Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Remember everyone, Hedgeberg is trying to create a process in which can dump the ARM9 bootrom perfectly, something in which Derrick was not able to do so well and only was able to dump part of it (but was able to dump ARM11 bootrom perfectly though).

This process can take further amount of months, so it's still a long way off before he'll be able to successfully dump the bootrom and then provide the software to do it. He'll make the source code public after it's dumped and when he knows it's stable enough and all sorted out.
Or you know, install a CFW that blocks those popups (I believe luma does this)
Corbenik blocks those update pop-ups. It just needs to be selected during customisation screen. Luma3DS only blocks update notifications on 7.0 and later

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,
D

Deleted User

TxbfQsy.png

two sides.... of the same coin.......

basically: the stream is still going, y'all should come join for the antics alone.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again THAT'S why emunand is useful my emunand is 11.4 but sysnand is 11.2 good to stop those pesky update popups
So waste a Gig or two of space on your SD card for EmuNAND just to block the update nag? Or install A9LH and Luma3DS, save a Gig or two of space on your SD card and stop the update nag PLUS much much more? Hmmm. :unsure:

[Inserts foot into mouth]

Wait, Luma3DS doesn't stop the nag? Hmm, like @Dionicio3 I've never gotten the nag with Luma3DS v6.6+. It could also be I just didn't notice.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,
Reactions: Pyra and Starzcream

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So waste a Gig or two of space on your SD card for EmuNAND just to block the update nag? Or install A9LH and Luma3DS, save a Gig or two of space on your SD card and stop the update nag PLUS much much more? Hmmm. :unsure:

[Inserts foot into mouth]

Wait, Luma3DS doesn't stop the nag? Hmm, like @Dionicio3 I've never gotten the nag with Luma3DS v6.6+. It could also be I just didn't notice.
I read somewhere 7+ stops it, but I haven't really paid attention to it. I haven't bothered to delete the pending titles to test it out. Don't use those systems often enough.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere 7+ stops it, but I haven't really paid attention to it. I haven't bothered to delete the pending titles to test it out. Don't use those systems often enough.
It very well could be I just never noticed. I also don't use the browser or the eShop much either and I believe that's when you'd get the update nag. After thinking about it too, I'm usually always on the latest firmware(I normally give it a week before I update) so I wouldn't get nagged to update anyway. I still think a Gig or two is a lot to sacrifice just to stop the update nag but to each their own.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by Quantumcat,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
>Might release sighax installer
>Doesn't release BootROM
:^)
Ftr, he never really said he wouldn't release bootrom or the sighax signature. Given the group he's in, it's just unlikely given their history.
However, I never thought smea would release a k11 hax so there's always a little hope I guess.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ftr, he never really said he wouldn't release bootrom or the sighax signature. Given the group he's in, it's just unlikely given their history.
However, I never thought smea would release a k11 hax so there's always a little hope I guess.
Tis a joke, my child.

Reactions: zoogie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I've been fighting with Windows 10's laughably awful Bluetooth bs trying to connect my Switch...