Tutorial Setup Custom Firmware w/ SigPatches

Were you successful in installing redNAND?

• Yes, it worked perfectly.

Votes: 173 66.0%
  • Yes, but with some hiccups.

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • No, and I bricked.

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

Votes: 16 6.1%

• Total voters

simon66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi @iAqua,

When I boot into redNAND (From CBHC), I get a title that has a "?" on it. I'm assuming this is the DS game I bought (Yoshi one).
If know if I delete it, I'm fucked haha. But how can I make it disappear?

vgplayer54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright so I followed the guide completely, and with the updated link iAqua posted with SystemConfigTool, it is now successfully installed. I am now trying to install the game updates/DLC for a game that I own on disk to the NAND, however I seem unable to do so. I have downloaded the appropriate Title IDs using FunKiiU (although it doesn't state which update or DLC it is? I'm assuming its the latest and all DLC, please correct me if I'm wrong about this). Unfortunately I cannot install them. When attempting to install from SysConfigTool, I get "Failed to check space requirements" and when attempting from wupinstaller, I get "Error: MCP_InstallGetInfo 0xFFFBF3E2" Am I doing something wrong?

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Alright so I followed the guide completely, and with the updated link iAqua posted with SystemConfigTool, it is now successfully installed. I am now trying to install the game updates/DLC for a game that I own on disk to the NAND, however I seem unable to do so. I have downloaded the appropriate Title IDs using FunKiiU (although it doesn't state which update or DLC it is? I'm assuming its the latest and all DLC, please correct me if I'm wrong about this). Unfortunately I cannot install them. When attempting to install from SysConfigTool, I get "Failed to check space requirements" and when attempting from wupinstaller, I get "Error: MCP_InstallGetInfo 0xFFFBF3E2" Am I doing something wrong?
Hrm, I'll look into it.

ch33y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to delete some system titles from rednand to make 5GB free space to install a 4gb game with wup installer. I have 8GB wiiu and with everything deleted it only have 3.4G free space.

Last edited by ch33y,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yo why is this guide suggesting to use mocha for sysnand even though I specifically said like a million times thats not the suggested setup for CBHC? seriously @iAqua give my CBHC post a good read again. also why the hell do you link CBHC v1.2 directly and not the release page itself? the latest is v1.4 with some important changes with added idiot protection to make it more brick-proof...

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
yo why is this guide suggesting to use mocha for sysnand even though I specifically said like a million times thats not the suggested setup for CBHC? seriously @iAqua give my CBHC post a good read again. also why the hell do you link CBHC v1.2 directly and not the release page itself? the latest is v1.4 with some important changes with added idiot protection to make it more brick-proof...
Okay, releases are linked. And I suggest using mocha because maybe not everyone's gonna use coldboot? If I switched the sysNAND guide to your CFW then CBHC would be a requirement, which isn't ideal for anyone who doesn't want.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, releases are linked. And I suggest using mocha because maybe not everyone's gonna use coldboot? If I switched the sysNAND guide to your CFW then CBHC would be a requirement, which isn't ideal for anyone who doesn't want.
I'm talking specifically about the "Installing ColdBootHax" part where you at all times write to choose mocha even though I made CBHC to specifically have a internal sysnand cfw which boots much quicker and safer.

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I'm talking specifically about the "Installing ColdBootHax" part where you at all times write to choose mocha even though I made CBHC to specifically have a internal sysnand cfw.
Oh well... I'll add that, I guess.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi @iAqua,

When I boot into redNAND (From CBHC), I get a title that has a "?" on it. I'm assuming this is the DS game I bought (Yoshi one).
If know if I delete it, I'm fucked haha. But how can I make it disappear?

I'm not really one hundred percent sure, but you could just move it into a folder on your last page and forget it exists.

vgplayer54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
try redownloading
iAqua, I think I found the problem! After thinking that the game updates and DLC download from FunKiiU way too quickly, I looked at the sizes of the files being produced in the install folder. Turns out they are:
title.cert = 3kb
title.tik = 1kb
title.tmd = 1kb

This tells me something is wrong with FunKiiU, is there something I can do to fix this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto