[Rumour] Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Coming to Switch?

ALBW.png

Originally released in 2013, A Link Between Worlds turned heads, and to many proved itself as the successor to A Link to the Past. Maintaining an impressive score of 91 on Metacritic, it stood as a definitive title for the 3DS library—but that was 2013. Two years later, the game saw a second release in the form of its Nintendo Selects edition at a reduced price, but has since been put to rest. As if to dig it up from its peaceful slumber, Nintendo PR has recently been seen requesting to refeature review content for advertising material.

With a Nintendo Direct more than likely right around the corner, what could this mean for the game? The easiest conclusion to jump to would be a Switch remaster; the game being more than suitable with its lack of reliance on specific 3DS features. Other possibilities could include 3DS Virtual Console on the Switch, or even a sequel.

What do you think? Would you buy a HD remaster?

:arrow: Official GBAtemp Review
:arrow: Source

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think this game will be good without 3d. 3d gave most of those games that extra dimension that made it pop and worthy of buying: bravely default, kingdom hearts, both metroid, all zelda, mario 3d, pokemon xy...

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought Twilight Princess looked bad even when it first came out on GameCube. Textures are just so bad.
Yes, but it looks better when it's at 480p. It looks HORRENDOUS at >=720p. The HD remaster was a mistake. It would've been better if newer things were added and it not have just been a port.

D

Deleted User

No, I wouldn't I have CFW, this is a cashgrab. Can't they just put 3DS Virtual Console? or stop porting/remaking games?

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spend less time on e621 and more time reading the reply chain, I was referring to his standards. You were -- and still are -- irrelevant to the discussion.
Also it's hilarious ironic you're saying it's "wrong" to "judge and bash other consumers for having different tastes and opinions" and then to do precisely that in the next line. This is why I normally don't reply to you.

It's interesting that you call me irrelevant, while the whole topic is a rumor about a port that turned into Yet Another Post About How Ports are Evils.
Also I was and still am? What the heck does that mean, it's the first time I was quoting you.

Now you claim you were referring to "his" standards. Yeah and so what? Am I not allowed to comment on it?
If you want to keep a conversation private so that nobody else can add their own sauce to the cake, please do so, but it's kind of silly to disregard any addition... just because you were initially replying to someone else.

I'm just saying that this or that console having more ports is no argument at all here. It just doesn't matter, businesses are businesses and they will answer to a demand, regardless if it's Sony, Nintendo or whatever. And there's no point using the fanboy wildcard over that.

Last edited by deinonychus71,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but it looks better when it's at 480p. It looks HORRENDOUS at >=720p. The HD remaster was a mistake. It would've been better if newer things were added and it not have just been a port.
That's because the lack of detail was hidden by the lower resolution. Games today don't really have to worry about this anymore (or rather they don't worry about it as much as they should) but back in the age of CRTs games would be able to get away with some things being blurry in the distance because everything was blurry to an extent, especially on consoles like the N64 that had two layers of anti-aliasing (which makes games like Quake look like shit imo) to hide imperfections.

When you throw these games up to HD though, these imperfections and shortcomings really, really stand out. You should watch My Life in Gaming sometime. Their videos on the topic are incredibly insightful and informative regarding game development around hardware and TV limitations.

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm on one side ... sure I would love it as this Zelda titel has escaped me as the 3DS was just not for me. I am part of the population that can't see the 3D that well in movies and for instance the 3DS. And while I could go for the mere none 3D experience I opted not to go that route.
That means I NEVER played it and from what I gather it is heavy influenced by ALTTP which I absolutely love it featured a fair amount of content.

So open to this coming to Switch? Hell yeah!
But not a full price of something like BOTW, that would be ridiculous as it has been out on 3DS for more then 4 years.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because the lack of detail was hidden by the lower resolution. Games today don't really have to worry about this anymore (or rather they don't worry about it as much as they should) but back in the age of CRTs games would be able to get away with some things being blurry in the distance because everything was blurry to an extent, especially on consoles like the N64 that had two layers of anti-aliasing (which makes games like Quake look like shit imo) to hide imperfections.

When you throw these games up to HD though, these imperfections and shortcomings really, really stand out. You should watch My Life in Gaming sometime. Their videos on the topic are incredibly insightful and informative regarding game development around hardware and TV limitations.

I've played many HD remasters and twilight princess is actually one of the better ones in comparison to the ps2 remasters. But they should a rebuilt it like the wind waker one

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
This game certainly doesn't lack about graphic. It only lack content consider it was make based on Snes game map so if this remaster can double the content then maybe it will worth it. Otherwise just upgrade to hd isn't enough for me to buy one.

D

Deleted-368796

Like others have mentioned, 4 Swords would prob be a better choice. To this day I have still yet to play through that one, because I could never find 4 friends that had the game to come together and play back in the day. And the newer generation of youth did not have that chance either, so it would make a lot more sense and would sell very well.

Tri Force Heros would be next up on the list. And before you jump on your soap box... NO, I did not really like the game that much either. Still, should be an easy port and and actually make sense on the Switch hardware. Second screen was not needed in that game (if playing w/others).

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
There are just so many better choices.

The install base for the 3DS was huge, therefore people will/have packed up this game. Also a simple increase in res for trade off of 3D.. is well... err not that amazing. I'm also not convinced it will look THAT great on a big TV.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo will port Triforce Heroes, include three player local multiplayer and encourage you to buy a new set of joycon. It's not even funny.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE