Hacking Sd2vita working no bubbles??

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No still the same mate

Hmm. You have vitashell, did you re-install that after moving to the sd2vita?

You've deleted the ux0:tai folder from the vita memory card (if one is inserted) and the internal 1GB ux0 (if using a vita 2000 and have ever used that)? Just to ensure the ur0:tai/config.txt is the one being used.

Adam85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm. You have vitashell, did you re-install that after moving to the sd2vita?

You've deleted the ux0:tai folder from the vita memory card (if one is inserted) and the internal 1GB ux0 (if using a vita 2000 and have ever used that)? Just to ensure the ur0:tai/config.txt is the one being used.

Hmm no I didn't reinstall vita shell after? I just copied config file from ux0 tai to ur0 tai (config) then deleted just the config file do i need to delete the full ux0:tai folder?
I've got the 2000 model but a bit lost what u mean 1gb internal? I've got a 8gb vita card in and now my new micro sd card
Sorry if I'm being thick I'm new to all this hacking

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Some Troubleshooting:

Did you format your SD Card for SD2Vita correctly ? (exfat + zzblank image)
If not try this guide: http://wololo.net/2017/07/20/setting-sd2vita-adapter-formatting-microsd-can-done-windows/

Did you try to use a tool like this ? https://github.com/Applelo/SwitchSD2Vita/releases
If not remove the plugin from your config.txt and use the plugin instead :)

You should delete the entire folder on ux0 and if everything from above doesn't help you could also try this:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/mlthaku-install-henkaku-with-sd2vita-without-memory-card.482254/

If you get "IO Errors" or something like that you can be sure that your card isn't correctly formatted.

If it still doesn't work you can just use my config.txt :)

Some things to know:

My config.txt is meant to be used together with a Homebrew called Plugins Manager. Clicke here to download.
there are a lot of other plugins inside the folder called "plugins" that you can enable with the manager if you want.
You have to google the names to get to know where you have to place them but that shouldn't be that big of a deal hopefully.

I am also using an old version of Adrenaline (I dunno why but I think it's because Mlthaku still uses the old version -.-)

Just extract the 7z to ur0:tai/

Good Luck and a Happy New Year <3

Attachments

• PSVita_ur0.7z
    275.9 KB · Views: 108

Adam85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some Troubleshooting:

If not try this guide: http://wololo.net/2017/07/20/setting-sd2vita-adapter-formatting-microsd-can-done-windows/

Did you try to use a tool like this ? https://github.com/Applelo/SwitchSD2Vita/releases

You should delete the entire folder on ux0 and if everything from above doesn't help you could also try this:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/mlthaku-install-henkaku-with-sd2vita-without-memory-card.482254/

If you get "IO Errors" or something like that you can be sure that your card isn't correctly formatted.

Some things to know:

My config.txt is meant to be used together with a Homebrew called Plugins Manager. Clicke here to download.
there are a lot of other plugins inside the folder called "plugins" that you can enable with the manager if you want.
You have to google the names to get to know where you have to place them but that shouldn't be that big of a deal hopefully.

I am also using an old version of Adrenaline (I dunno why but I think it's because Mlthaku still uses the old version -.-)

Much appreciated mate thanks for your time I will try this tomorrow and hopefully get it sorted, was getting stressed with it earlier so came out for new years drinks with family and friends but will defo try this tomorrow
Thanks again
All the best and happy New year to u

Reactions: Gnarmagon

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If you follow the guide maybe you already done this step, but in case you missed it, here you go.

Is your vita slim model?
Did you use vita memory card too?
If yes to both questions, where do you install the homebrew before using sd2vita? Internal(ur0) or external(ux0)?
If external, maybe you forgot to move the content from the vita card to micro sd card. You have several options:
1. Boot with L holds and move the homebrew using "application storage manager" app to internal memory (as in ur0).
2. Copy all files from uma0 to ux0, and reboot.
3. Reinstall the homebrew.
Either option you choose i recommend moving vitashell to internal memory (ur0), this way you won't need to reinstall it when you use sd2vita or not.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm no I didn't reinstall vita shell after? I just copied config file from ux0 tai to ur0 tai (config) then deleted just the config file do i need to delete the full ux0:tai folder?
I've got the 2000 model but a bit lost what u mean 1gb internal? I've got a 8gb vita card in and now my new micro sd card
Sorry if I'm being thick I'm new to all this hacking

If you didnt have to reinstall vitashell then 'all' homebrew bubbles were not missing after you moved to the sd2vita, so we need to confirm if your sd2vita is even being mounted as ux0:

You're seeing vitashell but not other homebrew bubbles.
If the microsd wasnt formatted correctly then it wouldn't be mounted at all so the vita would either not boot or you'd see your normal 8gb vita card and its contents.
If the microsd is formatted correctly, you transferred files over and have the gamesd set up correctly then it's very odd that vitashell would appear but no other bubbles.

What bubbles exactly are missing? Only nonpdrm games?
What size does vitashell show for ux0? The size of your microsd or still 8GB?
Which gamesd plugin are you using? If you have the wrong one it's possible your microsd is being mounted as umao: not ux0. Personally I use the original plugin that just mounts the microsd as ux0: (https://github.com/xyzz/gamecard-microsd/releases)

When a hacked vita boots taihen looks for ux0:tai/config.txt, if its found it will process that file and never look for ur0:tai/config.txt. We want it to use ur0:tai/config.txt.
ux0 (memory card) can be one of several things: an actual vita memory card, 1GB of internal storage that vita 2000s will use if no vita memory card is inserted, or, after the gamesd plugin loads, the microsd in the sd2vita becomes ux0.

To ensure the vita processes ur0:tai/config.txt you need to make sure it cant find ux0:tai/config.txt:
If you are leaving the vita memory card inserted while using the sd2vita, then boot up without the sd2vita inserted and make sure there is no ux0:tai folder
If you arent leaving the vita memory card in then boot up the vita without the sd2vita or actual vita memory card inserted and ensure there is no ux0:tai folder

Last edited by Count Duckula,

Adam85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some Troubleshooting:

Some things to know:

Hi mate im having another go at sorting this out, i am confident i did the exFAT and zzblank image bit ok as ive had my vita recognising the new memory card in game slot as when i went in settings it showed the extra memory there but all my hack bubbles didnt show and when i hold L trigger all my bubbles show up but it doesnt show the extra memory card

I have downloaded the the switch.sd2vita plugin and installed that and deleted my old config line plugin as new 1 is in there now, thought it all worked when i rebooted it and my bubbles appear and the little orange light near game card blinked but its not recognising the new memory card still displays 8gb in system settings

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, the icons/bubbles are located in the appmeta of ur0. each game also contains a contents folder. so it's ur0:/appmeta/title id/icon0.dds and ur0:/appmeta/title id/livearea/contents . now, the contents folder includes things like text overlay and the background. are those not showing up or just the icons? there's obviously something going on with your sd2vita card. your config file looks fine from what I could tell.

Last edited by godreborn,

Adam85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well, the icons/bubbles are located in the appmeta of ur0. each game also contains a contents folder. so it's ur0:/appmeta/title id/icon0.dds and ur0:/appmeta/title id/contents . now, the contents folder includes things like text overlay and the background. are those not showing up or just the icons? there's obviously something going on with your sd2vita card. your config file looks fine from what I could tell.
20180101_170136.jpg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks right. does the background appear right when you select a game? I forgot that it was ur0/appmeta/title id/livearea/contents. btw, that's the title id for henkaku. I'm not sure if it's molecular shell though.

Last edited by godreborn,

Adam85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
looks right. does the background appear right when you select a game? I forgot that it was ur0/appmeta/title id/livearea/contents. btw, that's the title id for henkaku. I'm not sure if it's molecular shell though.
yeh it all works fine as it should with games just have to hold L trigger on boot to get all emulators on and dont hold it to use sd2vita? or mite be the other way round im in a muddle with it all

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L should unload all plugins including the gamesd.skprx, so something is happening either with the sd2vita adapter, micro sd, or the plugin is the one for mass storage.

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yeh it all works fine as it should with games just have to hold L trigger on boot to get all emulators on and dont hold it to use sd2vita? or mite be the other way round im in a muddle with it all
I think you forgot to move/reinstall your homebrew, did you check my previous reply?

Last edited by dizz00,

Adam85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you follow the guide maybe you already done this step, but in case you missed it, here you go.

Is your vita slim model?
Did you use vita memory card too?
If yes to both questions, where do you install the homebrew before using sd2vita? Internal(ur0) or external(ux0)?
If external, maybe you forgot to move the content from the vita card to micro sd card. You have several options:
1. Boot with L holds and move the homebrew using "application storage manager" app to internal memory (as in ur0).
2. Copy all files from uma0 to ux0, and reboot.
3. Reinstall the homebrew.
Either option you choose i recommend moving vitashell to internal memory (ur0), this way you won't need to reinstall it when you use sd2vita or not.

Downloaded that app and moved all to other storage and it loads up as it should I see all bubbles and memory card is recognised but when I use homebrew things no roms are there and when I click on adrenaline it says I need to update to 6.61 ??

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Downloaded that app and moved all to other storage and it loads up as it should I see all bubbles and memory card is recognised but when I use homebrew things no roms are there and when I click on adrenaline it says I need to update to 6.61 ??
For adrenaline do you install the latest release? I assume not, then use this one and follow the instructions. I suggest to use uma0 for rom.

For the roms issue, did you put your roms in the correct folder? In adrenaline for example, it won't show up if you didn't put the roms in correct folder.

Some homebrews and games won't work correctly if you put it in internal memory. This is my advice.
Move to internal memory(ur0):
- vitashell
- application storage manager
- switchsd2vita(if you have)

Don't move:
- molecular shell, i read somewhere there is issue not sure though, but better safe than sorry.
- any vita games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...