Tutorial Setup Custom Firmware w/ SigPatches

Were you successful in installing redNAND?

• Yes, it worked perfectly.

Votes: 173 66.0%
  • Yes, but with some hiccups.

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • No, and I bricked.

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

Votes: 16 6.1%

• Total voters

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but if I've installed a bunch of disc titles to the Wii U's internal memory, will those be dumped as part of the NAND dump? I don't want to have to take up more time than is necessary if that's the case.

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but if I've installed a bunch of disc titles to the Wii U's internal memory, will those be dumped as part of the NAND dump? I don't want to have to take up more time than is necessary if that's the case.
No it will only dump the nand, so 33 gb if you have a black wii u, and i think 9 gb if you have a white one.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@iAqua Could you edit your OP and include a section on "unlinking" sysnand and rednand and explain what this does? Also can you clarify the exact process to format your sysnand and/or rednand and let the users know the pro's and cons of each? I want to be able to send people to your thread for all those answers and there isn't really another thread that covers things as well as you do.

Also, you give instructions for installing sysconfig but don't really tell the users what the point of installing sysconfig is for. Thanks buddy, great guide! It's the only one that covers everything with rednand.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, yet another question.

If I unlink my NANDs by formatting, and I wish to reinstall my disc titles, do I need to use WUPInstallerY again as was necessary with sysNAND, or can I install them through sysConfigTool on redNAND?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has to be a specific name? I just named it TBOIR.rpx and it compiled.
Yeah, it has be the same name as the rpx inside the code folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@iAqua Could you edit your OP and include a section on "unlinking" sysnand and rednand and explain what this does? Also can you clarify the exact process to format your sysnand and/or rednand and let the users know the pro's and cons of each? I want to be able to send people to your thread for all those answers and there isn't really another thread that covers things as well as you do.

Also, you give instructions for installing sysconfig but don't really tell the users what the point of installing sysconfig is for. Thanks buddy, great guide! It's the only one that covers everything with rednand.
The unlinking stuff is in the FAQ section :)

erfg12

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
newagesoldier.com
XP
Country
United States
ok I got DLC figured out now! Don't bother using the modded WUPInstaller for DLC; it flat out doesn't work. You must use sysconfigtool.

If you try to use WupInstaller you will get this message: "Error: Not a version title or a game update"

Also, you can install DLC on games that were installed from sysNAND via USB title method. I installed Hyrule Warriors way before I installed redNAND.

The most important part about installing DLC via sysconfigtool is that you have to press the L button to switch from NAND to USB if you have games installed on an external USB device.

Last edited by erfg12,

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I got DLC figured out now! Don't bother using the modded WUPInstaller for DLC; it flat out doesn't work. You must use sysconfigtool.
Huh, the only reason I removed the need for sysconfigtool in the DLC section was because of this post.
Yea...thats BS, I installed MK8 DLC with WUPInstaller Y 1.21, worked perfectly fine.

sjuut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey all,
I've unlinked / formatted my sysNAND after redNAND was booting properly. I was hoping / under the impression that the USB formatted by my previous sysNAND (now redNAND) would still work in redNAND. Unfortunately, this is not the case. It's a shame since some of my saves are located there which I didn't saviine'd out.

Any thoughts / comments on this? (I'm not going to restore my sysNAND backup for this, but..) maybe some SDK tool or patch can help me getting the USB drive recognized again.

arenner88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried searching but when I load cfwbooter and press power button happens just proceeds to wii u menu after the red screen.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,
I've unlinked / formatted my sysNAND after redNAND was booting properly. I was hoping / under the impression that the USB formatted by my previous sysNAND (now redNAND) would still work in redNAND. Unfortunately, this is not the case. It's a shame since some of my saves are located there which I didn't saviine'd out.

Any thoughts / comments on this? (I'm not going to restore my sysNAND backup for this, but..) maybe some SDK tool or patch can help me getting the USB drive recognized again.
You should have read the FAQ section of the guide.
Tried searching but when I load cfwbooter and press power button happens just proceeds to wii u menu after the red screen.
Are you using dimok's or Fix94's fork?
Dimok's is redNAND, while Fix94's is just WUPServer for sysNAND.

Reactions: arenner88

bROG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it has be the same name as the rpx inside the code folder.

I don't get the error code anymore but now the game boots to the splash screen and freezes. I'm wondering if it's a bad loadiine dump. I even named it the .rpx filename in code. Hopefully iAqua can add that tidbit to the OP under the repacking section.

I've installed via wupinstaller to system memory, USB successfully but running it freezes at the splash screen. I then uninstalled and reinstalled using system tool config to mlc and even USB and still, the game freezes at the splash screen.

Huh, the only reason I removed the need for sysconfigtool in the DLC section was because of this post.

I encountered the same problem that @erfg12 did and system config tool worked over wupinstaller 1.2.1.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAHA

I am unsure, i used this link from the guide on page 1.
Huh, should work then. Maybe it didn't compile properly?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't get the error code anymore but now the game boots to the splash screen and freezes. I'm wondering if it's a bad loadiine dump. I even named it the .rpx filename in code. Hopefully iAqua can add that tidbit to the OP under the repacking section.
Keep the original name in the code folder, but use that name in the CMD when converting it to an installable format.

Reactions: arenner88

bROG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep the original name in the code folder, but use that name in the CMD when converting it to an installable format.

Yeah, I used the .rpx name for the name it asks for in CMD. I think that's why I don't get the 160-2246 error anymore but instead freezes at the splash screen for the game.

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, yet another question.

If I unlink my NANDs by formatting, and I wish to reinstall my disc titles, do I need to use WUPInstallerY again as was necessary with sysNAND, or can I install them through sysConfigTool on redNAND?
I would recommend not formatting system nand. This iosu hack is only temporary for me. When salt releases their iosu hack, then I will move o theirs, that is why I am not formatting sysnand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend not formatting system nand. This iosu hack is only temporary for me. When salt releases their iosu hack, then I will move o theirs, that is why I am not formatting sysnand.

Thanks again, one last question if that's alright.
If I install DLC for a game on redNAND, what happens if I boot the original base game on sysNAND? Will it act like I never installed DLC? Will I brick the console?

sjuut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should have read the FAQ section of the guide.
That FAQ mentions sysNAND not being able to use the external harddrive. It does not mention that the redNAND can't. I would assume it could, since it would still have all keys etc. inside the dump

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kontrolfreek.com/products/south-park-kenny-edition-thumbsticks?utm_source=facebook&ut...