stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
due to my BURNING HATE for our government, my post may be bias, so just saying, that it seems like people that "steal" money from big coorporations are more treated more bad than a real criminal...

and with ALL that money with him being RICH and SUCCESSFUL, he is deemed a threat...because money is power..and only the RICH will have money and the poor will have none...they are removing the in-between group.

on topic:

i'm sensing some intimidation here...

this is comparable to a vigilantie stealing from the rich and having his head cut off with a gilotine in the town square.....

my how our society of hiarchy has backtracked....not for the better.....

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted-188346

He should sue the police if they don't pay for all the damages, especially considering they were INVITED IN.
While the police should indeed pay for the damages, they took the necessary procautions needed when dealing with a suspect that may have weapons.

If I was a police officer, I certainly would never drop my guard simply because I was invited in.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
He should sue the police if they don't pay for all the damages, especially considering they were INVITED IN.
While the police should indeed pay for the damages, they took the necessary procautions needed when dealing with a suspect that may have weapons.

If I was a police officer, I certainly would never drop my guard simply because I was invited in.
that's why you recon and stake out the place, so you know what to expect. this was overkill, pure and simple.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Team America Fuck Yeah

It's overkill, but I'm more surprised the NZ government actually allowed for this. I mean, compliance for a criminal apprehension, sure they should do that, but helicopters and shit for something like this?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is just one of those days when one starts to wonder that sometimes there is a faction trying to hamper all kinds of innovation. Regardless of Dotcom's position in copyright fraud and whatnot, this shouldn't be the way to take care of it. Funny thing is, in different countries the amount of money said to be lost in piracy is just absurd. A good example from Finland a few months ago when Elisa (Internet operator) was sentenced to ban access to a known Swedish torrent site, one of the claims were that the music industry was losing over 73 million euros every year due to piracy. Interesting considering that that's more than the annual income and the piracy rate in Finland is about 20-25% (stated by MS a few months back). Thus losses should be stated at around 15-20 million (which are still quite absurd)..

Go Team America & Co!

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The United States is full of greedy politicians and Corporations willing to do anything to maximize their profits. The goverment is literally telling people that internet piracy directly supports terrorist organizations! I hate this countries government and the people need to take back what is ours!. The Big Corporations whom are lobbying to get all these kinds of sites shut down are more corrupt and bigger theives than anyone who pirates software, etc. Hell the government is the biggest theif of them all, imposing all kinds of taxes so they can line their pockets! It's robbery that we let happen on a daily basis. Let the people take back control of the government, not the other way around.

On topic: The guy ran a site that could potentially be used for piracy, but it also had real legitimate uses. There are tons of sites out there that can be used for piracy but many of them still flourish.

I will never pay to see another movie from a studio that supports or is in line with the MPAA or buy another song or record from an artist on a label that supports the corruption of the RIAA. Have fun trying to get me to either, you bastards!

The more I watch it, the more irritated I get.

Its funny, because I know I can do nothing about it. :ninja:
It's thinking like that which makes the government think they can walk all over the citizens. We need to put our foot down and stand up to the corruption!

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think events like this will one day lead to a real organisation bent on destroying corporations that make things like this happen (they prolly bribed a lot of people for such a big thing to happen), and I'm not talking about a crappy thing like anonymous or whatever, they're mostly kids and usually never achieve anything. I mean something like a real organisation, a dark sect or something (not for stuff that would damage the general populace but only said corporations and government).
If the government has enough cash to send a whole elite tatical like squad just to get a single dude (including the helicopters and the like they used), the taxpayers sure won't be pleased with how their money is used.

D

Deleted User

Oh for goodness sake, let Dotcom go. And go search for the bigger terrorists in life, like Bashar Assad, instead of pissing around being Hollywood's lapdog.

Reactions: 2 people

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I watched the video, and totally unnecessary.

I don't know much about this, but isn't Megaupload shut down now? So why raid him after its gone? Couldn't they have done this a long time ago?

Edit:

Oh this was when it was still up. Makes more sense.

If they knew who was running it, I don't understand why they didn't do this until now though...

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
okay, i'm taking personal offense off of this article, because i'm a Filipino. seriously, ask a nanny twice about bombs? WTF is Kim Dotcom anyway, a Bin Laden sympathizer or something? we don't even remotely look like Middle Easterners, more like Polynesian (think Hawaii-- we look like that, except smaller) or maybe Thai.

if anything, this arrest might have been made on the assumption that Kim's money made him somewhat like a Mafioso--rich, grand, and fully loaded with tons of armed goons roaming the grounds.

They were probably told to expect bombs, major caches of weaponry, and other defenses to elicit this sort of a raid.
He was essentially branded a terrorist. It's becoming easier for this to happen every day, all around the world.
lol. so expecting the worst means they didn't do their homework and recon'd the place. otherwise they would have known that it was just one bodyguard and some asian nannies.
Do you even know where the Phillipines are?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sort of heavy handed shit causes young people to grow up with radical ideas. We all know that doesn't end well. Strange thing is the US an others usually don't pull this kind of shit on their own turf.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted-188346

that's why you recon and stake out the place, so you know what to expect. this was overkill, pure and simple.
I'm sure that if they staked out the place, they'd eventually see people moving crates labelled "machine guns" in and out of the house.
Also, they may not have thought that they had the available time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol