• No, there is no one how need this!

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm planning to adopt this project adding sound and other things that I already did in the fake SDL Layer that I used for OpenSyobon3DS and the two Zelda fan game that I ported to 3ds.

I hope it's ok for the author. There isn't a clear licence statement so I'm assuming it's public domain. Obviously I'll give credit to @Rikku2000 for his work.

Last edited by nop90,
Reactions: cearp

justinjustin7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning to adopt this project adding sound and other things that I already did in the fake SDL Layer that I used for OpenSyobon3DS and the two Zelda fan game that I ported to 3ds.

I hope it's ok for the author. There isn't a clear licence statement so I'm assuming it's public domain. Obviously I'll give credit to @Rikku2000 for the hes work.
To quote the author:
This all is free to use under the GPL, so yes.

Glad to see someone picking this up!

EDIT: after a quick google search I found this. Not sure how complete it is or how well it works, but thought it'd be good to bring it to your attention in case you hadn't seen it.

Last edited by justinjustin7,

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To quote the author:

Glad to see someone picking this up!

EDIT: after a quick google search I found this. Not sure how complete it is or how well it works, but thought it'd be good to bring it to your attention in case you hadn't seen it.
I know it and some month ago i tryed to use it to compile a simple sdl hello world program. It compiled but no screen output, so I think it's incomplete.

I'll work on this version instead of Xerpi one because this is SDL 1.2 that is older but more common for the kind of games I like.

From rhe xerpi version I'll probably take inspiration for the gpu rendering code.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I updated the code to compile with latest version of ctrulib and changed the makefiles to install the libs in the portlibs folder.

Sources are on my github if someone.

I tryed some SDL exampled from the web (only graphics) and they compile and rune fine.

Now I have to work on the video part: the rendering functions doesn't handle the 3ds screen orientation (90 degrees rotated) so i'm going to fix this, than I'l try to implement the use of the GPU (I'm going to copy most of the code from @xerpi ).

Sound will came later.

Last edited by nop90,
Reactions: xerpi and VegaRoXas

MikeDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated the code to compile with latest version of ctrulib and changed the makefiles to install the libs in the portlibs folder.

Sources are on my github if someone.

I tryed some SDL exampled from the web (only graphics) and they compile and rune fine.

Now I have to work on the video part: the rendering functions doesn't handle the 3ds screen orientation (90 degrees rotated) so i'm going to fix this, than I'l try to implement the use of the GPU (I'm going to copy most of the code from @xerpi ).

Sound will came later.

Hey nop90 how are you getting on with this? Is there anything we can help with?

Would be good to know what works and doesn't from a documentation perspective.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey nop90 how are you getting on with this? Is there anything we can help with?

Would be good to know what works and doesn't from a documentation perspective.

The project is halted.
I'm giving a low priority to this project because I have a fake SDL layer, mapping quick and dirty the SDL functions to the ctrulib ones, that works very well, and seems that there are really few peoples interested in developing for the 3DS.

But the project is not abandoned: I gained a good knowledge of the SDL library in these months but the code I have i really messed. I should restart again with the port from a clean version and now I don't have the time.

From march I should have less pressure at work, and maybe I could restart this project.

MikeDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The project is halted.
I'm giving a low priority to this project because I have a fake SDL layer, mapping quick and dirty the SDL functions to the ctrulib ones, that works very well, and seems that there are really few peoples interested in developing for the 3DS.

But the project is not abandoned: I gained a good knowledge of the SDL library in these months but the code I have i really messed. I should restart again with the port from a clean version and now I don't have the time.

From march I should have less pressure at work, and maybe I could restart this project.

Is it possible you could share the sdl ctrulib layer? I'd like to use it in my own game development package and the reliance on SDL for my project is actually quite small so you'd be helping me a lot!

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it possible you could share the sdl ctrulib layer? I'd like to use it in my own game development package and the reliance on SDL for my project is actually quite small so you'd be helping me a lot!

All my code is on github. Look at Zelda Picross or Griffon Legend, they have the most updated version. But don't expect a clean code, as I said it works fine but is very dirty.

MikeDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All my code is on github. Look at Zelda Picross or Griffon Legend, they have the most updated version. But don't expect a clean code, as I said it works fine but is very dirty.

Thanks, i'll take a look

Clean code is less important than working code (obviously we'd like both) but working code can be cleaned easier than code code can be fixed!

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just uploaded a new improved version of the lib on my Github.

Video is not perfect but 32 (RGBA8) and 24 (RGB8) bpp seem to work fine. 16 (RGB565) and 15 (RGB5_A1) have problems with the alpha channel)

Joystick support need some testing ant fixing. Audio is disabled.

In the readme file you'll find some info on the custom features introduced (e.gg to handle the dual screen mode or change default key mappings)

If I have time tonight I'll made a dedicated new post.

Last edited by nop90,

MikeDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wonderful news, thanks nop90! I'm going to try your new version tonight!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok