ROM Hack ShiverBot - Splatoon 3 memory editor using sys-botbase

FRKN4O

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
From what I've seen it looks like people who used ShiverBot on their consoles are also getting subsequently getting hit with indefinite console bans. I had a friend call Nintendo since they got banned and the person they talked to told them that they didn't even see the ban on their account, so it's really confusing trying to get to the bottom of this.

Personally, I can't use Homebrew on my Switch since it's patched, so I had a friend (who already used ShiverBot) give me chunks. I got an account ban, and he did as well, but his ban became a console ban and I am still able to play on my alternate account. From this I'd say it's reasonable to conclude that only the people who used ShiverBot on their own console will be permanently banned across accounts on their console.

For the people fortunate enough to play on an alternate account, using your save data from Splatoon 2 will work just fine. There appears to be no correlation between your data on Splatoon 2 to what you get in Splatoon 3; you just get 3 gold tickets and have access to ranked (series and open) since the beginning. I have hit a peak X-power of 2620, was on the second prestige, and had hundreds of chunks on my Splatoon 2 save, yet 3 gold tickets & ranked access was all I got. If you can, I'm sure just creating a Splatoon 2 save by getting past the initial tutorial would be enough to get you gold tickets & ranked access.
Post automatically merged:

I don't think you're able to transfer a banned account to another Switch, but if you do load it on there by logging in and using cloud saves, I think your account will still be banned. You need to start fresh
I mean if I get a patched switch and transfer all my saves with JKSV. Dont boot up Splatoon 3. That will be okay I assume. But I will wait a little bit. Maybe it is a few weeks and then I can acces the online features again except voor Splatoon 3.

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If we get a new Switch will we be able to use our account and access the eshop?
What about Splatoon 3?
The save is tied to our accounts I assume. So when we boot the game all our gear and stats will be the ‘hacked’ one right?
Save data is server-based for everything but the story mode, so even if you transfer your banned account's save to another user, everything would re-roll back to 0.

Money editing worked because you were buying a gacha capsule just after editing the amount in RAM, so the amount that you edited in memory got updated and uploaded to the servers. This was an exploit and they probably patched it in v1.2. I know they patched other savescumming shenanigans you could also do before.

For this same reason, a save editor would never have worked because you'd boot the game and you'd be back to your old amount.

FRKN4O

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Save data is server-based for everything but the story mode, so even if you transfer your banned account's save to another user, everything would re-roll back to 0.

Money editing worked because you were buying a gacha capsule just after editing the amount in RAM, so the amount that you edited in memory got updated and uploaded to the servers. This was an exploit and they probably patched it in v1.2. I know they patched other savescumming shenanigans you could also do before.

For this same reason, a save editor would never have worked because you'd boot the game and you'd be back to your old amount.
I mean if use my account on another Switch and boot up Splatoon 3. What will be happening then? Will I get the error code again or will the game let me start anew?

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I mean if use my account on another Switch and boot up Splatoon 3. What will be happening then? Will I get the error code again or will the game let me start anew?
As of today (October 28th, 2022), if you use your banned account on another Switch you will not be able to play Splatoon3.
You can use a different account on another Switch and you could play just fine. Start a fresh save file if you want to be clean.

It is currently unknown if having your banned acc logged in on another Switch also means they'll ban that console in the future. Expect anything.

Reactions: Narugacuga

Bro1031

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You will most likely get banned on your account and not be able to play S3 on that account.

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of today (October 28th, 2022), if you use your banned account on another Switch you will not be able to play Splatoon3.
You can use a different account on another Switch and you could play just fine. Start a fresh save file if you want to be clean.

It is currently unknown if having your banned acc logged in on another Switch also means they'll ban that console in the future. Expect anything.
yeah interesting, although so far it looks like both our oleds are still unbanned. update me if that changes.
..although weirdly enough my hacked cfw switch still isnt console banned..waiting on that to happen...

SaekoTsukiakari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Writing here to note that my switch has upgraded from a account ban to a console ban and I didn't really do anything extra. In fact I didn't go online at all since the ban and even uninstalled splatoon 3 XD. I have a feeling the rest of the people who got caught might get upgraded to 2124-4517

It makes me wonder what exactly was catchable, given my ban was upgraded. Has any of you guys ban been upgraded? It feels kinda unfair now that only some got small bans and other get big bans.

Edit:NVM seems people got big banned anyways. I knew the risks, as I was losing my enthusiasm and what not. If anything this will encourage me to buy a new switch and have two separated switch console, with one unhackable anyways so woo.

Last edited by SaekoTsukiakari,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Writing here to note that my switch has upgraded from a account ban to a console ban and I didn't really do anything extra. In fact I didn't go online at all since the ban and even uninstalled splatoon 3 XD. I have a feeling the rest of the people who got caught might get upgraded to 2124-4517

It makes me wonder what exactly was catchable, given my ban was upgraded. Has any of you guys ban been upgraded? It feels kinda unfair now that only some got small bans and other get big bans.
Im guessing you never bothered to read any of the posts here. Ya. there have been quite a few others that have got console banned from account ban. Is there going to be others from small to big bans? Probably. it seems nintendo dont do things instantly. So its a mere waiting game to see what happens.

SaekoTsukiakari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im guessing you never bothered to read any of the posts here. Ya. there have been quite a few others that have got console banned from account ban. Is there going to be others from small to big bans? Probably. it seems nintendo don't do things instantly. So its a mere waiting game to see what happens.

A GG, yeah I went back cuz while I did actually read the post this page, but I missed previous pages. I knew nintendo didnt do things instantly, in fact it was me who originally said that it might be upgraded. But instead of 1 day it took 2 and a half days for me, so I thought I was safe originally. When I came and skimmed the page 15 I saw people where talking about alt accounts and what not so I assumed it was only just rolling out. Shame too. I was gonna quit splatoon even if I didn't get banned (call it coping I guess) and also buy Pokemon Violet. But I have a jailbroken switch soo....

Kaethela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just want to say that I use shiverbot a lot for the gear seed finder and it's a lifesaver. Please continue to keep it updated for this feature if you can.

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Just want to say that I use shiverbot a lot for the gear seed finder and it's a lifesaver. Please continue to keep it updated for this feature if you can.
Are the addresses still the same for v1.2.1? I'd assume you only need to change the build id because it was a minor update :)

Kingspl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, you aren't safe if you used any homebrew.
We don't know if you will be banned or not.
I did not used the bot on my console, a Turkish friend dit it for me several times.

I have many friends who did that and Got account Ban.

I formated my nintendo switch before the patch came, could that saved me for a "bad data" or something?

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I did not used the bot on my console, a Turkish friend dit it for me several times.

I have many friends who did that and Got account Ban.

I formated my nintendo switch before the patch came, could that saved me for a "bad data" or something?
Now this is interesting. but as we said, no one knows.
Either you got lucky or you will get banned in the next update.

Reactions: Kingspl

Zadrave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just bought an unpatched switch off ebay, wish me luck. Am I gonna need a whole new switch account to play splatoon 3 or will I be fine with just a new console? I'm really not looking forward to spending $80 (NSO + the game) to play it again because I bought it digitally. :s

Reactions: Kingspl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...