Hacking Shuriken USB (USB Gecko SE (clone))

happy_bunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes I ship to the US no tracking though just proof of postage is it cost too much from the uk, can you wait a week or so (to the 18th feb) as I am waiting for parts to make some more (currently waiting for 10 ftdi 245rl chips from farnell).

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wrong Answer Steve The latest drivers works here fine 2.12.18.0 works on 32bit also 64bit
i'll got no problem with it

Here a Screenshot working with the latest drivers 32bit Windows 10 Enterprice and now installed on Windows 10 Enterprice 64bit and works fine to :D

Here the last Drivers

32 bit Click Here !
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM v2.12.18 WHQL Certified.zip

64bit Click Here !

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM v2.12.18 WHQL Certified.zip

2j3lj43.jpg[

Last edited by BITBURGER,

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My ISP decided to stop offereing free webspace so I moved the shuriken usb html page to

http://www.retro-system.com/shuriken_usb.htm

happy hacking :-)
Can you put the video page back up too. I been helping a ton of people with your diagrams and programming files if you could at least make a page on GC-forever with all the files needed to build that would be great

HackingNewbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
I saw this a year ago
Then revisited to get one a few months later to see you were kicked off of ebay... sad face :(
Revisited again and noticed you put it on paypal... happy face :D
I am definitely getting one soon

TOO EVERYONE:
He's still selling them :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Proof: His website.

Is the 2.10.00 driver compatible with windows 10?

Last edited by HackingNewbie,

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Great! Is the FTD2XX.dll stored on the shuriken because I tested geckodotnet and it still gave me that error? I can install it manually, but I won't bother if this is what is supposed to happen.

Did you use GeckoDotNet 0.66.8? That's the one recommended for use with the Shuriken USB. If you are, and still get the error, try copying ftd2xx.dll from C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ftdibus.inf_amd64_fe4babd0c66b4519\i386\ to the gecko.net directory AND to the C:\Windows\System32\ directory. For some odd reason, W10 doesn't copy ftd2xx.dll to %SYSDIR% like it's supposed to when the driver is installed. Weird.

Edit: Also copy ftcserco.dll and ftserui.dll from C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ftdiport.inf_amd64_9b2b9fd5d576957d\amd64\ to C:\Windows\sysWOW64\ as well.

Last edited by Maq47,

HackingNewbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you use GeckoDotNet 0.66.8? That's the one recommended for use with the Shuriken USB. If you are, and still get the error, try copying ftd2xx.dll from C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ftdibus.inf_amd64_fe4babd0c66b4519\i386 to the gecko.net directory AND to the C:\Windows\System32 directory. For some odd reason, W10 doesn't copy ftd2xx.dll to %SYSDIR% like it's supposed to when the driver is installed. Weird.
Yes, I used 0.66.8. I did what you said, and I get "an attempt was made to load a program of an incorrect format". Keep in mind I just ordered a Shuriken today (I'm just setting up the drivers).
By the way, I gave a damn.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I used 0.66.8. I did what you said, and I get "an attempt was made to load a program of an incorrect format". Keep in mind I just ordered a Shuriken today (I'm just setting up the drivers).
By the way, I gave a damn.
I edited my post.
Also copy ftcserco.dll and ftserui.dll from C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ftdiport.inf_amd64_9b2b9fd5d576957d\amd64\ to C:\Windows\sysWOW64\ as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, if that doesn't work, move them to C:\Windows\system32\ from C:\Windows\sysWOW64.

HackingNewbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok, testing!

Still isn't working :(
Maybe it'll only work when I have my shuriken plugged in (I'm waiting for mine to come)

please help

Last edited by HackingNewbie,

HackingNewbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
!! I fixed it !!
I got ftd2xx64.dll from the amd64 directory, not the i386 directory and renamed it to ftd2xx.dll, then used it to replace the ones in system32 and the geckodotnet directory, and now the only error I get is "connection to the TCPGecko has failed!", obviously. So if anybody has this problem, do that.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
!! I fixed it !!
I got ftd2xx64.dll from the amd64 directory, not the i386 directory and renamed it to ftd2xx.dll, then used it to replace the ones in system32 and the geckodotnet directory, and now the only error I get is "connection to the TCPGecko has failed!", obviously. So if anybody has this problem, do that.

Your solution works wonders. I guess that geckodotnet is a 64-bit application. Go figure. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.