Hardware Should I buy the wii u over ps4 and Xbox one?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Heeere we go again...
Wii U > PS4 -/- Xbone...

So yeah. Get the Wii U because it has:
  • an awesome library of games What Games? :tpi:
  • the gamepad is super useful! (best use for me was in Deus Ex - Directors cut) Fair enough.
  • overall performance You mean the fantastic loading times?
  • size of console It's not a portable, the size is irrelevant.
  • price of games Which is higher than their PS3/XBox 360 equivalents for no reason.
  • free online gaming Because Free = Better. PS+ is a far better value with discounts and Instant Game Collection and XBox Live with Games with Gold is a close second.
  • Mii plaza (which is actually great - when you add me: b4rtj4h - send a PM with your name...) Mii's are terrible. You might as well advertise Facebook compatibility.
Then between PS4 and Xbone

PS4: ...here everything checks out.
  • Great first party games
  • Smaller and slimmer design
  • makes less noise
  • cheap online community (costs 45 dollars a year)
  • Free games every month!!
  • Gaikai feature to be announced
  • awesome controller with touch
  • camera is optional
Xbone :

• Great first party games
  • spies on you Please stop.
  • listens to everything you say Please stop.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I like mario style games though.
Which one should i get?
Definitely go for the ps4bone. They'll have plenty of Mario games. In fact, microsony makes better nintendo games than nintendo. :mthr:

Ahem...joking aside: get the wiiu for nintendo's exclusives. As it stands, you'll certainly get your money's worth out of it in fun. And wait for getting a ps4 or xbone until it has a good handful of games that don't come out on the wiiu.

katsup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, I did analysis of which games I played in the past that I actually enjoyed enough to finish. There are many games on the 360 / PS3 that I played, but got bored of. Most of the games I finished were Nintendo games. That made the Wii U an easy decision (I also have a 3DS). I may still pick up a PS4 or One toward the end of it's life cycle, but I have a backlog of 3DS / Wii U games as it is. Not to mention that the Wii U is the only one that is backwards compatible.

Last generation, I started with a 360 / Wii, then had all 3, and ended up with just the Wii and PS3. The PS3 hasn't been plugged in for the last few months.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The feature no one is ranting about , that our wiiu system uses more often than not "off TV play" worth its weight in gold if your a parent.

Just like the PS4 does in conjunction with a PSVita, rendering it a far superior deal. That, and not all games support "Off TV Play" anyways in both cases.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As of right now like if you went out and brought a console today.... the WiiU would be the best choice. If you own a 360 or PS3 you likely own 1/2 to 3/4 of the launch line up for the X1 or PS4. Nintendo will always produce solid exclusive games compared to the other companies that mainly produce multi platform games. Even Kingdom Heart 3 is coming to both when it used to be a Sony exclusive for the main series.

They don't produce multiplatform games, they get them produced by third-party developers.
Also, Sony has an outstanding first-party line-up, and they're always innovative with their titles.

D

Deleted_171835

@OP: Get whatever has the games you want although the PS4 makes more sense if you want third-party games and can only get one system.

Just like the PS4 does in conjunction with a PSVita, rendering it a far superior deal. That, and not all games support "Off TV Play" anyways in both cases.

"As it stands, PS4's Vita Remote Play functionality is a really cool value-added extra, but while fun, it can't really be compared with the Wii U GamePad experience. However, whether we're talking about image quality, latency, frame-rate - or the simple fact that 1080p gaming doesn't always translate well to a five-inch screen - we couldn't help but feel that we were getting a less than ideal experience, and that nothing compares to just picking up the Dual Shock 4 and playing PS4 games in the conventional way."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-vita-remote-play

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"As it stands, PS4's Vita Remote Play functionality is a really cool value-added extra, but while fun, it can't really be compared with the Wii U GamePad experience. However, whether we're talking about image quality, latency, frame-rate - or the simple fact that 1080p gaming doesn't always translate well to a five-inch screen - we couldn't help but feel that we were getting a less than ideal experience, and that nothing compares to just picking up the Dual Shock 4 and playing PS4 games in the conventional way."
Fair enough, I was just saying that it's practically equivalent functionality whereas it was presented like something the Wii U does exclusively. That, and the software is likely to improve overtime with subsequent updates. ;)
@OP: Get whatever has the games you want although the PS4 makes more sense if you want third-party games and can only get one system.
Agreed here though, if he has any interest in third-party titles, he should pick that... but he doesn't, so he picked the Wii U. :)

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
They don't produce multiplatform games, they get them produced by third-party developers.
Also, Sony has an outstanding first-party line-up, and they're always innovative with their titles.

Yes but how many games are actually worthy to play today since he wants to know which one to play now.... if you actually read the OP you would know he likes Mario style games and almost no games on the PS4 will be like Mario lol

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes but how many games are actually worthy to play today since he wants to know which one to play now.... if you actually read the OP you would know he likes Mario style games and almost no games on the PS4 will be like Mario lol
Sure, except Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Crash Bandicoot (probably), Sly Cooper, Knack (if it turns into a series) and god knows what else from third-party, Rayman not to look too far.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Don't confuse things, it was an argument to what you said, it has nothing to do with the OP,
to say the truth, I wonder why is this thread still open, the OP clearly pointed his preference for WiiU.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sure, except Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Crash Bandicoot (probably), Sly Cooper, Knack (if it turns into a series) and god knows what else from third-party, Rayman not to look too far.

I would also include Little Big Planet to that list.

PS: Sorry for the double post

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would also include Little Big Planet
Totally forgot about that one since I don't like Media Molecule games, but nevertheless, the point indeed stands. The PS4 and the PS3 alike are not suffering any kind of platformer shortage, they have plenty of Mario-like games, the problem is they don't have Mario games which is the OP's main interest.

This thread should indeed be closed, the OP already made his decision and will be getting a Wii U anyways, right now it's a lot like a tug war between various parties over which choice is the best when the choice was already made. :P

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with you on everything, except that last bold part.
Most of people, like me, choose consoles over PC for three simple reasons: praticality, cost and long-term support.

Playing a console is really simple, it's just plug and play, using a console on your living room is easy, it looks great and works fine,
but having a PC on your living room isn't so nice, you would need to have a custom built PC specially for this, like a Steambox,
but these machines aren't very popular, and won't be as pratical as a console

A gaming PC would cost at least the double of consoles, with time, your PC will be outdated and you'll need to upgrade it in order to keep playing new titles.
With a console, you'll have support for a couple of years, PS2 had games released for it over 10 years, something you'd never get in a PC without upgrading it.

Convenience definitely is an advantage of consoles, but PCs have only become more accessible in recent years. Not only that, but the whole notion of PC games being super expensive is a little outdated. You can easily put together a strong, versatile, long-lasting machine for $600-700, and while that's a heftier investment than a console, the cheap pricing of PC games more than compensates for it. Plus, there's a wider variety of games available on PC, from the tiniest of indies to the most titanic of companies.

Gaming PCs not perfect for everyone (as a college student who lives away from home, it wouldn't make much sense for me to invest in one yet), but for someone who wants a single platform for all their gaming needs, it's the best option.

Anyway, I wasn't being entirely serious with the last comment, so I'll stop here before the full moon shines and I become a full were-Kirito.

Well i guess it's all opinions. Because would there point in me getting a ps4 if i only like some of their third party games (only 2). So i guess i only like nintendo games (stupid for me to ask the question). So i do not know why everyone is hassling. I do not like cod, bf, shooter games or most of third party stuff. I like good quality first party games. So in the end its opinion and not specifically the games and how many will be released. That is all.

That's fair, though it's worth pointing out that Sony also has an extremely strong stable of third party titles. Personally, I think Sony has a lot more variety with their first party games (everything ranging from Little Big Planet to The Last of Us) and I like the indie titles they've supported in the past, but it all comes down to taste.

Then I guess we'll just agree to disagree. Having an opinion doesn't make you right. Nor does it for me. I didn't like a few of those games you mentioned. Then again, there's games out of every systems library I don't like. For instance, I can't stand some of Nintendo's most famous games like Pokemon. I don't like point and click games on any system. And I especially hate turn based RPG's on any system. But there are plenty of people who love them. Just as the same as there are plenty of people who like Angry Birds, Smurfs 2, and Coaster Crazy Deluxe...which apparently doesn't appeal to your opinion. I didn't make the game list, I just posted it. They're games, but I guess we shouldn't include them because you don't like them and have deemed that they are a bane to the existence of games. Like I had previously mentioned, there were more than plenty of games missing from that list as it's about 6 months or so old and doesn't cover the first 7-8 months or releases and newly announced releases.

Uh huh.

Some of your speculations about 3rd party support lie in the fault of 3rd party developers. Sure some publishers, such as Silver Studios, didn't release on the Wii U for good reasons seeing as they barely were able to get the game released at all. But others, such as EA, were more malicious in their intent of non-support. I'm perfect fine not playing EA games on the Wii, or any system for that matter. The only EA game I enjoy is Madden Football, which will be missing it's first year on a Nintendo console since it's inception and meteoric rise on the coattails of Nintendo consoles. More ironic, is that this is the 25th anniversary of the game. And this is how they repay them, by giving them the Dreamcast treatment. And their excuse is that they previous released a couple of horrible ports that did poorly at launch. Anyways, EA has lost 3 different deserving big lawsuits in the last year and have many more to face, those facts speak for themselves.

As far as your speculation of 2,4,6,8 games being released(Oh I go it), that's just a Michael Pachter like doomsday forcast for the Wii U. You have no idea what they're going to release, but I would hardly doubt that it's going to be that low of a number especially when we know what they've already got working for the future and that, as I had mentioned, they released 8 first party titles in the first year alone.

Companies release games for consoles that make them money. If making games won't make them money (either from sales or from Nintendo directly), they're not going to make them. That's not malicious; that's business.

If you want an example of this, look at the lack of third party support for the N64 and Gamecube. You could also look at the Wii. There was a huge output of original titles released for the Wii, but despite the console's success, they struggled on the system, and so developers left for more receptive pastures. The Vita is another perfect example of this. Developers are producing much less for the Vita than the 3DS because the Vita is selling poorly and the 3DS isn't; they're following the money. You don't need a crystal ball to figure out this trend.

There's things I don't like about the Wii U and Nintendo and general as well, but none of them are what you mentioned. Then again, there's things I'm sure that people, including myself, don't like about all systems. I just don't sit here and harp on them and campaign against them and lurk in waiting for somebody to disagree or to say something in contrast to my favorite system so I can lay the guantlet with troll comments when they do. Oh well, such is the life at GBAtemp I suppose. But there's also things people love There's also things people love about the Wii U too such as free online gaming, no known history of banning users, no known history of YLOD's, RROD's, failed disk trays, and the newest BLOD issue. Not to mention the fact that most games on the Wii U don't need updates because their games weren't rushed and full of bugs. For some reason, this generation more than ever, that seems to seems to be a mistake in the eyes of other consoles fanboys. Sony and Microsoft must love all the free PR they get from these sites.

"You're a troll!" proclaimed the white knight.

[Persecution Complex Intensifies], etc. etc.

I have my own custom built i7 gaming rig that I put together. It's specs are on par, if not exceeding, with the new gen consoles. I play that more than any of my other consoles. It's just as simple as plugging in the Xbox 360 controller and playing. The Wii U is second most played. I don't discriminate against any of the other consoles. I own them all. I don't limit my experiences, nor do I attempt to limit those of others. I think Sony make wonderful machines, I just despise their corporate actions such as the way they backed SOPA, their removal of otherOS, the way they had Graf Chokolo's house raided for reverse engineering his PS3 which had nothing to do with piracy, the lawsuits against their own customers, their constantly changing TOS, the ban waves, etc, etc. Most of which are things people don't know about and don't take into consideration when they get in bed with Sony.

I don't get in bed with Sony; we do just fine on the sofa, thank you very much.

I can't make as bold a statement such as you, claiming that my opinion is right, but seeing as I think it is more reasonable and less biased, I think it's more acceptable.

Let me know when you have a #1 bestseller.

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Ratchet & Clank is the only game that they have been keeping up with the series but sadly the newest one sold only 1/4 of a million. Jax and Daxter hasn't made a real game since 2006. Crash went multiplatform. Sly Cooper only sold 1/3 of a million for the latest game. Knack is the most likely to become a series since it outsold all of them already. Rayman also went multiplatform.

Correction Sly Cooper has been keeping up as well but still selling high under compared to most of the other games in the series.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ratchet & Clank is the only game that they have been keeping up with the series but sadly the newest one sold only 1/4 of a million. Jax and Daxter hasn't made a real game since 2006. Crash went multiplatform. Sly Cooper only sold 1/3 of a million for the latest game. Knack is the most likely to become a series since it outsold all of them already. Rayman also went multiplatform.
Soooo... Mario is dead because Super Mario 3D World is the worst-selling contemporary Mario game then. Duly noted.

#Sales #Toplel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==