Hacking Shuriken USB (USB Gecko SE (clone))

D

Deleted User

Wiiload is in devkitPro's x:\devkitPro\devkitPPC\bin\wiiload.exe where x is your HDD letter (normally C) on windows. Try uploading a homebrew app (if you upload a zip containing JUST the folder of the app, and wiiload that, HBC can install it - no SD removal required - and this can also work over IP)
You have to set the wiiload variable to either your COM port, or the Wii's IP, by doing set WIILOAD=COM3 for COM3, or set WIILOAD=tcp:192.168.1.4 if your Wii's IP is 192.168.1.4

happy_bunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1) can you download the attached wi_test.zip
2) unzip to c:\test\wii
3) create a enviromental variable called WIILOAD (Control Panel\System and Security\System\advanced system settings\enviromental variable\new)
4) plug the gecko into the pc and wii, then switch on the wii and go to the home brew channel start it (dont do anything just leave it showing the litlle gecko symbol)
5) double click c:\test\wii\test.bat

this is the dos output from wiiload (yours will say COM3)

shot.jpg

do you see a triangle on the wii screen ? I am trying to see if data is getting from the pc side to the wii side (data in this case being a little test program displays a triangle on the screen)

Attachments

• wii_test.zip
    160.4 KB · Views: 177
Last edited by happy_bunny,

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Believe it or not, I just got around to testing the two V2 Shurikens I purchased back in may. Anyways both worked great. Only thing I noticed was on this Red Wii(LU92) they seem to fit extremely tight. Thought I was going to mess it up getting it out. On my Old White Wii's they don't have that problem they are just snug. maybe its just the wii I'm not sure. But they still function fine on it. I'm happy with my purchase Thanks again.

Last edited by Thomas83Lin,

PyotrLuzhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone here ever had trouble viewing MEM2 with one of these? My Shuriken USB worked flawlessly until a few days ago, and now it doesn't seem to view MEM2. Does anyone have a fix?

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone here ever had trouble viewing MEM2 with one of these? My Shuriken USB worked flawlessly until a few days ago, and now it doesn't seem to view MEM2. Does anyone have a fix?
Nope no problem viewing or dumping mem2. I also tested trying to make mine crap out by stepping to quick in asm as mentioned in post 59, but as far as I can tell my V2 works just as good as my original gecko. No problems that I'm aware of.

PyotrLuzhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope no problem viewing or dumping mem2. I also tested trying to make mine crap out by stepping to quick in asm as mentioned in post 59, but as far as I can tell my V2 works just as good as my original gecko. No problems that I'm aware of.
Yeah, so did mine. I'd really like to get it working again. Is there anything that I could do to try to troubleshoot it?

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try reinstalling the ftdi device drivers only a guess but I have had issues with the drivers before they are a bit flakey.
The latest FTDI driver has little iissues but when you know how it works the drivers run and wirdgui and GeckoDNET works fine
ik got testen on a very difficult OS Windows Server 2008 x86 Datacenter (first release) :D

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@PokeAcer can you help pls? I emailed this to happy bunny but he isn't replying immediately

Still not working. I will still give you the benefit of the doubt. I downloaded the version you sent as an installer exe file, ran as admin, and it installed successfully. Then i plugged my usb gecko into my wii and pc. It did the thing that it always does when a new device is plugged in and installed those drivers successfully. So then i turned on my wii, went into hbc, and the gecko icon lit up. Then i boot into gecko os. It is set to enable debugger. I start the game, and then i wait til it gets to the home screen of Mario kart wii, and then i opened gecko dnet and it fails to connect. I tried 4 times and always failed. I then tried wiird. Still failed.

As i said before, i am giving you the benefit of the doubt, but it's starting to piss me off. Does it matter if i plug into usb 2.0 or 3.0?

D

Deleted User

Well I get almost immediate emails from him. But it should work perfectly fine. Heck, I even bought a v1 and they work with it too.

happy_bunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont get it :-( can you raise a paypal compliant and i refund the money, all i can say is it worked before i sent it although thats not much help :-( its rubbish when you pay stuff that dont work sorry dude not sure whats up with your system / setup.

You do load a real game right ? Not a backup ?

Last edited by happy_bunny,
Reactions: Deleted User

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont get it :-( can you raise a paypal compliant and i refund the money, all i can say is it worked before i sent it although thats not much help :-( its rubbish when you pay stuff that dont work sorry dude not sure whats up with your system / setup.

You do load a real game right ? Not a backup ?
I don't want my money back, i want it to work :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...