Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Any progress is good progress! I hope they end up leaking the bootrom or someone is able to replicate their results. I am actually slightly shocked it's taking so long. Not complaining, I just remember A9LH was like 3 days after the first announcement.
Yeah, I'm sure the bootrom will eventually be dumped.

Also, let's not forget that SigHax requires a lot of time and effort into trying to glitch the bootrom, in order to do so, the timing of glitching needs to be just about right. A lot of research has to be done into looking to how the SoC runs and how it can be altered somehow to glitch it so it runs a different code. The longest part probably will be doing the bruteforcing of the bootrom keys for their RSA signatures, which that would possibly take up to a 5 days or a week at the most.
I caught it toward the end.
When I first came to the stream today, I was surprised that it was live. I honestly thought I was going to miss the stream, but it seems like I entered it around 3/4 of the time before the stream ended.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm sure the bootrom will eventually be dumped.

Also, let's not forget that SigHax requires a lot of time and effort into trying to glitch the bootrom, in order to do so, the timing of glitching needs to be just about right. A lot of research has to be done into looking to how the SoC runs and how it can be altered somehow to glitch it so it runs a different code. The longest part probably will be doing the bruteforcing of the bootrom keys for their RSA signatures, which that would possibly take up to a 5 days or a week at the most.

When I first came to the stream today, I was surprised that it was live. I honestly thought I was going to miss the stream, but it seems like I entered it around 3/4 of the time before the stream ended.
I saw you on there when I started watching.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
They keep referencing derrrek in that chat but I don't see his name, is he going by another nick?
nvm, it's kernxploit

Last edited by zoogie,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'll be suprised & happy for Nintendo if and when a9lh gets patched for the New 2DS XL. Not good for hackers obviously, but I would be happy for Nintendo. xD
It would be extremely unlikely though. Nintendo isn't known for thinking ahead and more known for thinking cheap. It would cost more money to add new hardware than it would to just change one chip. The one chip is whatever part is used to tell the OFW "This is a new2DS and not a new3DS, don't softlock!"

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I honestly think the N2DS is just going to be a re-packaged N3DS with 3D disabled.
I keep saying it, but Nintendo is cheap. They already have the boards for the new3DS, they aren't going to make a new board for it. Nintendo most likely changed a few chips so the system knows to not do the 3D check and that's about it.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't think of anyone who would want one by this time in the 3ds's lifetime.

Now you know one person who wants a 3DSXL without the 3D. I've never liked the 3D (it makes me sick (car sick) in about 5 minutes). No game requires 3D and every game looks beautiful in 2D. The only time I enabled 3D was in one level of Super Mario 3D Land, where I didn't want to wait for the floating platforms to move all the way to see which was on top.

N2DSXL is exactly what I want.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I keep saying it, but Nintendo is cheap. They already have the boards for the new3DS, they aren't going to make a new board for it. Nintendo most likely changed a few chips so the system knows to not do the 3D check and that's about it.

This guy, or gal, gets it!!! Ninty is the cheapest console company and has demonstrated this year after year.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This guy, or gal, gets it!!! Ninty is the cheapest console company and has demonstrated this year after year.
Tis a girl mein friend.
Still, I am just applying the same logic they did with the 2DS. Just keep using the hardware they have and calling it a day.

Reactions: OrGoN3

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can't think of anyone who would want one by this time in the 3ds's lifetime.
1. Collectors
2. People like OrGoN3 here. The 2DS itself - at least in my opinion doesn't look very aesthetically appealing but the N2DS does and can play N3DS games like Xenoblade

Easy way to get rid of the last of your N3DS stock, just market it as something new.

Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Collectors
2. People like OrGoN3 here. The 2DS itself - at least in my opinion doesn't look very aesthetically appealing but the N2DS does and can play N3DS games like Xenoblade

Easy way to get rid of the last of your N3DS stock, just market it as something new.

LOL! Thanks. I guess I'm the only one who wanted this. Now, let me rephrase: I would've preferred a N2DSXL that has the same body and layout as my current N3DSXL. Moving speakers, buttons, etc, I'm not a fan.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tis a girl mein friend.
Still, I am just applying the same logic they did with the 2DS. Just keep using the hardware they have and calling it a day.

I figured due to your avatar, but didn't want to assume! ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, you act like if you were about 10