Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nollog said:
Maedhros said:
Nollog said:
Maedhros said:
Are you kidding me? If it can run the damn game it means they CAN make it run on NGP if they want. So, yeah, IT CAN RUN PS3 GAMES (downscaled, OF COURSE).

They'll just not do, because people have no incentive to buy the same game on NGP. Kojima is already making something for NGP, and it'll be at least on the same level from this.
No it can't, you troll.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXSkncxYKic[/youtube]

This is METAL GEAR SOLID 4 running on NGP with PS3 assets, the same ones used on PS3. It's running on 20FPS. It was said by KOJIMA HIMSELF. Why the hell I would not believe him?
1. he's a troll.
2. you're a troll.
That is why.

20 frames per second eh? You played msg4 at 20 frames per second on your ps3?
What a crappy console if you did.
Thanks for making yourself clear (that you're an idiot). Come back with real arguments.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Nollog said:
Maedhros said:
Nollog said:
Maedhros said:
Are you kidding me? If it can run the damn game it means they CAN make it run on NGP if they want. So, yeah, IT CAN RUN PS3 GAMES (downscaled, OF COURSE).

They'll just not do, because people have no incentive to buy the same game on NGP. Kojima is already making something for NGP, and it'll be at least on the same level from this.
No it can't, you troll.

This is METAL GEAR SOLID 4 running on NGP with PS3 assets, the same ones used on PS3. It's running on 20FPS. It was said by KOJIMA HIMSELF. Why the hell I would not believe him?
1. he's a troll.
2. you're a troll.
That is why.

20 frames per second eh? You played msg4 at 20 frames per second on your ps3?
Thanks for making yourself clear (that you're an idiot). Come back with real arguments.
Actually none of you are making good comebacks or insults (especially the one in bold) IMO.

And to answer the thread, yes, because the 3D isn't even really that important.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boombox said:
Lol, what?! i didn't say it wasn't advancing at all actually, it's just developing a lot slower than Playstation's portable consoles, but this is because both gaming companies have different interests for their consoles...i think you should stop nit picking/trolling my comments, because you'll see we actually have the same view and you're obviously not translating it right. Ok i mention "not bothered by graphics" but that IS because the NGP graphics WILL be a lot better than 3DS (it is an upgrade to the PSP which already has sligtly better graphics) - it is a fact..and i'm not slating that...in fact I myself did not say that graphics are superior to
Why do insist on calling me a troll? Nit picking (like you was doing to my grammar btw) and interpreting isn't the same thing. 3DS DOES HAVE much better graphics than psp.
I almost feel like you trolling me.

And I'm done...

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B3astinSnipes said:
After doing research I have come to the conclusion without the use of 2 eyes,seeing in 3D isn't possible.but does that mean I shouldn't buy? It's still a ds with lots of more good features but I want your opinions.so what you guys think?

Let's get back on topic, instead of flame wars between 2 products that technically don't even exist at retail yet.

Certainly for your situation I would wait things out. 3D is obviously the big pull of the 3DS. And you'll be paying a pretty big premium for a feature you will not be able to use. Basically it will come down to a few things post-release which you can decide based on a few factors

1) Are 3DS games exclusive to the 3DS. Sure many games will be but perhaps some will come out in 3DS and DS/DSi versions as well. That'll depend on your personal preference.
2) Is the 3D absolutely necessary for the gaming experience. Let's face it 3D movies don't NEED to be in 3D. You can watch them in 2D and get just as equal a positive experience. So it'll depend on whether the 3D features of these games are integral parts of the gameplay, or stuff that enhances your gaming experience. If it's the former, then getting a 3DS probably isn't worth it since your gameplay will be hampered, like playing Puzzle Quest if you're color blind. If it's the latter, then it depends on how much you want to pay for the premium of playing 3DS exclusive games.

I think it's worth waiting to see how the 3DS pans out in terms of its game library. It could end up like the DSi where there's no real compelling reason to go to it from a games library perspective, other than the DSi store. Or perhaps Nintendo will ensure that Pokemon 3D Rhubarb/Broccoli will only be on the 3DS and you might be compelled to get it anyways. Take a wait and see attitude for now and re-evaluate the situation in the summer.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After playing on the 3DS today (I've only played face raiders, the other games weren't there) I don't think the 3D is all that good. I couldn't tell a huge difference when the slider was off or on, maybe my eyes are fucked but that's just what I see.
Don't let the absence of the ability to see the 3D sway you if you want it, it is not a big deal and probably will become boring after a few weeks.
Also face raiders would be much better with a decent set of cameras, just saying.
But the gyro was pretty good no doubt about that.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
1) Are 3DS games exclusive to the 3DS. Sure many games will be but perhaps some will come out in 3DS and DS/DSi versions as well. That'll depend on your personal preference.
Expect 3DS has much better hardware then ds. Any from the 3DS ( unless all the power isn't used which then it should just be a ds game) would unfortunately be quite water down to the ds which seem like to much trouble for the developers.

QUOTE(DeadLocked @ Feb 20 2011, 11:47 AM) After playing on the 3DS today (I've only played face raiders, the other games weren't there) I don't think the 3D is all that good. I couldn't tell a huge difference when the slider was off or on, maybe my eyes are fucked but that's just what I see.
Don't let the absence of the ability to see the 3D sway you if you want it, it is not a big deal and probably will become boring after a few weeks.
Also face raiders would be much better with a decent set of cameras, just saying.
But the gyro was pretty good no doubt about that.
AR doesn't really change with 3D from what I been reading.

With the 3 "decent" cameras it make the 3DS cost even more.
mellow.gif

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
machomuu said:
Actually none of you are making good comebacks or insults (especially the one in bold) IMO.
I'm not insulting, I'm just calling them on their trolling.

MrDiesel said:
QUOTE(Nollog @ Feb 20 2011, 05:46 AM) 20 frames per second eh? You played msg4 at 20 frames per second on your ps3?

He probably meant MSG4 was running at 20 FPS on the NGP...
Yeah, which it doesn't on the PS3.
Which means, it is not capable of matching PS3.
'sall I was saying before all the trollbots came by trying to correct me.

I already gave an answer to this thread.
I'm getting the 3DS and I'm almost certain I won't see the 3D.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nollog said:
machomuu said:
I'm not insulting, I'm just calling them on their trolling.

MrDiesel said:
QUOTE(Nollog @ Feb 20 2011, 05:46 AM) 20 frames per second eh? You played msg4 at 20 frames per second on your ps3?

He probably meant MSG4 was running at 20 FPS on the NGP...
Yeah, which it doesn't on the PS3.
Which means, it is not capable of matching PS3.
'sall I was saying before all the trollbots came by trying to correct me.

I already gave an answer to this thread.
I'm getting the 3DS and I'm almost certain I won't see the 3D.
Of course it's not, that's why I said that they would still need to optimize the code to make it for NGP. But it would still be MGS4, the same game from PS3.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Maedhros said:
Of course it's not, that's why I said that they would still need to optimize the code to make it for NGP. But it would still be MGS4, the same game from PS3.
That's like saying Nintendo could put SSBB on the DS, it just won't have mario, link, donkey kong, snake, sonic, ike, kirby, or zelda.

sony confirmed for troll:
http://gbatemp.net/t281360-ngp-chip-won-t-...-and-media-size

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiSX

Can play Mega Man X5, Final Fantasy VII, and VIII full speed.

(Sorry for still being off topic)
Thanks for the answer.
smile.gif

Nollog said:
QUOTE(Maedhros @ Feb 20 2011, 07:54 PM) Of course it's not, that's why I said that they would still need to optimize the code to make it for NGP. But it would still be MGS4, the same game from PS3.
That's like saying Nintendo could put SSBB on the DS, it just won't have mario, link, donkey kong, snake, sonic, ike, kirby, or zelda.
Sorry, but he says everything runs at 20 frames per second.

Between the ds and wii is a much greater gap than PSP2 and PS3 in power.

We need to stop derailing this thread. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup