dimok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Simple signature check patcher

Hey guys,

since most of the people only use iosuhax for the signature patches, I am actually quite surprised that there still was no such application as this one out there yet.

This application is a simple IOSU signature/hash/region and other checks patcher. It gives you the same ability as a custom firmware with signature patches except it does not require a custom fw.img on your SD card or anything else. This makes it perfectly shareable in contrary to a full fw.img.

What you can do if you use it is install custom channels like the HBL channel and launch those channels that would normally fail because of some signature checks. Additional to that this does not require to make a full OS relaunch with a fw.img and therefore it loads much faster then the full custom fw.img. The version that just goes back to HBL is actually very fast.

What you don't get with this compared to a full custom fw.img is a wupserver or libiosuhax /dev node. You can't use wupclient or ftpiiu everywhere with this. It could probably be extended in the future, especially the /dev node part is quite easy to add/modify, but for now it is a simple signature check patcher.

The following signature checks are all patched out by this (which is equivalent to a custom fw.img):
  • cert verification
  • cached cert check
  • MCP authentication check
  • public key verification check
  • bootLogoTex and bootMovie.h264 check
  • region title launch check

Here is a compiled version that will return to system menu (not os full relaunch) and one that returns to HBL directly after all patches are installed:
https://github.com/dimok789/sign_patcher/releases/tag/v0.1

Because this does not execute a full relaunch you don't loose HBL in Mii Maker channel and you can still continue to use it. Also if you enter the settings and exit, the installer and all the iosu patches are gone and you are back in the original fw.img with no patches. The downside is that ios usb is quite messed up by the iosu exploit and might have some sideeffects without the full os relaunch, though I did not see any of those during my tests. I could install HBL to USB and run it just fine.

The sources can be found here:
https://github.com/dimok789/sign_patcher.git

This is just a quick hack together of some available stuff in some other form and is meant for fast launching without a fw.img. Its not very clean and nice but it was quite usefull to me during some tests and I though it would be usefull to others as well, so here it is.

Last edited by dimok,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is nice but I like to use ftpiiu_everywhere often so is there anyway to get a standalone version of that? Or am I better off just sticking with the fw.img?

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we can use this, install HBL 2.0 channel via WUP installer, and profit on sysnand... But it doesn't survive a reboot....

So haxchi > this > HBL RPX 2.0 etc ...
I just tried this and HBL 2.1 just black screens. Can anyone else confirm?
Tried with cfw and it opens fine.

Last edited by Nikolay,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1