ROM Hack Shining Force Feather Translation

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow hey I was gonna suggest Deepl for this and yandex image translator but reading your comment it appears you needed more of a advance tool? ..which I wonder if you've tried the tools that were made by the community here?? O.o
it's not about the tool made by the community, if it's about changing the text, it's already doable somehow, but it's not gonna look good before someone change some of the inner function and I'd rather avoid any online translation, it's quite janky and you lose way too much by trying to fix a bad translation than just translating from scratch. So far no one really came to help so it's been on the backburner for a really long time, maybe one day I'll just make the modifications and see if someone is ready for the translation but I have some other project to take care so I'll see when I'll have some free time.

• Wow
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it's not about the tool made by the community, if it's about changing the text, it's already doable somehow, but it's not gonna look good before someone change some of the inner function and I'd rather avoid any online translation, it's quite janky and you lose way too much by trying to fix a bad translation than just translating from scratch. So far no one really came to help so it's been on the backburner for a really long time, maybe one day I'll just make the modifications and see if someone is ready for the translation but I have some other project to take care so I'll see when I'll have some free time.

Oh darn... - that blows, have you've tried making a new post about it to see if any new people come in to want to help out? If you did, then dang...I would suggest checking reddit translation groups b...but it's reddit and yeah..but still better to check.. or Twitter?

Either way thanks for replying back, and I'll be waiting for it..hopefully you get the help you need for the translation on this game.

Reactions: StorMyu

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh darn... - that blows, have you've tried making a new post about it to see if any new people come in to want to help out? If you did, then dang...I would suggest checking reddit translation groups b...but it's reddit and yeah..but still better to check.. or Twitter?

Either way thanks for replying back, and I'll be waiting for it..hopefully you get the help you need for the translation on this game.
As I said, I already have another big project to finish (Tales of Rebirth on PSP) so I don't really have a lot of time to really put some time into SFF, I really liked the game back then, actually finished it lol, but all the people that were gonna help kinda disappeared at some point (that's life, everyone has their own thing to do it's ok) but I wouldn't try to find new people when I can't even really get back to it right now. But if someone wants to help, they can send a message and I'll see what I can do.

It seems like shining translations or both PSP and DS are cursed with entrapments.
I was really hoping to play Shining Blade and Shining Ark in english ngl.

Unbounnded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
it's not about the tool made by the community, if it's about changing the text, it's already doable somehow, but it's not gonna look good before someone change some of the inner function and I'd rather avoid any online translation, it's quite janky and you lose way too much by trying to fix a bad translation than just translating from scratch. So far no one really came to help so it's been on the backburner for a really long time, maybe one day I'll just make the modifications and see if someone is ready for the translation but I have some other project to take care so I'll see when I'll have some free t
Hi StorMyu, I'm from Spain and I'm writing using the translator a bit. I knew Shining Force Feather when I was little but I had it in Japanese and I couldn't play it, a few months ago I tried to play Shining Force Feather many times using Google Translator and in many ways, but it's impossible, I can't understand anything... Ever since I saw the cover of the game I fell in love and since then I have lived with a thorn in the heart of the video game that I love but I will never be able to play it... I don't know if I could help in any way, I don't know Japanese, my level of English is not very well, but with the help of the translator and my knowledge I can manage, if there is something I could do please tell me. I thank you very much for the intention of translating this wonderful video game, several nights I dreamed that I finally found an English translation... How painful it was to wake up from those dreams. If one day, it doesn't matter if it takes many years, you manage to translate it, I would be grateful to you from the bottom of my heart. Please, I beg you, continue with this beautiful project one day, if I can do something to help tell me, I will be happy to help you. Thanks for everything. -Unbounded

Reactions: Kyoka

darionnoirad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said, I already have another big project to finish (Tales of Rebirth on PSP) so I don't really have a lot of time to really put some time into SFF, I really liked the game back then, actually finished it lol, but all the people that were gonna help kinda disappeared at some point (that's life, everyone has their own thing to do it's ok) but I wouldn't try to find new people when I can't even really get back to it right now. But if someone wants to help, they can send a message and I'll see what I can do.

I was really hoping to play Shining Blade and Shining Ark in
Still looking for help? Pretty sure I saw another message board translating it and they had a lot done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...