Tutorial Setup Custom Firmware w/ SigPatches

Were you successful in installing redNAND?

• Yes, it worked perfectly.

Votes: 173 66.0%
  • Yes, but with some hiccups.

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • No, and I bricked.

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

Votes: 16 6.1%

• Total voters

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not required.

Hmm, interesting, still, hopefully there'll be a day where one can coldboot into RedNAND without having to use the exploit, or at least a way to safely install unsigned titled to the NAND without the console freaking out. Still, we're getting there, I thought I'd ask though since the FAQ states that it hasn't been confirmed :P

erfg12

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
newagesoldier.com
XP
Country
United States
Couple of questions, if i installed this, 1. how can i use vwii with my games and wii homebrew? 2. will i have to reformat my wiiu external drive and reinstall all of the games?
It just formats your SD card. You back up your SD card to your PC first, then do the rednand stuff, then put it back on the SD card. It has nothing to do with your USB hard drive.

Hadobedo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try restarting the system.
If it still doesn't work, then you're probably going to have to redump.

I've tried booting up redNAND and waiting multiple times, so I think something broke, I guess. What's redumping? Just redumping the NAND? Is there a tutorial?

bROG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I repacked an EU version of 'The Binding of Isaac Rebirth' so that it would boot on my US home menu in rednand.
The title key must be accurate as it installs without issue. However, when going to boot this title either via system config tool or from home menu, the game flashes the splash screen as if it's going to boot but then pops a black screen: "An error has occured. Please press and hold power for 4 seconds to turn the console off. Error code: 160-2246 (1) 5.5.1 (2) WUP-101(02).

Create master bat file ran fine and repacked contents.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I repacked an EU version of 'The Binding of Isaac Rebirth' so that it would boot on my US home menu in rednand.
The title key must be accurate as it installs without issue. However, when going to boot this title either via system config tool or from home menu, the game flashes the splash screen as if it's going to boot but then pops a black screen: "An error has occured. Please press and hold power for 4 seconds to turn the console off. Error code: 160-2246 (1) 5.5.1 (2) WUP-101(02).

Create master bat file ran fine and repacked contents.
Did you make sure to properly name the rpx file when CMD asked?
Thanks pal! Btw, we need to play smash again soon
for sure dude :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @_Snow_, Hello cat with paper glasses.