Hacking Second hand wii NOISE in speakers after bootup

michbil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I have bought second hand WII (NTSC System menu 4.2, homebrew channel installed).
I have problem: on first boot i have loud white noise in one speaker, system lags, games do not run smoothly.

To boot wii normally i have to reboot sytem many times, through homebrew channel and bootmii. If console boots without noise, then it works ok untill next reboot.

When i bought console, the problem was rare. Then I have reinstalled bootmii, priiloader, homebrew channel, installed customi cIOSes, and problem occurs after every boot. What can i do with this?

AwesomeMarioFan

RiiConnect24 Dev
Trophies
Website
awesomemariofan.com
XP
Country
United States
The sound/lag problems could indicate a hardware problem.
Did you try unplugging it from the wall for a few seconds, plugging it back in and removing WODE then trying again?
Also, do you have a Wii menu full of channels? Due to the Wii's poor RAM this can cause lag. For the sound, try checking and making sure the RCA cables connecting into the TV are working good.
Between the reboots that are good and ones that are bad:
- Do you do any changes to the console itself/cables?
- Do you experience Wii menu lag when the system boots in a good state?

You can try reinstalling Homebrew, etc. on your Wii if you wanted to, however this most likely will not solve the problem.
ModMii can generate a guide for you: https://mega.co.nz/#!Zw5DSBoR!AhJE1lKD42RYszZfoJbwovKpgLy-MaJltYln2xFr4QE
The original site seems to be down (http://modmii.zzl.org), so I uploaded that mirror instead.
Note: If you are doing this method, I recommend reinstalling all system WADs along with the Homebrew WADs when it asks you.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Double-check that the noise is not caused by the cables that came with the system. Next, post a sysCheck result so that we can see your IOS setup. If all will be well on that end, it's probably a hardware problem and might've been caused by a shoddy WODE installation - you'll have to look inside to see whether anything was damaged in the process.

michbil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The cables are definetely ok. This is software or maybe hardware problem.
When console boots badly there is hum in the speaker, distorted sound, system menu lags, all games expirence slowdowns.
When console boots ok, there is no such problems, console works flawlessly until shutdown. Disconnecting power cord do not make any difference.
Problem occurs at every boot after installation of custom ioses and homebrew channel update. Before installation problem appeared only after using homebrew channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye