ROM Hack SaGa 3 shadow or light cheats?

dayjay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Heya, I'm looking for cheats to use with the latest english patch of SaGa 3. My cheats.dat contains codes for an english version, but it seems to be incompatible as the cheats haven't updated since 2012 whereas the patch I'm using was updated in 2013.
Cheats were downloaded from ds-scene rom tool.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the record unless the patch changes something that cheat would have changed (usually for things like sound or some aspects of control hacking) then the cheat will probably still work -- moving sections of memory around beyond what you want to target is an enormous pain and there is little to no reason to do such a thing on a system like the DS, even on the NES and such where such a hack could have a greater purpose (but still an enormous pain) it would still be worth trying the cheats for.

With that said AsPika2219's link is where the cheat stuff would be found these days.

dayjay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
For the record unless the patch changes something that cheat would have changed (usually for things like sound or some aspects of control hacking) then the cheat will probably still work -- moving sections of memory around beyond what you want to target is an enormous pain and there is little to no reason to do such a thing on a system like the DS, even on the NES and such where such a hack could have a greater purpose (but still an enormous pain) it would still be worth trying the cheats for.

With that said AsPika2219's link is where the cheat stuff would be found these days.

Downloaded as AsPika2219 recommended and the cheats still don't work. I can see the codes when I open my cheats.dat using r4cce but I don't know why it doesn't ask me to enable them whenever I launch the rom. All of my other roms give me the option of enabling cheats.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah I thought you meant the cheats no longer had any effect, not just activation issues. The hack might have changed the header of the ROM -- cheat dat files do not tend to use ROM name and will instead use some variation on the header info of the ROM.
r4cce is a good tool so you should then be able to either edit the entry to copy it to a new one and alter the header info to the match that of the hacked ROM.

dayjay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah I thought you meant the cheats no longer had any effect, not just activation issues. The hack might have changed the header of the ROM -- cheat dat files do not tend to use ROM name and will instead use some variation on the header info of the ROM.
r4cce is a good tool so you should then be able to either edit the entry to copy it to a new one and alter the header info to the match that of the hacked ROM.

Thanks for the advice, changed the header info and now the cheats seem to be working. I wonder why no one bothered to update it?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most cheat databases were built against the standard game. Random hacks and updates to said hacks (if indeed they change the header at all) would make for a maintenance nightmare vs having the end user update the database accordingly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    CameronCataclysm @ CameronCataclysm: Why no blog posts about Nitendont going after Garry's Mod repos that have been up for a decade or 2?