Homebrew Official Simple signature check patcher

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Okay sorry but i'm a bit confused right now. So i started the sign patcher that returns to system menu and tried to run a game but still required a valid nnid to run. So with this you can just install titles but not to run them?

Last edited by Cava,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay sorry but i'm a bit confused right now. So i started the sign patcher that returns to system menu and tried to run a game but still required a valid nnid to run. So with this you can just install titles but not to run them?
Both the simple and iosuhax versions are working for me. I can run fake-signed titles with either version.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes every fake signed tickets was installed within redNAND.
If you're in redNAND, your fw.img should already have the patches that this patcher would provide. But if you reboot and run this instead of your fw.img loader, you'll be running off your sysNAND instead of redNAND.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If you're in redNAND, your fw.img should already have the patches that this patcher would provide. But if you reboot and run this instead of your fw.img loader, you'll be running off your sysNAND instead of redNAND.
I understand this but what i not it's why i can't run them from sysNAND with this patcher but @Greggen realized for me because that fake signed tickets was installed within redNAND and the tickets sits on redNAND even though games can visible in both nands but brazilian games can run from both nands so again... i don't get it.

EDIT: And yes that was the problem because i installed super mario galaxy 2 to usb within sysNAND and with this patcher now works.

Thanks @dimok for your work.

Last edited by Cava,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Are we close to a fully HBL app that doesn't rely on MiiMaker?
Haxchi is close enough for a full HBL app :ha:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will the newer version support vWii launching?

By "newer version" I mean the update that Dimok has released:

Hey everyone,

I've written something new. It's a full featured iosuhax cfw like thing with wupserver, /dev/iosuhax node, all the signature check patches and a full os reload which makes it a clean firmware again. The difference is, it does not require any fw.img on your SD card or else where. All the nice stuff is inside the ELF file and I can perfectly share it with everyone. The custom firmware is equal to the "make cfw" build on my iosuhax fork regarding the features. It even reloads itself like iosuhax when you enter settings and leave them again from memory (ELF file is only required on first launch). You are not loosing the patches or anything.

So here are some PoC builds that you guys can try out (and maybe report if you find something out of ordinary):
version with splash screen:
http://www99.zippyshare.com/v/Gr7qDsDA/file.html

version with splash for coldbooter:
http://www84.zippyshare.com/v/rWrDiPTf/file.html

and a small version without splash to show how small it can be (90% of the size is the splash screen):
http://www43.zippyshare.com/v/Q0pDbp60/file.html

I will also make a redNAND version later but its not done yet.

I am thinking of giving this thing a new name as it is not very alike to iosuhax as it was before. It is quite different. Though parts of iosuhax are also big part of it, like the wupserver. So I think it should be a name that reminds one of iosuhax or parts of it. We though of many funny names with @dibas, @Maschell, @Cyan and @pwsincd (like iosuramhax, yail (yet another iosuhax loader) or even NaCl) but nothing that we all agreed on. If you think of something nice, let me know.

Sources and stuff will come later. I need to clean it up a bit more and make it more dev friendly :P.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
This is usefull to load a sigpatched CFW without fw.img but can I load it without SD card at all?
I mean, can I load this homebrew directly from the homemenu (like haxchi) and use my Wii U without any SD card?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
This is usefull to load a sigpatched CFW without fw.img but can I load it without SD card at all?
I mean, can I load this homebrew directly from the homemenu (like haxchi) and use my Wii U without any SD card?
Obviously not. Haxchi has to load the homebrew from the SD card to work IMO.

Also, vWii does not work with this thing. It just gave me a black screen, and holding down the POWER button did not help either so I had to cut off the power to my Wii U.

balteck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Also, vWii does not work with this thing. It just gave me a black screen, and holding down the POWER button did not help either so I had to cut off the power to my Wii U.
Have you tried the last version?

Inviato dal mio HTC One M9 utilizzando Tapatalk

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, the latest. When I was talking about vWii crashing I was talking about the latest version. Haven't even tried the older version yet.
This version ?
Ah yes. Sorry I forgot about the vWii mode completely. It was quite simple to fix. Here are all the binaries from before with the vWii mode fixed:
http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/c8zdQFgw/file.html

That is actually not that easy as the boot0/boot1 chain only boots signed code. If we modify the code the signature check will fail. For now the only option is to use the contenthax exploits.

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand this but what i not it's why i can't run them from sysNAND with this patcher but @Greggen realized for me because that fake signed tickets was installed within redNAND and the tickets sits on redNAND even though games can visible in both nands but brazilian games can run from both nands so again... i don't get it.

EDIT: And yes that was the problem because i installed super mario galaxy 2 to usb within sysNAND and with this patcher now works.

Thanks @dimok for your work.

so you did all this in sysnand without haxchi?
do u need to run sig patch before playinbg the game installed in usb or is it patched permenantly?

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
so you did all this in sysnand without haxchi?
do u need to run sig patch before playinbg the game installed in usb or is it patched permenantly?
No i did this to launching HBL from internet browser with a self hosted android server thanks to @Kafluke and yes you need to run this sign patcher to run the games.

Last edited by Cava,

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i did this to launching HBL from internet browser with a self hosted android server thanks to @Kafluke and yes you need to run this sign patcher to run the games.
ok so games installed in sysnad with this still need to run this before playing the games always?
sorry that is what i meant...
also have u tried installing homebrew launcher with this?

Last edited by Don Jon,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

vwii works perfectly for me with the latest version are you sure you have the latest??

dimok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dimok Do you intend to update both, the signpatcher and "the new thing"? For the new thing, I'd call it IOSUHax lite.
If you mean like support both variants with new features/fixes, then I guess yes.

No real reason to keep the signpatcher updated as the new thing does everything signpatcher does plus a lot more
Actually it might make sense. The simple signature patcher is usually enough for most people and is way faster in loading it up. You also don't loose the PPC exploit because no os reload is done thus you still have HBL in Mii Maker. Some people might prefer that.

@dimok for this new thing, if we go into settings and out, will it reboot to patched sysnand or regular sysnand?

Also, are the patches permanant?

Yes it does reload itself on full os relaunch (which is triggered by settings on exit) like the iosuhax fw.img. Except it does not load any fw.img from SD card but has all the patches ready in ram and patches the original fw.img from NAND as needed.

Thank you very much for your work!

May I suggest that the first post is updated? :)

Apparently it will start to get harder and harder to get the correct binary soon enough =]]
Well this application is something different from the simple signature patcher. That is why I was/am looking for a new name for it. I just posted it in this thread to let some people try it. It was just a PoC build.

Regarding the name I saw you all posted many names already. Thanks for that! I didn't go through all posts yet, just some tags I got. I will have to do this later as I didn't have the time for it today. Though I saw SIOUX in some of the posts as in the indian tribe name. I like it, it's not bad. I will have to look up what it stand for as I didnt find it at first sight (system or simple iosuhax?. Though its not system fw.img only and can also be redNAND.) I was expecting something with the word RAM to be more often as it was the first thing named on IRC by some people. Someone on IRC even suggested Ramenhax haha... Though before I deciding on the name I will have to go through the other name suggestions too first. Maybe there is something better in there ;).

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I read this whole thread and can't really understand much. Can I ask two small questions?

1) Do I install haxchi and then use this to launch to get syspatched?
2) Do I need/recommended to get Rednand for this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum