Wii not working

Dubbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So i was looking for a Ping Pong game to play on my wii so i installed the wad from a discord server called “wii wad reeps x” and then when i booted into it in my wii menu, my wii said something like “Error:003 unauthorised device detected” i was then confused but after that it kept going into a purple pinkish screen and flashing into the same error message then it showed a weird face on the screen and then made a weird loud noise, i thought it crashed or something so i turned it off and back on again and it would show the wii menu boot up loading screen and then go black so i then i tried using my bootmii backup and there was none even though i already had one setup, can someone please explain whats going on as i have had this wii since i was a kid with all my mario kart saves?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
this is a bad sign...

just remembered this https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-wrote...t-3-years-ago-regarding-a-wii-bricker.638580/ written by @Larsenv:
A message in small, white text on a plain black background read “Doing some magic. I hope you don’t get a seizure!” and the screen very rapidly switches to a solid blue screen, to a red screen, to a green screen. It does this for about 5 seconds, then a loud beeping noise was heard and a bunch of random pixels appear on the screen in different colors. The screen then flashed to white, then black. Finally, the Roblox loading screen appears, with some progress text. However, I can’t read the text because it looks like it’s garbled.

I think it's another of those malware for the Wii floating around the Internet. Godd***it, this should stop...

Have you tried recovering your Wii with a NAND backup and BootMii?

Last edited by SaulFabre,

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Break up your text into readable concise portions. Your one big run-on sentence is barely legible and it's hard to figure out what's going on.

What BootMii do you have installed? BootMii IOS or BootMii boot2? Big difference between the two.

What's your Wii doing now in its current state?

Reactions: Dubbo and boot3

boot3

Internet trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: SaulFabre and Dubbo

Dubbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Break up your text into readable concise portions. Your one big run-on sentence is barely legible and it's hard to figure out what's going on.

What BootMii do you have installed? BootMii IOS or BootMii boot2? Big difference between the two.

What's your Wii doing now in its current state?
Well i only had BootMii 1 and when i tried booting into the BootMii backup i had, it wouldn’t find any and would just go black and crash and make the sound of death thing. I also didn’t have PriiLoader or any backup saved on my PC or anything.
Post automatically merged:

If your BootMii is operational, I think you can boot straight to HBC and may be able to uninstall the bad WAD, but chances are, it broke other stuff.
The whole system just doesn’t seem to function anywhere and anything that might work even slightly just seems to crash or not work well.

Last edited by Dubbo,
Reactions: SaulFabre

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Dubbo
Please clarify: Do you have BootMii in boot2? Does it show up when turning on the Wii when providing an SD with the files from this archive extracted?

I also didn’t have PriiLoader
No Priiloader installed? Nothing when holding (Reset) on power on?
=====

Have you tried installing the questionable WAD into Dolphin?

finthesecond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, now this is f**king fake. First of all, the first part (Ping Pong game) was indeed real and was a troll from 2019 when a person named Frutre3 masked his bricker (Wii Bricker 9000) as a game which said "Enjoy your brick! UwU" leading to a theme brick (I think)

The second part is completely fake, and is taken from WiiSlayers24 - Demonstration video. (on YouTube) The video shows a person (Divided, owner of WiiSlayers24) launching a Virtual Console Arcade WAD, which then shows a trollface (hard-boiled, LOL and red) with a PPCHALT and then fades to Error 003. The video looks very fake, and once I said that Error 003 does not fade (I was wrong) he told me it did so I watched a video of somebody bricking their Wii with KoreanKii. Divided then immediately told me the bricker was "modified KoreanKii" which was a complete lie.
26gy2, on LaunchShop (my Wii Shop Channel revival, no advertisement) sends 2 files, a DOL and a WAD which are the ones used by Divided. Upon launching, nothing happens. Black screen. I also risked trying this on my Wii with also gave no signal.
this is a bad sign...

just remembered this (RESTRICTED FROM SHOWING LINKS) written by @Larsenv:
That was a fake story made by Larsen, probably for school or something else, IDK.

Reactions: boot3 and SaulFabre
Trophies
XP
Okay, now this is f**king fake. First of all, the first part (Ping Pong game) was indeed real and was a troll from 2019 when a person named Frutre3 masked his bricker (Wii Bricker 9000) as a game which said "Enjoy your brick! UwU" leading to a theme brick (I think)

The second part is completely fake, and is taken from WiiSlayers24 - Demonstration video. (on YouTube) The video shows a person (Divided, owner of WiiSlayers24) launching a Virtual Console Arcade WAD, which then shows a trollface (hard-boiled, LOL and red) with a PPCHALT and then fades to Error 003. The video looks very fake, and once I said that Error 003 does not fade (I was wrong) he told me it did so I watched a video of somebody bricking their Wii with KoreanKii. Divided then immediately told me the bricker was "modified KoreanKii" which was a complete lie.
26gy2, on LaunchShop (my Wii Shop Channel revival, no advertisement) sends 2 files, a DOL and a WAD which are the ones used by Divided. Upon launching, nothing happens. Black screen. I also risked trying this on my Wii with also gave no signal.

That was a fake story made by Larsen, probably for school or something else, IDK.
Didn't he already try this in another thread? https://gbatemp.net/threads/potential-wii-malware-brickers-being-shared.639129/
Also, hi.

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Open Priiloader and boot hbc. Open ur wad manager, choose the wad from the list (make sure the wad is in ur sdcard/usb), and uninstall wad. Tell me if the Wii boots up now.

K0rbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open Priiloader and boot hbc. Open ur wad manager, choose the wad from the list (make sure the wad is in ur sdcard/usb), and uninstall wad. Tell me if the Wii boots up now.
pretty sure the post is fake, please check what others say before posting.
Update: Oh dear, maybe i should follow my own advice and check the dates too, haha

Last edited by K0rbo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c