Homebrew Since Mario Maker 3ds doesn't have online sharing like the wii u...

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I understand correctly, mario maker 3ds doesn't support online downloads of levels and all we could do is just make our own levels?? That'd be so lame, for me as I am not creative; I'd want to download other people's levels :(
You can play and download courses that Wii U users uploaded, but you can't upload your own courses, or search specific courses like the Wii U version.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it was just because waaaaaaaay more people own a 3ds than a wiiu. It would probably overload the servers. This would support the inability to search by course id.
A level being unbeatable is a retarded reason to exclude one of the most important features the game had.
Y'know what I did when I came across an impossible/near impossible level? I skipped it. 15-30 whole seconds wasted. Nintendo just always has their heads up their asses and don't realize an important feature from a not important one.

it could also be that they'll release the feature when the game is actually launched in a patch...unless they explicitly said they wont support it. Haven't kept up with the title at all. Even by Nintendo standards it'd be an impressive level of stupidity for them to not include level sharing in a game about making and sharing levels.

Reactions: PF2M

hbound713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A level being unbeatable is a retarded reason to exclude one of the most important features the game had.
Y'know what I did when I came across an impossible/near impossible level? I skipped it. 15-30 whole seconds wasted. Nintendo just always has their heads up their asses and don't realize an important feature from a not important one.

it could also be that they'll release the feature when the game is actually launched in a patch...unless they explicitly said they wont support it. Haven't kept up with the title at all. Even by Nintendo standards it'd be an impressive level of stupidity for them to not include level sharing in a game about making and sharing levels.

surely if unbeatable levels were a possible issue that caused Nintendo to think twice about online sharing with 3ds designed levels
they could have gotten around that quite easily by having a report feature for impossible levels
or they could have somehow implemented a system that could detect if a level is unbeatable

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
surely if unbeatable levels were a possible issue that caused Nintendo to think twice about online sharing with 3ds designed levels
they could have gotten around that quite easily by having a report feature for impossible levels
or they could have somehow implemented a system that could detect if a level is unbeatable
It seems like a course completion bot would be an extremely challenging thing to write (and the serverside processing load would be hellish). Not to mention, it could easily false-flag some of the more complex levels as unbeatable when they're not.

The same false-flag issue could arise with the human-reporting feature as well.

Last edited by zoogie,

erman1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm theres service to decrypt ssl responses, looks like we would have to change the certificate inside the key chip if the game uses that service

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Making a patch to allow online level sharing would be great, but do we have the ability to make those kind of modifications? It would seem to be quite a significant change to the way the game works.

It might be more realistic to extract the levels from saves as has already been discussed. As long as they can be hosted somewhere, it should be fairly straightforward to write a tool which would extract/upload, and browse/download/inject.

Reactions: RCJayce

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making a patch to allow online level sharing would be great, but do we have the ability to make those kind of modifications? It would seem to be quite a significant change to the way the game works.

It might be more realistic to extract the levels from saves as has already been discussed. As long as they can be hosted somewhere, it should be fairly straightforward to write a tool which would extract/upload, and browse/download/inject.

We can make something like the 3DS Themes site, with a tool to download courses in the 3DS itself.

Reactions: jt_1258

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why this game doesn't run in Full Screen?! wtf Nintendo
Maybe preserving the aspect ratio of the wiiu version? Dunno for sure.

For those wondering what we're talking about, there's small horizontal black bars on the top and bottom. Doesn't seem too bad really.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe preserving the aspect ratio of the wiiu version? Dunno for sure.

For those wondering what we're talking about, there's small horizontal black bars on the top and bottom. Doesn't seem too bad really.

Yeah it's not a big deal, confusing at first but nothing too bad.. I wonder how it looks on a 3DS/N3DS (mine is an XL)

My cart should be arriving today or tomorrow. Can't wait :D

I can't describe you how so much fun I having with this game, I don't have a Wii U so this is my first time with Mario Maker! pre loaded courses are great, the editor is easy to understand (and hard to master) and overall it's a really good port.

I hope that it sells well, so we can have new updates with more stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI