Hacking Screwed up my flashed DVD Drive. STUPID!!!

Zendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Alright, I was luckly to buy flashed Xbox 360, and I managed to play some games, except some other games when I burned it. Now, the problem is Whenever I tried to put DVD's inside the machine, I get sometimes Open Tray Disc, and sometimes not, and it was seriously annoying, so I thought the solution is that I Youtubed around, and there was James Dean way to fix the problem, basically had to open my xbox 360 and clean the laser reading and stuff. After the assemble the box back again, and tried to play games. The DVD Drive started to spin super crazy, and make a seriously loud noise, until after maybe 15-20 seconds or something, it starts to slow down, and I get the Open Tray Disc again.

I have absolutely no idea how my DVD Drive happened. Seriously desperate to fix this.

Hope someone could pinpoint me knowing what to do. This is so stupid of me doing this mistake!

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, one of a few things has happened. First: what did you use to clean it? should have been q tip and rubbing alcohol. Also you don't press just rub the surface then allow to completely dry before reconnecting. If you pressed too hard or didn't allow it to dry you may have damaged it. Or you may have dropped some cotton or still have residue on the lens. If it's the latter two things you can clean/ remove cotton and all will be good.
Second: you knocked the lens off track or lodged something in the track preventing the lens from moving. Or you broke the track by improper assembly. Or your drive unit under the tray is improperly installed. If it's the first things you just remove what is blocking it and you are good. If it's the last thing then you will have to take it back apart and put it back in the correct spot. Third: (which is probably your issue) your tray is not in it's track properly or the piece the holds the disc down above the tray is not in the correct spot or is broken. If it's the tray then take it back apart and ensure you place it back in its track properly. Honestly if you heard loud noises then your disc is probably ruined. (Oh yeah just for the hell of it are you sure your disc was in the disc tray properly? Try some cd you don't care about or something of that nature and see if this noise continues. Hell try the same disc again but this time make sure it's in the tray properly. Worth a shot?)

Zendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Sorry for late respond. Life happens to come in a way.

Okey, I did follow this video step , did not use any alchol, only my spit (tongue) to clean the laser with q-tip like the video showed.

How do I reset the right spot for the tray should be positioned at? It's basically impossible to know, due to everytime if I move the tray inside and start the xbox, the laser will just start to move up-down by default.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it's already flashed, you should be able to retreive the key no problem. If the drive is a liteon you can replace it with a benq and still beat the latest security checks (can't remember what they are called).. I say get a benq because they are a doddle to flash.

Zendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I'm pretty new to this, and what did you mean by retrieve the key? I am unfamiliar with this territory.

Any places where you know I can replace the liteon with the benq?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It means you need to dump the DVD key.
Download Jungleflasher.
It comes with a manual on how to do it.

What I recommend is just get the same DVD drive from internet and swap the boards.

Zendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Thanks! Does it really matter it needs to be exactly like the same DVD, or can I use another type?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-