SD2SNES Clone dead? Please help

2tailedfox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've got a 'rev-x' 'newest' SD2SNES clone. Despite being a 'pro version' it has a cyclone II rather than IV.
It worked fine when I got it a year or so ago, and it has pretty much sat collecting dust since then, but I tried it the other day in order to use 240p test suite, but it won't boot now for some reason.
The green light on the card comes on and stays on. Nothing else happens. Just black screen.
I've tried the following:

-Multiple snes consoles (don't have a mini or an analog fpga)
-multiple power bricks including official ones
-cleaning all the contacts in the consoles and the cart
-sd2snes diagnostic firmware, no log file is written
-new and old firmware 'sd2snes' folders on the SD card (1.8 I believe is what it came with and that doesn't work either)
-multiple SD cards all fat32 formatted and under 64GB
-checked clock battery it is at 2.83V which seems like it should be ok
-regular cards load in the systems no problem
-Did a quick look for bad solder joints and didn't immediately see any

Does anyone have any ideas?
Is there a way to like manually flash a firmware through the micro USB port or something?

2tailedfox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update, I have also tried removing the shell and using a bench supply at 10V capable of sourcing 40A. The meter on it says it is drawing about 400mA.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the problem with those clone cards is "we" cant troubleshoot them sometimes they´re buiild after ikari sometimes after krikzz sometimes they build on a mix of both and most times bad components are used wich is probably the root of your problem

but you could always try to ask in the krikzz forum

rojblake7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the problem with those clone cards is "we" cant troubleshoot them sometimes they´re buiild after ikari sometimes after krikzz sometimes they build on a mix of both and most times bad components are used wich is probably the root of your problem

but you could always try to ask in the krikzz forum
Update, I have also tried removing the shell and using a bench supply at 10V capable of sourcing 40A. The meter on it says it is drawing about 400mA.
Have sd2snes pro as well with same problem and have tried all the same fixes which were all nonsense . Unfortunately with the amount of the same complaints I have seen regarding this card and issue its down to this everdrive being hundreds of dollars worth of junk . Very sorry I bought such a finicky pile of garbage. Got a 50$ 900 in 1 card from Ali express and it works flawlessly. It hard but you need to take your sd2snes and throw in the garbage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight. +1