Hacking Official ShadowNAND

Which path would you like ShadowNAND and SaltFW to have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Watertoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would probably depend on how the region change was performed, i.e if you edited your own secure info file (thus breaking signatures) or if you used a donor legit secure_info......unless those signature checks are patched too.
I edited mine, would flashing a nand backup prior to region change put me back on a legit secure info?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I edited mine, would flashing a nand backup prior to region change put me back on a legit secure info?
yeah, you could just look for a legit donor secure_info too if you really wanted to stick with the FW/region you have setup now.....i assume you could give it a go anyway worst case scenario is shadownand wouldn't boot without the SD but you could still boot luma normally

(but no liability if it all goes tits up)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't a cfw such as luma, it still boots arm9 payloads.
You can use Luma normally, but if you don't have an sdcard, it boots ShadowNAND
Oh, interesting

Sorry for being a newb, I've been largely paying attention to the Wii U scene over the last year and am now only getting into 3DS stuff

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
The fork of aurora of a9lh with no sd boot are similar or shadownand still better?
As far as I know auroras works with Luma right off the bat, shadownand works with saltFW and any other FW right off the bar but can work with Luma after getting Luma path changed. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I know auroras works with Luma right off the bat, shadownand works with saltFW and any other FW right off the bar but can work with Luma after getting Luma path changed. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
You are correct. ShadowNAND is compatible with any and all A9LH payloads that can work with A9LHv2. Path changing is on Luma's end and can be easily fixed by Aurora if she so desires. SaltFW can already handle regular a9lh or ShadowNAND without any sort of adjustment.

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You are correct. ShadowNAND is compatible with any and all A9LH payloads that can work with A9LHv2. Path changing is on Luma's end and can be easily fixed by Aurora if she so desires. SaltFW can already handle regular a9lh or ShadowNAND without any sort of adjustment.
Can i use corbenik as boot.bin?

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a step-by-step for installing ShadowNAND instead of the one in the guide from stock, instead of converting afterwards?
Make a folder in SD card root named 'homebrew', make a folder named 'a9lh' inside that folder, download the required files from the readme,place the files except arm9 and arm11 into a9lh folder, download the shadowNAND installer, launch the installer from a9lh entrypoint and install shadowNAND.

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Make a folder in SD card root named 'homebrew', make a folder named 'a9lh' inside that folder, download the required files from the readme,place the files except arm9 and arm11 into a9lh folder, download the shadowNAND installer, launch the installer from a9lh entrypoint and install shadowNAND.
Not necessarily a9lh payload. It can be installed at 2.1 with arm11.bin and such. Just follow @Plailect's guide until the very end, and then install ShadowNAND once you're completely done. Meanwhile, press @Plailect so he adds ShadowNAND to the guide :P

EDIT: While I'd love it to be added to the guide, I don't think it should be added just yet. It's not ready for public consumption and updating ShadowNAND is not easy/safe. I'll be asking it to be included in the guide when I make v1.0 release. Stay tuned, thank you.

Last edited by Shadowhand,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm sorry but i can't seem to find this 'pathchanger' everyone is talking about (I'm such a noob). Can anybody guide me as to where i can find this pathchanger. Also, one question, can i still use Luma3ds' function to launch other arm9 payloads by holding buttons on boot.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0