: :wink:

jk..
well, at least try to ask for a part of the money, like 10 bucks back.. its shoould be fair..

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
you can always send them a rant email asking for a real one (and you will send it back when you get it)
or you will rant every website on the internet :wink: :wink:

jk..
well, at least try to ask for a part of the money, like 10 bucks back.. its shoould be fair..

Just contacted PeachDS, and they said it's definitely not a red card because they've never carried it, and linked me to this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/sky3ds-skip-bug-blue-button-edition.376883/

Could this be caused by the fact that one of my games is JP region? It's game 24 though.

Reactions: migles

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
No. Do you have another microsd? If yes, try writing your games on it.

I can try and find my other 32GB card, kind of inconvenient because this is my good 32GB card.
Is it specifically the card causing it? If I reformatted this card could it fix it? Because this is a high quality SanDisk Ultra card, UHS-1/Class 10.
I'll try writing games onto one of my 16GB cards, and specifically cram more than 10 games on it to see.

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Try to write around 20 small games on 16gb card...but as others said above it's probably a 1st version red button sky3ds :(

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It may not be PeachDS' fault, maybe they got shitty stock. Backup your content, format the SD card with SD Formatter (Full OverWrite enabled), then format it with DiskWriter, put clean ROMs on and retry. If you're still skipping, try a different SD card. If the situation doesn't improve, sorry, the cart is either defective or mislabeled. I want to be optimistic here, but I've seen this before and I'm almost sure it's just a red button PCB in the wrong shell. As far as out of region games are concerned, Sky will ignore them or skip past them, but they won't show up on the Home Menu.

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have both blue and red carts, auto scroll with red cart is way better than the manual button switching on the blue.
Red Button carts are way better just for the fact they auto scroll, you're lucky to have one.
Simply watch it auto scroll until game pops up, hold red button for 5 secs then press A.

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
I have both blue and red carts, auto scroll with red cart is way better than the manual button switching on the blue.
Red Button carts are way better just for the fact they auto scroll, you're lucky to have one.
Simply watch it auto scroll until game pops up, hold red button for 5 secs then press A.

I did that, and I can launch a game, but there's not much point in playing the game because it doesn't keep my save file.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Alright, so I still have to reorder all my games so that the ones I want my existing saves for are in the first 9.
I don't think you even have to reorder anything, the SD has a record of game position on the SD as a part of its meta filesystem. You just have to keep the first 10 games you played separately from the rest of your ROMs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw