Tutorial Setup Custom Firmware w/ SigPatches

Were you successful in installing redNAND?

• Yes, it worked perfectly.

Votes: 173 66.0%
  • Yes, but with some hiccups.

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • No, and I bricked.

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

Votes: 16 6.1%

• Total voters

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I have 64GB sd card now. Is Dark Flare video tutorial current and safe?

there's not much to it really since it's automated. just boot up the NAND dumper and let it finish. it might take a couple of hours, so be patient.

edit: I forgot to mention - enable mlc dumping. it's disabled by default due to the size. it will create parts of 2GBs apiece. once you have it on your pc, type this in cmd:

Code:
copy /b mlc.bin.part01 + mlc.bin.part02 + mlc.bin.part03 + mlc.bin.part04 + mlc.bin.part05 + mlc.bin.part06 + mlc.bin.part07 + mlc.bin.part08 + mlc.bin.part09 + mlc.bin.part10 + mlc.bin.part11 + mlc.bin.part12 + mlc.bin.part13 + mlc.bin.part14 + mlc.bin.part15 mlc.bin

or however many parts there are.

edit 2: oops, that's for dumping the NAND in general. the fw.img for redNAND or mocha will build the partition itself, but be warned - redNAND corrupts easily. I'm not sure how it happens or how to prevent it.

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: MIZIunlegit

MIZIunlegit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
there's not much to it really since it's automated. just boot up the NAND dumper and let it finish. it might take a couple of hours, so be patient.

edit: I forgot to mention - enable mlc dumping. it's disabled by default due to the size. it will create parts of 2GBs apiece. once you have it on your pc, type this in cmd:

Code:
copy /b mlc.bin.part01 + mlc.bin.part02 + mlc.bin.part03 + mlc.bin.part04 + mlc.bin.part05 + mlc.bin.part06 + mlc.bin.part07 + mlc.bin.part08 + mlc.bin.part09 + mlc.bin.part10 + mlc.bin.part11 + mlc.bin.part12 + mlc.bin.part13 + mlc.bin.part14 + mlc.bin.part15 mlc.bin

or however many parts there are.

edit 2: oops, that's for dumping the NAND in general. the fw.img for redNAND or mocha will build the partition itself, but be warned - redNAND corrupts easily. I'm not sure how it happens or how to prevent it.

Thanks for the help bro. I do it tomorrow in the afternoon cannot wait :lol:

Reactions: godreborn

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i want delete redand do i just format my sd card or do i need some kind of sd card program to completely remove it

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you need to format in disk management as rednand will show up as unallocated memory.
i have EaseUS Partition Master will that work ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, do you know if i run rednand again will it just overwrite the old partition, it wont try to create a new one would it ?

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
easeus should work. I don't know the answer to the second question.
i also have SDFormatter, it has an option to full erase and or overwrite option but last time i used it i forgot which option i picked but my sd card had no storage size on it, it was all gone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto