Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once the bootrom itself gets to the right person,a non infringing tool can probably be made that doesn't need it.

that's the most likely goal.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it'll get released, I don't think hedge will be the one to do it. Hedge said she'd try to give us an "easy" way to get it ourselves. Not sure what that means exactly.

I hear someone involved in the scene has a tendency to release whatever they get their hands on...
perhaps they will release a tool that trigers at the proper time once they know what that time is? that's the most I can think of but I feel like I'm missing something :/

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully there will be an exploit sooner or later 11.4+ (unless some asshat sells their soul to nintendo to patch that exploit) so we can inject whats needed for sighax for those n00bs who upgraded past 11.3

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
hopefully there will be an exploit sooner or later 11.4+ (unless some asshat sells their soul to nintendo to patch that exploit) so we can inject whats needed for sighax for those n00bs who upgraded past 11.3

If you upgraded to 11.4 out of spite people said not to, it's your fault

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, the DSi Common key is still floating around. But wouldn't that be an almost impossible fight for them to win? Because by the time the legal battle is over, plenty of people will have it and it would be distributed even more.
I understand what you are saying, but I'm kinda confused. What specifically don't you know about? Just to get things a bit clearer.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.. stability?
That was one of them. ;)
  • Added chainloader selector menu (can be called with START on boot, the START payload can now be booted with L+START).
  • Implemented IPS patcher for code.bin, you need to copy the IPS patch to /luma/titles/<titleID>/code.ips.
  • Added a LayeredFS implementation thanks to @delebile's hard work. Compatibility should be really good as only two games have been reported as being not working out of all the reports (due to the unusual way they were compiled). To use it, you will need to copy romfs files (following the romfs folder structure) to /luma/titles/<titleID>/romfs/. Coupled with IPS code patching, this allows for easy legal distribution of game translations/hacks.
  • Added unverified New3DS SigHax support (it should work fine, though).
  • Added support for the power button in menus (thanks @d0k3).
  • Added possibility to patch NAND apps (like the eShop).
  • Download Play is now region free (thanks @adibsurani).
  • Signature checks are patched out for 1.x/2.x NATIVE_FIRM and SAFE_FIRMs (thanks @SciresM).
  • PIN changes: PIN is now hidden while being entered, added possibility to clear the inserted PIN by pressing SELECT.
  • Stubbed the SetGpuProt syscall on 11.3+ to make *hax payloads work on Old3DS.
  • Fixed firmlaunch/reboot patch on New3DS 11.4.
  • Fixed config not being saved if a payload was launched after quitting the config menu.
  • Refactored the codebase to limit nested if/elses.
  • Several other improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments and bug fixes have been made to enhance the user experience.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,
Reactions: proflayton123

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to all intrested, he's live on twitch, I'll try and poke a notification for ya all when I see him online
stream has ended

Last edited by jt_1258,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...