Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Because this is more of a hardware based exploit requiring exact timing, a little bit of luck and a lot of patience with trial end error, while a9lh was more of a specific flaw, I.e do this, and you get that.

But yeah, in a topic where nobody is really able to help and contribute unless they have a bunch of hardware for glitching and a in depth understanding of the hardware people are bound to end up talking about random crap, everything relevant has already been posted
I am not criticizing the time it's taking. I expected this one to take forever because brute forcing is an extremely time consuming process.
I am simply pointing out why this thread has a hard time staying on topic. I mean, in an era where hentai is one click and 5 second wait, we've grown used to things happening instantly. Now people have to wait and they are itchy waiting.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not criticizing the time it's taking. I expected this one to take forever because brute forcing is an extremely time consuming process.
I am simply pointing out why this thread has a hard time staying on topic. I mean, in an era where hentai is one click and 5 second wait, we've grown used to things happening instantly. Now people have to wait and they are itchy waiting.
that's why I said I hope something happens before summer because tbh it's all we can do, hope the best that this works out, but I feel it'll be worth the wait if some folks make some decent custom home menus : )

Starzcream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm not sure how safe this 11.3 exploit is, bricked a 2ds just now downgrading to 9.2. 0004013800000002 (NFIRM) : v.27476 -> v.17120 ->
crashed to nintendo crash screen now dual black brick, too lazy to hard mod and inject nfirm since its under warranty

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Umm not sure how safe this 11.3 exploit is, bricked a 2ds just now downgrading to 9.2. 0004013800000002 (NFIRM) : v.27476 -> v.17120 ->
crashed to nintendo crash screen now dual black brick, too lazy to hard mod and inject nfirm since its under warranty
Your first mistake was downgrading to 9.2 instead of 2.1... you must be going off of memory or using outdated guides, which aren't as safe as current ones.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
why would it matter if it passed the checks?
Furthermore, once SysDowngrader is loaded, the exploit is done. If you see the SysDowngrader screen load up, the results of the downgrade are solely due to SysDowngrader. The exploit is what lets it load and function in the first place, nothing more or less. If it proceeded to downgrade without erroring before the installation began, the exploit served its purpose.

Also, if you only used an arm11 (udsploit) exploit, your nfirm was not actually installed.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where in the guide does it say to downgrade to 9.2? SafeCTRTransfer takes you to 2.1.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wasn't planning on installing a9lh, just wanted to downgrade to 9.2 before i tried it on my 3ds xl
....why? There are zero benefits from being on 9.2, besides slightly easier menuhax implementation if you're missing half your brain functionality

Last edited by Giodude,
Reactions: Quantumcat

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hate to blame you for your brick, but that's 100 percent your fault for not following the guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi