Working Database Backup & Restore Tool?

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know which Database Backup & Restore tools work best? Can't remember which 2 or 3 I used (deleted them for being useless), but everytime I ever needed to restore, there'd be some syntax or SQL error screen. I thought having a PSVSD would make me immune to random database corruption, but apparently not. The other day, "Memory card removed... rebooting". So I let it reboot since I shouldn't physically remove my SD2Vita without powering it off. Moments later, the supposedly removed card was removed yet again. On next reboot, it wanted to reformat. Nope. Powered off and on, fine (neither card corrupted I confirmed later), but database had to be rebuilt. PSVSD wasn't unseated or anything. If I had to guess, because this happened while I was installing a new game from Vita DB, this database panic triggers when a game with the same ID as another game is installed (database operations are a fragile thing). Not to add more drama to a certain developer (one that is 'hated by the internet'), but it his game used ID ABCD12345, which I know I already had in /apps (don't know what it was and there's no database to find out?). Anyway, Now I have to manually re-folder all my stuff, reboot, repeat. But I'm so glad Custom Live Area can restore my customizations by scanning. Actually many weren't lost at all with the database update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...