Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Except there was never anything wrong with the perspective in the first place. I've been able to approximate distances of objects with shadows and camera angles just fine.

You act like there's an entire following behind this whole "3D changes things" gameplay when most people I see, even seasoned Ninty fanboys, admit it's just aesthetic and doesn't really add anything like the touchscreen did on the DS.
And you acting like the 3D doesn't help with anything casting it as a useless feature.

So you are dissing the touchscreen too?

Sorry to say,but really think you just like Sony more.

What are you talking about?

3D IS a useless feature and doesn't add anything outside of making games look better. It's like better graphics.
Look even if it was, which it isn't, your most highest reason to dis the 3D because people was saying that npg bring nothing new to
the table and was say neither does 3DS, but glass-less 3D with gaming in it self bring something new.

I wasn't dissing the touchscreen, I said that the 3D didn't have anything to offer unlike the touchscreen. Actually, my bad, I should've said "unlike" instead of "like". Typo on my part.
...mmm
I wouldn't say I like Sony more. I'm rather sure I like the PSP more than my DS nowadays but I can't really compare with the PS3 since I don't own one. PS2 I'd say is better than the Gamecube and PSX I'd say is better than the N64 though.
If not Sony, but Sony's product themselves you seem to like more.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:

Um, is that a bad thing? Sony products are far from the scum of the gaming world. There's a reason the PSX and PS2 came in first over the last two gens (although all consoles over the last two gens weren't that bad).

Also, note to everyone, PUT A QUOTE, URL, OR SPOILER IN YOUR POSTS TO AVOID THE INVISIBLE POST GLITCH.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:

Um, is that a bad thing? Sony products are far from the scum of the gaming world. There's a reason the PSX and PS2 came in first over the last two gens (although all consoles over the last two gens weren't that bad).

Also, note to everyone, PUT A QUOTE, URL, OR SPOILER IN YOUR POSTS TO AVOID THE INVISIBLE POST GLITCH.

I'm just saying Nintendo comes out with some great portables. Even if they come out with something more of your liking,you probably still chose the Sony product over Nintendo that may come after/before.

QUOTE(machomuu @ Feb 16 2011, 10:00 PM)
Guys, can we please not make a Sony vs. Nintendo thread?
Fine, I'm done.
tongue.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:

I'm just saying Nintendo comes out with some great portables. Even if they come out with something more of your liking,you probably still chose the Sony product over Nintendo that may come after/before.

Yeah, Nintendo makes great portables but I feel like the PSP is better this gen. The GBA was great, the GB/C are just classic systems, and the DS is pretty good too. But the PSP just feels like a really full handheld.

I'm not feeling like the PSP is better because it's got Sony on it, I feel like it's better because I feel like it's better. You're kinda assuming that everyone should like Nintendo products over any other company all the time and people who don't are just fanboys. I just like the PSP because I like the PSP. Plain and simple.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:

Yeah, Nintendo makes great portables but I feel like the PSP is better this gen. The GBA was great, the GB/C are just classic systems, and the DS is pretty good too. But the PSP just feels like a really full handheld.

I'm not feeling like the PSP is better because it's got Sony on it, I feel like it's better because I feel like it's better. You're kinda assuming that everyone should like Nintendo products over any other company all the time and people who don't are just fanboys. I just like the PSP because I like the PSP. Plain and simple.
The DS is better for me, just because it have more great games than the PSP IMO.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The one reason why I feel "3D" hasn't gotten a lot of attention by game developers is because most people don't have the stuff to get the effect. Much of the basing on 3D being just an "addon" is because of that. The number of people with a 3D-capable PC (or a PS3) with all the necessary hardware to achieve the effect is slim right now. Developers aren't going to take the effect into serious consideration with a game's development cycle when so few people will actually be able to use it. The 3DS is the first true gaming device to have it built in, and everyone that buys a 3DS will have that 3D (whether they can use it or not), giving developers the chance to really think about the inclusion of 3D as a game-play element, and not something that can be added in the last minute.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I heard 3D on 3DS has drunk like side effects, Hope it happens to me.
tongue.gif

Anyway 3D helps 3DS to look better, you either like it or not. Some people wanna see more depth and popouts when they play and some like simple 2D games backed up by impressive display which the PSP2 can do.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
The 3D falls in the same category as the good graphics. It's just a visual enhancement. It's even less important than the good graphics, since not using 3D isn't really going to make a big change. On the other hand, ugly graphics are ugly.

It's not useful, for the love of god stop saying that. Is it something new? It is. But it is no better for games than a texture pack is for minecraft. Depth perception you say? Cool story, bro. I've been playing platformers for a while and haven't had a single problem with jumping around.

Now this said people are going to think I'm a Sony fanboy, which I'm not. I don't personally like Sony, nor have plans to get an NGP unless some titles I'm interested in are announced.

Wear shades when looking at shiny stuff, it can blind you.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need to have it set on 3D, and some of the games look pretty good...but it all depends on what sort of games you prefer and what make you mainly stood by and enjoyed.

If you love games loaded with great graphics, long storylines, great sound (and now ALSO touch screen) - then NGP.

If you're a die hard fan of Nintendo and have enjoyed there stuff from year dot, you're not particularly bothered by graphics and all the fancy stuff (and are excited for their remakes and ports)..then 3DS (set on 2D). PLUS...it'll be cheaper
biggrin.gif

You could always purchase the 3DS and see how you feel about it, if it's not something you're really that happy about...trade it in for an NGP when that comes out.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I don't care much for the 3D effect. Even if it did not have the 3D screen, I would definitely get a 3DS.

It's up to you. Do the games interest you? If they do then go get one.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boombox said:
You don't need to have it set on 3D, and some of the games look pretty good...but it all depends on what sort of games you prefer and what make you mainly stood by and enjoyed.

If you love games loaded with great graphics, long storylines, great sound (and now ALSO touch screen) - then NGP.

If you're a die hard fan of Nintendo and have enjoyed there stuff from year dot, you're not particularly bothered by graphics and all the fancy stuff (and are excited for their remakes and ports)..then 3DS (set on 2D). PLUS...it'll be cheaper
biggrin.gif

You could always purchase the 3DS and see how you feel about it, if it's not something you're really that happy about...trade it in for an NGP when that comes out.
Graphics at wii isn't good enough for significance?, other words you made 3DS graphics seem outright bad. How do you know about the sound? Plus you made it seem that 3DS can't handle/have long storylines. It isn't just remake and ports.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Missing out on the 3D effect? No problem. Some companies, like Capcom, continue to push the GPU when in non-3D-mode by improving the visual quality of the single render (as 3D-mode had to render twice, reducing what the GPU can do at one time, but natural effects like blurring occur through this anyways).

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
boombox said:

biggrin.gif

Nice NGP propaganda there.

This is not a "3DS or NGP?" thread. It's just "3DS?"

KinGamer7

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd suggest looking at the lineups for both consoles and seeing which of them you're most interested in. The software is where it all matters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1