Hardware Should I still buy?

B3astinSnipes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing research I have come to the conclusion without the use of 2 eyes,seeing in 3D isn't possible.but does that mean I shouldn't buy? It's still a ds with lots of more good features but I want your opinions.so what you guys think?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They canceled My Garden. Why should you? [/sarcasm]

You could, but the PSP2 (NGP) sounds like a more viable option. Better specs and graphics, as well as a pretty impressive list of demos that they've shown.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What going on with these post.
ohnoes.png
!

Yea, 3D is a big part of it,but it has other features. Plus the 3DS has a lot of support behind it.
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit your post and then just save your edit since there seems to be that "no post" glitch. But here's the quote anyway:

B3astinSnipes said:
After doing research I have come to the conclusion without the use of 2 eyes,seeing in 3D isn't possible.but does that mean I shouldn't buy? It's still a ds with lots of more good features but I want your opinions.so what you guys think?

The 3D is kinda an add-on and isn't really helpful or needed for games so there's no real need to worry about it. If you like the line-up for games and what not then go for it.

Decided to NOT turn this into a NGP thread
wink.gif

EDIT: Other posts...

Aijelsop said:
Probably not? And blind as in completely, or part?

Slyakin said:
They canceled My Garden. Why should you? [/sarcasm]

You could, but the PSP2 (NGP) sounds like a more viable option. Better specs and graphics, as well as a pretty impressive list of demos that they've shown.

QUOTE(KingVamp @ Feb 17 2011, 03:11 AM)
What going on with these post.
ohnoes.png
!

Yea, 3D is a big part of it,but it has other features. Plus the 3DS has a lot of support behind it.
smile.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Edit your post and then just save your edit since there seems to be that "no post"
The 3D is kinda an add-on and isn't really helpful or needed for games so there's no real need to worry about it. If you like the line-up for games and what not then go for it.

Decided to NOT turn this into a NGP thread
wink.gif
How many times we got to tell you, 3D isn't just a add on.

Orly?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:

Orly?

Name one useful feature of the 3D outside of "shit pops out of the screen" or "It looks cool". I'm meaning gameplay wise.

Go.

EDIT: Another post....

QUOTE(B3astinSnipes @ Feb 17 2011, 03:13 AM) Ok thanks ya the game lineup i do like especially super street fighter.thats gunna be awesome
smile.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:

Orly?

Name one useful feature of the 3D outside of "shit pops out of the screen" or "It looks cool". I'm meaning gameplay wise.

Go.

EDIT: Another post....

QUOTE(B3astinSnipes @ Feb 17 2011, 03:13 AM) Ok thanks ya the game lineup i do like especially super street fighter.thats gunna be awesome
smile.gif
I wanna throw the "depth-perception" thing out there, but... honestly? Bad excuse.

The PSP2 seems much better for you.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
I wanna throw the "depth-perception" thing out there, but... honestly? Bad excuse.

Never found any problems with depth perception in my games though. The only games that I ever found slightly troublesome were some 3D platformers but that's what shadows and camera angles are for.

3D just makes stuff look different and creates a few "Oohs" and "Ahs".

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:

Orly?

Go.

I been saying the whole time why 3D help gameplay, even companies and other people said it helps.

One is it help with game perspective which help with gameplay.

Guild McCommunist said:
QUOTE(Slyakin @ Feb 17 2011, 03:17 AM)

Never found any problems with depth perception in my games though. The only games that I ever found slightly troublesome were some 3D platformers but that's what shadows and camera angles are for.

Those shadows and camera angles can only help so much.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Slyakin said:

I've gotta agree with you guild, it's pretty much a side feature.

EDIT: At this point in time (don't want to start a flame war).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:

Orly?

Go.

I been saying the whole time why 3D help gameplay, even companies and other people said it helps.

One is it help with game perspective which help with gameplay.

Except there was never anything wrong with the perspective in the first place. I've been able to approximate distances of objects with shadows and camera angles just fine.

You act like there's an entire following behind this whole "3D changes things" gameplay when most people I see, even seasoned Ninty fanboys, admit it's just aesthetic and doesn't really add anything unlike the touchscreen did on the DS.

EDIT 2: Meant "unlike", not "like".

EDIT:

QUOTE(KingVamp @ Feb 17 2011, 03:20 AM)
Those shadows and camera angles can only help so much.

Um, they've helped more than enough. I've never had any problems with my games that I need detailed depth perception as long as these are there. And if they're not then it's a really shitty game.

B3astinSnipes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the NGP isn't a lot more money cuz it probably will be since most psps when first released r 300 so with all the new stuff im kinda scared for the price

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its a new DS. If you enjoyed the regular DS, and you think the lineup of announced 3ds games so far seems good, then the decision to get it seems like a no brainer to me.
It's all about the games.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B3astinSnipes said:
I hope the NGP isn't a lot more money cuz it probably will be since most psps when first released r 300 so with all the new stuff im kinda scared for the price
Then wait for the price announcement to make a decision
wink.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Except there was never anything wrong with the perspective in the first place. I've been able to approximate distances of objects with shadows and camera angles just fine.

You act like there's an entire following behind this whole "3D changes things" gameplay when most people I see, even seasoned Ninty fanboys, admit it's just aesthetic and doesn't really add anything like the touchscreen did on the DS.
And you acting like the 3D doesn't help with anything casting it as a useless feature.

So you are dissing the touchscreen too?

Sorry to say,but really think you just like Sony more.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:

You act like there's an entire following behind this whole "3D changes things" gameplay when most people I see, even seasoned Ninty fanboys, admit it's just aesthetic and doesn't really add anything like the touchscreen did on the DS.
And you acting like the 3D doesn't help with anything casting it as a useless feature.

What are you talking about?

3D IS a useless feature and doesn't add anything outside of making games look better. It's like better graphics.

I wasn't dissing the touchscreen, I said that the 3D didn't have anything to offer unlike the touchscreen. Actually, my bad, I should've said "unlike" instead of "like". Typo on my part.

I wouldn't say I like Sony more. I'm rather sure I like the PSP more than my DS nowadays but I can't really compare with the PS3 since I don't own one. PS2 I'd say is better than the Gamecube and PSX I'd say is better than the N64 though.

QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Feb 17 2011, 03:29 AM)
The posts that seem to be affected are clean posts. Any posts that have a url, quote or spoiler in them seem to be unaffected.

Please give the admin team some time to work on the problem. If you come across any other information relating to the problem, like types of posts that aren't affected etc., then please post them in here. Just remember to include a quote/spoiler in your post to ensure the post is visible. And please try to keep the "I can't see posts" posts to a minimum! lol Thanks everyone.
smile.gif

EDIT: Just a notice from TD about the vanishing post problem. I suggest people add a URL (like to your account or Google or something), a quote, or a spoiler with every post to avoid the problem until it's solved.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:

I don't think so, Guild doesn't have his old biased persona (or he still does and doesn't show it). He's just using facts to support his opinion.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And I agree with Guild, because of the same things he said. I don't think 3D is essential for gaming. Neither for movies. It's just a "wow" thing. I had "wow"ed on the past, when the 3D first appeared, then "wow"ed on the 3D with Avatar (but I "wow" on the movies graphics even without the 3D).

And this bug is getting annoying... =/

http://

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :ph34r: