Not open for further replies.

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cosmiccow said:
xvirusx ... let me just say I LOVE YOU!

Maybe a bit late, but since Shiren the Wanderer 3 and 4 came out, I thought I give Shiren 2 another go. Still so sad that it had no english release. But with your translation I can play everything without having to guess item meanings
smile.gif

If Shiren 4 doesn't get localized, I'm actually considering making that my first translation project.. Seeing that Shiren 2 didn't get a western release, chances are pretty slim for part 4 :/

Well, lots of thank you and respect to you for this patch!
smile.gif

In return cosmiccow, if you do a Shiren 4 translation, I will love you forever. I've played through a bit of the 4th and I like it, but I can only translate a few things so it's slow going for me.

I'm also glad that the translation for the 2nd Shiren is still ongoing, xvirus. Playing with the menu translation makes a big difference. Thanks again for the work you've done on the game so far.

xvirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cosmiccow said:
xvirusx ... let me just say I LOVE YOU!

Maybe a bit late, but since Shiren the Wanderer 3 and 4 came out, I thought I give Shiren 2 another go. Still so sad that it had no english release. But with your translation I can play everything without having to guess item meanings
smile.gif

If Shiren 4 doesn't get localized, I'm actually considering making that my first translation project.. Seeing that Shiren 2 didn't get a western release, chances are pretty slim for part 4 :/

Well, lots of thank you and respect to you for this patch!
smile.gif

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it ^^ Lately I've been spending a lot of time on my other translation project(Torneko 3), but Shiren 2 will definitely be seeing a new patch soon..

I was also thinking about maybe starting on Shiren 4, but probably not for a while. I think if the Wii version sells well, then there's a good chance that they will officially localize Shiren 4.

takun32

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow i find it hilarious how they didn't think it was the cover that effected the sales, if you look at the shiren cover; it is hella ugly

925583_94826_front.jpg

66793-1.jpg

with this cover it could have sold at least double if not more.

this goes to Wizard of Oz too....yucky candy land looking cover vs the super detailed and epic looking WizOzward

anyways I wish you a great success with your translation. i think it is brave of you to translate this series(alone?)

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Agree about the cover. They should have at least made it super over-the-top like classic Mega Man covers lol.

Still keeping a close eye on this project. Thanks again for your work xvirus.

xvirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the support, guys :3 I haven't really gotten much work done on Shiren 2 lately, but seeing all these comments makes me want to work harder on it XD

Also: yah, the US cover was TERRIBLE. I do find it funny how they try and make everyone really tough looking, even Coppa!

Hellequin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good news you want to continue the translation!
And a Shiren 4 translation patch, I barely dare dream about it.
tongue.gif

skaldicpoet9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your efforts on the patch, I really look forward to playing this. I am using the Shiren 2 wiki in conjunction with this game until then. Keep up the great work!

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know it doesn't really belong here...but I am looking for active players.

So anyone up for rescues or other chat about Shiren 2?

I tried being rescued via WiFi but as the rescue options and rescue messages are mostly untranslated, I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work. ;[

As an aside, I say again the Shiren 2 part of the wiki and its forum is very helpful for Shiren 2 as well. Only the Shiren 2 rescue thread is rather buried...

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
finally! somebody's gonna work on this game.
smile.gif

playing this game is like enjoying S&M. means you like getting hurt. seriously hurt. and i know everyone of those who loves Shiren have been hurt something fierce, heh.

Nachtfischer

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guess I'll be accused of being a topic necromancer or something here... but as I'm VERY interested in this translation (and translation to other Shiren games except the SNES version): Is there anybode still working on something in that area? I just don't seem to be able to find some useful info on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-