Voltshock R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
This question appears common, especially with 3ds handhelds, but seems to have been not directly asked.
For DS top screens, light scratches may be erased by what sort of polish? I mean, if anyone has attempted the procedure and had positive results, could you please mention what the mixture or product was?
I have tried toothpaste on a GBA screen I do not use anymore and did not have positive results, instead the paste creating smaller scratches. :glare:
Supposely Plastx works for PSP screens and Novus #1 & #2 is often mentioned. Displex reviews normally note a cloudy after effect from the spot polished. I do not think the banana suggestions were legit for screen scratch removal and pink erasers are LCD only.
A popular answer would be use screen protector or the replacement of lens, but considering the scratch size, I rather see if an alternative exist. It does bother, but depth seems to indicate possible removal.
Any imput is appreciated :]

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
any cheap household remedy will just cause more damage that you had before. besides replacing the screen/protection thing, theres not much you can do

Voltshock R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS screen appears to be the same as the Gameboy screen lens line, so I would have to guess plastic. The scratches are few. I figure if an answer could be deducted, others with the 3ds border edges marking the top screen issue could remove those pressure lines resistant to the microfiber and water cleaning method.

Voltshock R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Thought I revive this question, in a different way.
Has anyone tried Plastx on 3DS screens/lens? Or on the Gamecube black logo? Just wondering if someone has that they might mentioned their experience?
Looking for any suggestions for scratch removal on semi-transparent plastic/acrylic surface that does not involve the eraser or toothpaste method.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is a real physical scratch, you will be able to catch your fingernail in it (sometimes I guess). If that is the case, I actually don't think there is anything you can do. But if it is just a surface scratch it can be wiped off as far as I know.I played TWEWY and Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword with almost no ill effects to my touch screen and any I though I might have created rubbed away.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc