[Rumour] Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Coming to Switch?

ALBW.png

Originally released in 2013, A Link Between Worlds turned heads, and to many proved itself as the successor to A Link to the Past. Maintaining an impressive score of 91 on Metacritic, it stood as a definitive title for the 3DS library—but that was 2013. Two years later, the game saw a second release in the form of its Nintendo Selects edition at a reduced price, but has since been put to rest. As if to dig it up from its peaceful slumber, Nintendo PR has recently been seen requesting to refeature review content for advertising material.

With a Nintendo Direct more than likely right around the corner, what could this mean for the game? The easiest conclusion to jump to would be a Switch remaster; the game being more than suitable with its lack of reliance on specific 3DS features. Other possibilities could include 3DS Virtual Console on the Switch, or even a sequel.

What do you think? Would you buy a HD remaster?

:arrow: Official GBAtemp Review
:arrow: Source

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Well no, bad physics aren't really subjective. When Mario falls to his death at twice the speed he falls at from jumping, and you can't reach a lower platform because you fall at terminal velocity, that's objectively bad design. Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's intentional, but either way it's awful. I'll check out SML2 though.

The implication that the game is objectively bad. Anywho, what can ya do? You like what you like, eh?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The implication that the game is objectively bad. Anywho, what can ya do? You like what you like, eh?
Like I was saying before, a game being objectively bad doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. I cite this example every time I have this argument.

This is one of the worst wads for Doom 2 ever created and yet it's one of my favorites because it's so hilariously bad and so out there. I don't think we could ever really get a wad like this again because people basically have to know exactly *why* things are agonizing and unfun, instead of just shitting out low effort maps as a "joke."

Being bad doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. It just means that it's flawed.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Like I was saying before, a game being objectively bad doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. I cite this example every time I have this argument.

This is one of the worst wads for Doom 2 ever created and yet it's one of my favorites because it's so hilariously bad and so out there. I don't think we could ever really get a wad like this again because people basically have to know exactly *why* things are agonizing and unfun, instead of just shitting out low effort maps as a "joke."

Being bad doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. It just means that it's flawed.

YOU disliking certain aspects of the game don't make it 'objectively' bad. You're misusing the word entirely. Also, I can't tie unofficial mods/WAD files into an argument involving official games. :S

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mate, this isn't a matter of me disliking or liking an aspect of the game. The jump physics are legitimately flawed. You're misreading what I'm saying as an opinion when I'm discussing something of a factual nature.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Mate, this isn't a matter of me disliking or liking an aspect of the game. The jump physics are legitimately flawed. You're misreading what I'm saying as an opinion when I'm discussing something of a factual nature.

No, you're writing the game in its entirety off as objectively bad, because of the physics. It was seemingly well received despite its shortcomings and that just further disproves your misuse of the word "objective". I'm not sure where you are failing to understand this.

I honestly don't even care that you dislike it. There's no reason to label it as "objectively bad" though.

Last edited by Kioku,
D

Deleted User

please no. Never liked this because its way too similar to LttP, even some of the dungeons are the same besides a few rooms. Port a better Zelda game.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
please no. Never liked this because its way too similar to LttP, even some of the dungeons are the same besides a few rooms. Port a better Zelda game.

This is why I'm confused. A Link Between Worlds left a lot to be desired. It was actually rather short, and simple.. even as a top down Zelda game. They took aspects and environments from aLttP and reused them, but the game still missed a lot. It's not a bad game, but they definitely could choose a far better game to give us. Assuming this awkward rumor holds any truth.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you're writing the game in its entirety off as objectively bad, because of the physics. It was seemingly well received despite its shortcomings and that just further disproves your misuse of the word "objective". I'm not sure where you are failing to understand this.
When a platformer -- a game heavily dependent upon the physics -- has bad physics, what else are you supposed to play it for? Story? Music? Graphics? It's like saying the foundation of a building being corroded and not worth building upon is "subjective."

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well no, bad physics aren't really subjective. When Mario falls to his death at twice the speed he falls at from jumping, and you can't reach a lower platform because you fall at terminal velocity, that's objectively bad design. Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's intentional, but either way it's awful. I'll check out SML2 though.
If your going to check out SML2 may I suggest this version..
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3784/ By far the best way to play it :)

Reactions: Kioku

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Or they could just make another new game. That would be nice.
They almost certainly are making a new Zelda already. Doesn't stop them from porting other Zelda games in the meantime. "I want to wait three years for a new Zelda game with nothing in-between" probably isn't the most popular opinion if I had to guess.

Last edited by Xzi,

Xathya

residence aparents trols of temps
Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
amazing game, lovec fuck out of.
why is everyone being the stupid and complain? is not like it hurt, if u dont likes or dont wants the games again then dont buy buit many peoples would plays again, and many never got to plays, its not like they is working on new zeldas gam rite now so this would takes time of that lol

Reactions: DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4