nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
.1 second faster?
2kb smaller?

This has to be a joke
This is all groundwork for another project @Shadowhand is working on. One that actually does change a lot of stuff and deserves to be called something different than a Luma clone, unlike this one

Last edited by Wolfvak,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
.1 second faster?
2kb smaller?

This has to be a joke

• 0.5 less kilobytes over v1.1b!
  • 0.1s faster boot speed over v1.1b!
Troll confirmed
You've posted the same thing twice and both of them ended being the start of a new page.
That note aside. Are you going to do this with every single update? Because you are clearly ignoring the entire thread and multiple times Shadow has stated his intention. SaltFW is not it's own "CFW" it's a "Slim Alternative." It's meant to be a trimmed down Luma3DS that only sticks with the must-have patches and trimming it down to the most bare-bone you can get well still keeping Luma at it's core. This is not meant to replace Luma, but compliment it.
SaltFW is meant to be for those who want the Luma patches, but only want a slim CFW that they can install once and forget about. This has been established multiple times.

Last edited by The Catboy,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gah. Should have installed this to a 3DS that I sold a couple of days ago. Guy bought this for his kids, and I'm afraid they might do something extra stupid like accidentally format the card.

Of all the things this FW does it wont stop that

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada

I mean, opening EmuNAND and then using it to format the card. This firmware is great for people who are intimidated by this kind of thing, or don't need something complicated as hell.

I think I will install it onto my friend's o3DS - all she needs is a machine to play cias and I can give her the same decrypt9/emunand9 capabilities through hbl.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean, opening EmuNAND and then using it to format the card. This firmware is great for people who are intimidated by this kind of thing, or don't need something complicated as hell.

I think I will install it onto my friend's o3DS - all she needs is a machine to play cias and I can give her the same decrypt9/emunand9 capabilities through hbl.

Like I said

They can still format from system settings

Last edited by izy,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Like I said

They can still format from system settings
best thing to do would probably be to not include EmuNAND9/Decrypt9/etc . on the SD card at all. only put it on when required.
set up Parental Controls to prevent formatting via system settings.

Reactions: astronautlevel

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
best thing to do would probably be to not include EmuNAND9/Decrypt9/etc . on the SD card at all. only put it on when required.
set up Parental Controls to prevent formatting via system settings.

Yeah, pretty much, but the guy whom I sold it to is "tech illiterate" so...yeah. I basically told him not to mess with the files on the SD card.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
LTS? and how long?
I am guessing by LTS, he means this will be the only version for a long period of time. For how long? Most likely this is going to merge with his other project "ShadowNAND." So that's a great question.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sorry, that was a brainfart.
I am not sure how long this is going to be LTS since I am not Shadowhand. But since the main feature of SaltFW is to install once and forget about, it's most likely not going to be updated for a long time since there's no reason to update it. Right now it even works with 11.0.0-33 without a single hassle, so there's no reason to update it now.
Second, he's working on ShadowNAND right now. So there's a chance this might just fuse with that project instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily